Can’t Cat-ch Me can go F itself

trojbrown40

On 24/07/2022 at 10:28 PM, CoaTi_Zer0 said:

A game that takes 4 hours to complete ( less than 2 on speedrun) shouldn't have random bullshit like this in it. After 3 hours of trying deleted the game and never buying anything of the developer. Don' t care about being salty it is just utter bullshit. Wall hugging, running through enemies all don't work. Once finished the final section with them getting me at last spot but most of the times it is the bullshit just before the fence section. If you wall hug, go left, go right, pauze and than run,...it doesn't really matter...they get you or jump on you from blind spots. And the run you pass that the fence part fucks you up

And if you put something as this in the game at least make loadtimes 0 (yes I'm on ps5) and make the sprint button work everytime...

I know this sounds like super salty but really wtf...

try it on PS4 as well (if you still want to 100% the game on any version). on PS4, this trophy is 10x easier than on PS5, many users have confirmed this. there seems to be a difference with the behaviour of the Zurks between the PS4 and PS5.

Edited by ay-Man77

This was definitely the hardest trophy in this game. That tight alley was the absolute worst and I feel like sometimes they had a weird rubber band effect where they do a super stretch jump to grab you. I still got the plat but this one took a little while lol 

Having just got this trophy for the PS5 version, here are my tips.

Try to anticipate where they are gonna come out. If you have been doing this for 20mins or more, you know the pattern that they come out. Sure the occasional one might get you but it helps. If those creatures comes from the right side, stick to the right wall until the last second and then zig to the left. Same thing applies to if they come out from the left side, except this time you would zag to the right.

The stairwell area in the middle is the most narrow, so this is where that technique works well.

I say this now, but I fight feel a whole lot different when I go for the PS4 version.

10 hours ago, MtalCat said:

Took me like 20 tries while i listen to a seminar on youtube. I dont understand the drama around this trophy

It took me less than that to beat Malenia in Elden Ring, which got a lot of talk of how hard it was, but this trophy took me almost 2 hours of repeated attempts. Some trophies hang up some more than others. 

There’s skill, there’s RNG, and there’s luck involved. This trophy involves mostly the last 2.

Right im not going to tell everyone that im an average player and i dont know what their complaining about and that i did it the 4th time.

What i am going to do is give what i think is a great tip. It may or may not have been mentioned before. 

What i did was keep rapidly swapping directions and anticapating where there coming from. Just going zig zag nearly worked for me but rapidly swapping directions side to side helped me alot.

• Like 1

What is your problem?

I mean - its so simple. Run forward until an enemy is jumping on you, then quickly rund left or right until you pass the group of enemies. I needed 5 tries, just because I didnt know the locations of the enemies at first and had to figure out how to avoid best then.

Its not luck based imo. Dont run -into- enemy groups, if there is a passage that is too small to avoid running through a group, hug one wall and avoid their jumps by switching to the other side while running through it. In the last part, where three groups spawn from different sides, just avoid them ans run through the open soace between them - watch out for jumping enemies and again switch to the left or the right. I used rhe right way at the end btw, the one where ome group of enemies spawned, instead of the left one that looks less dangerous. Never tried the left one.

--

Its only luck based if you dont try to avoid them and blindly run left and right instead. Try to play it as the minigame it is and dont listen to people to "hug walls" or "try go switch sides the whole time". Just avoid the enemy jumps and dont run directy into groups. Thats it.

10 hours ago, dannyswfc9 said:

What i did was keep rapidly swapping directions and anticapating where there coming from. Just going zig zag nearly worked for me but rapidly swapping directions side to side helped me alot.

You can try this out but this way of doing the trophy will always be luck based.

On 20.7.2022 at 4:04 AM, Deadvember said:

They jump in a straight line, don't zig zag too much or you'll end up on being on the line they're aiming for. You can run through them and touch them, they just can't land on you. I just ran at them and as they were about to jump I'd do a sharp left/right. Took me a few attempts after I figured that out.

This guy is right. Thats exactly how it works.

Edited by I-CatHasTrophy-I

36 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

@I-CatHasTrophy-I my method isnt luck based. It just makes it so hard for them to stick on you because your constantly quick moving side to side

Nah thats wrong. Its absolutely luckbased if you only run around like a headless chicken.

This section is not RNG. The enemies spawn identical everytime - but if you take longer to run through the corridors (because of more or less zickzack moves) they jump into different directions and block the way through more or less.

Its impossible to zickzack the whole time identically each try. So its always a matter of luck if it works out well or if it doesnt.

But if you run straight and just move when you have to, you can just play through this minigame like its a 1/10.

Ive not seen this much unnecessary drama since flappmaster trophy in goat sim

Yeah flappy goat was a bad one but its not comparable. Some tries were quite easy some were really hard because it was RNG and the controls were pretty bad. In stray the controls are fine (I only played on Ps5 if that matters) and the section is always the same.

Well - as expected, this whole thread is a lot of fuss over nothing.

I think folks are over-thinking themselves into a tangle with this trophy - there's no real trick to this as far as I can see - just always be moving away from the Zurks that are on the ground, and towards/ under the ones that jump.

I set aside an hour to have a go at this, and ended up getting it on the third attempt. :dunno:

On the plus side though, it gave me an excuse to finally figure out how to upload a video to YouTube, so I suppose that's something! ?

