The all new PlayStation Stars loyalty program (Stars are not NFTs)

The_Kopite

37 minutes ago, XXIIlII said:

You don't need to play Returnal, the objective is to play any game.

Go to playstation stars front page then swipe down to refresh the page and you should unlock it. This is how I did it anyway and I was playing battlefield.

Their problem is not fulfilling the goals to unlock the collectible of the campaign. Their problem is that the campaign simply does not exist for them. It's not in the app. It was probably only sent to players who had played Returnal and finished the first boss before November 1st. 

I don't understand why Sony does it like that personally. The goal of PS Stars for them has to be to increase engagement and spending. Rewarding people strictly for past actions and without giving them a way to earn the collectibles in the present does neither. 

• Like 4

Feel incredibly silly for admitting this but with the ‘play wherever’ campaign make sure that you’ve clicked to start the campaign from within the app. Once I did this my remote play time started getting counted, though it’s still a bit janky with the tracking. Hope this helps someone. 

• Like 2

The points seem stingier than Nintendo, even if only slightly. You get about 10 points for $1 spent and can't redeem a $5 voucher until you earn 1,250 points. So, you only get about $5 for spending $125. With Nintendo, you get about 300 points for spending $59.99, which means about 600 points ($6) for spending $119.98.

A good thing is that legacy store purchases get you points. I bought a few cheap games on the Vita today and got points for them. 

• Like 1

On 06/11/2022 at 10:34 AM, Geridian said:

This possible solution is only working for PS5 users, sorry people.

Was able to fix the issue with the Remote Play challenge not registering progress (Play Wherever challenge).

Solution: PS5 settings -> User and Accounts -> Privacy -> Data You Provide -> Make sure, that this setting is set to Full and not to Limited.

/edit Sometimes challenge progress is only registered when you actively end the Remote Play connection and wait 10 to 15 minutes. It's all about telemetry and patience. ?

Source: 

/edit2 Also use this as a guide if you still encounter issues with this challenge:

My guess is that Sony depends very much on telemetry for PS stars.

I can confirm this worked for me with my PS5 Remote Play challenge! I wonder what other challenges they'll offer in the future that give coins as a reward. I hope they'll work for everyone, at least. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mattfry94 said:

I wonder what other challenges they'll offer in the future that give coins as a reward. I hope they'll work for everyone, at least. 

Simple,they will offer challenges that are bugged like this one

The majority of people here cant complete it coz is glitched

• Like 2

On 11/7/2022 at 6:29 AM, iriihutoR84 said:

Their problem is not fulfilling the goals to unlock the collectible of the campaign. Their problem is that the campaign simply does not exist for them. It's not in the app. It was probably only sent to players who had played Returnal and finished the first boss before November 1st. 

I don't understand why Sony does it like that personally. The goal of PS Stars for them has to be to increase engagement and spending. Rewarding people strictly for past actions and without giving them a way to earn the collectibles in the present does neither. 

It could be to reward early purchasers of games. If they reward people who have already done it there is a higher percent that those people bought a new copy of the game, whereas if they make it for anyone to unlock at the current point in time people could just go out and buy a used copy to get rewarded for cheaper and Sony would not get any of the profits from the 2nd hand sales.

On 11/7/2022 at 4:35 PM, DEI2EK said:

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/11/07/your-playstation-stars-update-for-november-2022/

New god of war collectible along with a Ratchet and Clank collectible, and a few more things

I feel really burned by Sony by them only offering the GOW collectible to those who pre-ordered the game digitally or direct from Sony. I pre-ordered the collector's edition via a retailer and yet I'm not going to have access to the campaign?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MD_91 said:

Pretty sure I've tried everything to get the remote play challenge to work as a PS4 user and it refuses to register, not like the coins are worth much but it's still annoying as it's the first objective I've had any interest in

i did it on my phone and made sure to go for 10mis per session

57 minutes ago, jason_trixta said:

i did it on my phone and made sure to go for 10mis per session

And you did it for PS4?? So far all the PS4 users (or more accurately people that didn't buy a PS5) including myself have had no luck.

OK so craziest thing just happened to me! I was trying the Remote Play thing again in the false hope that it wold work for me (which it didn't), but something else even better happened!

As I connected to Remote Play, I see a Stars campaign pop up on my feed saying something along the lines of "Thanks for preordering God of War Ragnarok on the PS Store, here are 1225 points for you!"

But the thing is, I didn't preorder GoW on the PS Store. I did preorder and then bought the physical version from Gamestop earlier today along with Sonic Frontiers, but I haven't installed the game yet so there's no reason that campaign should have unlocked for me! Unless somehow Gamestop is partnered with Sony for certain physical preorders or somehow my Remote Play challenge activated the wrong campaign?! Either way, I was hoping for the 75 points from the Remote Play campaign and I got 1225 instead :P 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

OK so craziest thing just happened to me! I was trying the Remote Play thing again in the false hope that it wold work for me (which it didn't), but something else even better happened!

As I connected to Remote Play, I see a Stars campaign pop up on my feed saying something along the lines of "Thanks for preordering God of War Ragnarok on the PS Store, here are 1225 points for you!"

But the thing is, I didn't preorder GoW on the PS Store. I did preorder and then bought the physical version from Gamestop earlier today along with Sonic Frontiers, but I haven't installed the game yet so there's no reason that campaign should have unlocked for me! Unless somehow Gamestop is partnered with Sony for certain physical preorders or somehow my Remote Play challenge activated the wrong campaign?! Either way, I was hoping for the 75 points from the Remote Play campaign and I got 1225 instead :P 

Hm, that's really lucky. I pre-ordered and picked up the collector's edition from GameStop and just checked and I didn't get that campaign. The article that was shared said it was only going to be for people that pre-ordered it digitally or through direct.playstation.

2 hours ago, TheRedMaverick said:

I've lost almost all interest in this program at this point. Time limited and buggy challenges, limiting challenges (and the program itself) to specific regions/players, underwhelming rewards...

Yeah I tried multiple times completing a few challenges and nothing, it's useless and buggy. I go about my usual way and whatever unlocks, unlocks I don't care anymore.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

They gave you the points from my Digital Deluxe pre-order that I never got.

7 hours ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

I didn’t pre-order this in PSN Store, nor did I pre-order physical, nor intend to do so, but still got the campaign and points… that’s a free $4.50… ?

7 hours ago, ZEE11W said:

nice. What version did you pre order. I pre ordered the deluxe version from the PS Store. But only got 855 points.  

I didn't preorder from the PS Store, I mentioned that above. I did preorder a physical version from gamestop though, just the regular PS4 version. I'm thinking something is screwy with the App, because it unlocked as I was setting up Remote Play from my phone.