Can’t Cat-ch Me can go F itself

trojbrown40

I saw an article pop up on my phone how this trophy had a lot of people mad at how hard it was and my friend messaged me saying she gave up after an hour of trying it so I was not excited to go for it. After my 2 hour or less speed run unlocked I loaded the chapter and decided I was going to give it a few tries. I got it on my first try, well technically my third as I did a playthrough for fun and a speed run but first of actually trying. It was great relief when I flew through that window and it popped. Good luck to everyone going for it. The best advice I can give is don't weave to much.  For the most part I ran in a straight line with an occasional sharp turn when I saw one about to land on me. 

I think this trophy took me about 15-20 minutes of attempts. There was one section in the alleyway that I struggled with mostly. The drop essentially vertically down from  the left and I was grabbed every time. My work around here was essentially to just stop running, let em drop down and then zig zag once they were on the ground. Besides that one tiny section, the rest of the run was essentially hugging a wall and then  zig zagging as a mob homing missiled me. 

I posted a video of the game and my path to the platinum with my successful full run of the trophy included if people need a visual reference. It's about 4 minutes into the video.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, parkerdip said:

I just started playing it and this took me about 3 goes. Wondered what the fuss was about 

The people who played Ratalaika and Mayo games unexpectedly got something actually required a bit of skill and patience. They tried running straight for 5 times and got asses burnt. Just ignore them :)

• Like 1

On 7/20/2022 at 7:28 AM, The Alchemist said:

Okay guys, so I was raging about this very trophy in the trophy thoughts thread yesterday. Started back at it today with a fresh head and renewed hope. Managed to get it on my third attempt today. I'll share what worked for me on my successful run, and some other tips I've learned after well over 100+ attempts at this awful trophy. 

So after my successful run, I tried the section again another 5 or 6 times to see if this was a fluke, or if it was a legit foolproof method. It worked every time for me. It's almost so obvious now in retrospect that I feel incredibly stupid not to have thought of it earlier. What you need to do in the tighter sections where the zurks come down steps and start converging on you from different areas etc. is HUG THE WALL. I mean absolutely stick as close to the wall as possible. If the zurks come from the right, stick to the wall on the left and vice versa. They will jump at you but will miss you by a lot, seemingly it's impossible for them to latch onto you when you're by the wall. Just to reiterate, I tried this method another 5-6 times to see if it was an actual method that could be used, or if I just got lucky. It worked every single time for me. I really think this is the key to a successful run. It should be noted that near the final section you can go left, or right down some steps. I only ever went left at this bit so I don't know how going right would affect this method, if at all. 

Some other tips that may or may not have been mentioned already:

1. Don't zig-zag too much, especially in the wider open sections because you'll inevitably zig-zag into the path of a zurk. Also time your zig-zags, because they do slow you down a lot.

2. I found that my thumb would begin to slip off the left stick at about the halfway point of a run. By all means pause the game to compose yourself before continuing if need be, just make sure you do it after you've passed a group of zurks. 

That's all I can really think of now, but yeah make sure you try the wall method and let me know if it works for you, which hopefully it will. Good luck! 

This is the way, got it on the first try ever by gluing myself to the walls. Thank you for the tip!

• Like 2

I popped this after around 30-35 attempts. Didn't frustrate me too much, I actually found the first section more difficult than when you take the first hard left. 

Only tips I can give, and I believe some have been previously suggested: Hug the walls, only zig-zag in the tighter spaces & stop being so hard on yourself. This Platinum is easily achievable, just don't expect it to be a complete 1/10 for difficulty. They were generous with the other trophies. Just breathe, you'll get it. 

Yeah this was a kinda annoying trophy. Some areas you have to take slow(ish) while for others you have to run straight at them and start strafing really late. I managed to get some pretty solid strats for the 3 difficult areas. The 2 narrow stairs and the purple nest thingy. Those 3 are all in a row. For the first stair, i run straight at it and start strafing at the first step. Second stairs i wait at the bottom for like .5 seconds and run you to the top and start going side to side again. The purple nest thingy is was got me the most. You have to run straight at it and start going side to side really late. The open areas should not give you any issues. Good Luck guys!

• Like 1

On 20.7.2022 at 5:02 AM, Enzo_0684 said:

Not sure if this will help anyone, but I found it easiest going straight in wider sections when the zurk's aren't next to you, and then going tight zig zag's when there grouped up and wide zig zag's in tighter area's. Hopefully this will help since it took me 30 minutes to get 1f602.png

Did the same. First ca 20sec I was sticking to the walls and then did a sharp zig zag when I saw this mofos jumping at me. The problem is that they’re moving so unpredictable…Took me also ca 30mins.

• Like 1

I'm an average gamer. This took me maybe 100x and some cussing but I got thru it and the personal satisfaction was sensational, and that made it worth it for someone left of the bell curve in gaming ?

It reminded me of my timed training run in COD MW Remastered.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/5379-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-remastered/48-best-of-the-best

That was harder but still this was a good feeling.

This took me over 20 tries ?. Whenever I get stuck on a trophy that's difficult or RNG based, I just remind myself that I've accomplished way harder things in gaming! Avoiding zurks isn't harder than Platting the FromSoft games and isn't as RNG heavy as getting all the Giant and Mini Gold Crowns in MHW and Iceborne ?.

Sometimes you just gotta put on your big boy (or girl) pants and push through. Especially when there is no real trick or cheese method. Learn the spawn patterns and do things differently (hug the wall/ zig zag differently/ choose different paths etc).

Best advice I can give to anyone stuggling on this is to recall that you've achieved harder things that you've been proud of and that you'll eventually get this silly little trophy! 

I just finished it this morning in about twenty minutes.  I don't really have tips because I just practiced (and tried not to get angry when zurks I've avoided multiple times get lucky and grab me) but I'll say that the hardest part for me was a narrow alley about halfway through.  I didn't find going left or right or zigzagging really helped in this section because it was so narrow you're essentially running right into the zurks.  I eventually got through it by slowing down a second right before them so they could spill onto the ground first (they were kind of falling on me before when I tried to stay running) but even then I was lucky in getting through them.  But the encouraging part is that the one time I got through there without being grabbed was the time I completed the entire run.  So that was a bottleneck for me but if anyone else is struggling with that specific part know that it gets easier after that.

Also, I don't know if this is random or if I imagined it but for some reason I often found the beginning sections easier if I hesitated a second before going at the start (not too long because zurks are coming up behind you)  I wonder if the game expects that you are reading the R2/run tutorial so things are timed a certain way.

I’ve tried this trophy for about an hour, then just moved on to play the story. The super small alley that has some sacs on it is where they get me a lot. I learned spinning around made them miss more than anything. Then I’ll get to the massive Zurk field ending and choke. 

what’s ironic is I’ll get grabbed ONCE in some feasible part I normally don’t, then I’ll make it the rest of the way!! Happened at least 3 times. I said “fine I’ll just run and complete it” then that happened, so I kept restarting thinking “I just made it through the hard sections! One more time…” 

This trophy is crap lol. Zurk will not even jump and grabs onto me. I’m seeing videos of people just running through them yet they just suck onto me like an octopus. I wouldn’t care if all the alleys were wide like the beginning, but that middle tight corridor section SUCKS. 

Edited by Zeep_Xanflorp92