Voila:

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

just always be moving away from the Zurks that are on the ground, and towards/ under the ones that jump.

Just like that ??

On 24.7.2022 at 10:28 PM, CoaTi_Zer0 said:

A game that takes 4 hours to complete ( less than 2 on speedrun) shouldn't have random bullshit like this in it. After 3 hours of trying deleted the game and never buying anything of the developer. Don' t care about being salty it is just utter bullshit.

I know this sounds like super salty but really wtf...

Oh yeah, lets cry about -one- trophy that takes a few tries and not about a speedruntrophy thats totally useless in a game with such a beautiful environment. ?

So the trophy would be fine if the game tooks 20 hours or what? ...

Really, I am playing this game for 9 hours now, just reached chapter 10. The story is depressing, beautiful and sad in the same time. I play the game because I am interested in everything - if you wanna rush games within 2-3 hours, maybe you should just stick with breakthrough and ratalaika games. 

Just because a game is short doesnt mean that is has to be a speedplatinum. People should try to focus on a game, not on the platinum only.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, I-CatHasTrophy-I said:

Really, I am playing this game for 9 hours now, just reached chapter 10. The story is depressing, beautiful and sad in the same time. I play the game because I am interested in everything - if you wanna rush games within 2-3 hours, maybe you should just stick with breakthrough and ratalaika games. 

I agree - I spent a good 8-9 hours just playing the first playthrough, and didn't feel like I was going particularly slowly - it's a game really showcasing some wonderful environmental storytelling, where each and every little detail in the areas tells a story about the history of the city and the lives of the inhabitants - people are really missing out on some great stuff if they are just whizzing though the game :dunno:

Don't rag on Ratalaika by lumping them in with Breakthrough though - Ratalaika publish some decent stuff!

Easy trophies of course, but often decent little games.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, I-CatHasTrophy-I said:

Just like that ??

Oh yeah, lets cry about -one- trophy that takes a few tries and not about a speedruntrophy thats totally useless in a game with such a beautiful environment. ?

So the trophy would be fine if the game tooks 20 hours or what? ...

Just because a game is short doesnt mean that is has to be a speedplatinum. People should try to focus on a game, not on the platinum only.

Hey! Ratalaika games are great okay? Like some Shmups or super  Mario clones. Compared with todays standard they are enjoyable.

Breakthrough games are garbage ofc. They aren't games and only for trophy addicted people or who want to boost their rank in the leaderboards. Idc any of that stuff.

And of course people exaggerated about 1 trophy. It wouldn't be Psnprofiles if someone isn't opening a thread after failing for 1 specific trophy ob their first try. 

Edited by ShadyWARcotix
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Don't rag on Ratalaika by lumping them in with Breakthrough though - Ratalaika publish some decent stuff!

8 minutes ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

Hey! Ratalaika games are great okay? Like some Shmups or super  Mario clones. Compared with todays standard they are enjoyable.

Oh dont get me wrong - some of the Ratalaika games are amazing. I loved them back in the days when they released most of them on PsVita too (most of their games are wonderful to play on handheld!)

But normally Ratalaika games just work like Artifex Mundi Games - they take <5 for the platinum and normally there isnt a single difficult trophy in the list :) And thats okay. Not every game has to be hard. I also enjoyed tons of Powgi and Pic-a-Pix games on my Vita in the past (great to do stuff like that while drinking the first coffee of the day on free days ?) all of them are easy to complete.

But i cannot understand why people are complaining about a single trophy in stray that has to be achieved instead of getting it for free. I mean, its not like they want us to do a full run without getting hit. Its just a one minute section ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, I-CatHasTrophy-I said:

Yeah flappy goat was a bad one but its not comparable. Some tries were quite easy some were really hard because it was RNG and the controls were pretty bad. In stray the controls are fine (I only played on Ps5 if that matters) and the section is always the same.

Both trophies are a piece of piss imo and im not greatly skilled at all.

Wether the method i said is luck based or not it worked for me after 4 trys and believe it will work for others. Im sure other ways work just as good if not better but this is the only way i tried. As soon as i jumped through the window i thought wow was that it. 

Edited by dannyswfc9

1 minute ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Wether the method i said is luck based or not it worked for me after 4 trys and believe it will work for others. Im sure other ways work just as good if not better but this is the only way i tried. As soon as i jumped through the window i thought wow was that it. 

I agree. With this method some people will achieve it within the first try - others will achieve it after 200. And I think thats okay for not focussing on the minigame ^^ I mean, they even have the possibility to watch Netflix in the same time.

2 hours ago, I-CatHasTrophy-I said:

This section is not RNG. The enemies spawn identical everytime 

I'm not disagreeing with your overall point but this point you make is interesting to me because for me they weren't spawning identically each time and perhaps that's what's causing such a clash between people.

Like I said in another post, whilst the spawn points are all the same each time, I was finding between runs that as few as three may appear at some points but then on another run six or seven could appear at the same point, the narrow alleyways being the best example of where this was noticeable.

Saying that though, perhaps this was more of a bug where it simply didn't display them correctly because I did see someone else say they had the same problem I had a few times where suddenly, seemingly out of nowhere one would limpet onto my face without anything even jumping at me.