Server shutdown announced - 9th November 2022

i've completed this a few years ago, and i have to say: these are the WORST servers i ever used. WORST. Some people said you need NAT 2, others live in the same region than your partner, others having same region game...

I have to say, i did this with a german player, me with US version and he with EU version. Both of us have NAT 3 and i'm from Argentina, so we live far thousand of kilometers away.

So my best advice is keep trying to join over and over again until you make it, hopefully once you get connected you will not suffer any connection issue. Then, complete all three campaigns in a row and DO NOT DISCONNECT until you made it, if you want to take a break or go to sleep just keep the PS3 on and continue next day. If not, brace yourself for another hour trying to connect.

And a last thing, there's a stand alone DLC for this game called Commander's Challenge. This doesn't have platinum and does not form part of the 100% of the original game. But if you are interested, just be aware that it can be delisted anytime because servers closure. 

Edited by AN0n1m8
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, AN0n1m8 said:

And a last thing, there's a stand alone DLC for this game called Commander's Challenge. This doesn't have platinum and does not form part of the 100% of the original game. Just be careful if you are interested that it can be delisted nowadays because servers closure. 

That has been or is about to be, delisted :(.

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

That has been or is about to be, delisted :(.

Still available in US as of this morning. Does this standalone have mp trophies?

How many are needed to boost the standalone (if applicable) or the main game?

39 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

Still available in US as of this morning. Does this standalone have mp trophies?

How many are needed to boost the standalone (if applicable) or the main game?

Fortunately, Commander's Challenge is an offline game so no servers to worry about :). The main game of RA3 only needs 2 players for the online stuff.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, KingSkovald said:

Is it possible to do 3 co-op trophies with alt if it's afk all the time? How difficult it would be?

Nope, your alt account will get destroyed by the enemy A.I if you just leave them to their own devices (that is if you can even connect to your other account) - both players have to physically play the game if you want to get the online stuff done. With the servers being as garbage as they are, I personally wouldn't bother trying to finish this game.

23 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Nope, your alt account will get destroyed by the enemy A.I if you just leave them to their own devices (that is if you can even connect to your other account) - both players have to physically play the game if you want to get the online stuff done. With the servers being as garbage as they are, I personally wouldn't bother trying to finish this game.

Sounds like a pain in the ass, mission is failed if one of players die? I was relaxing after finishing Killzone and decided to open delistedgames,com, Oh well,,,

EDIT: and what if I try to control both on easy difficulty? Or is it too insane?

Edited by KingSkovald

I just bought a copy. C&C was one of my earliest PC games, didn't get into Red Alert so much but I feel like I need to give it a chance.

Can the co-op be played on a low difficulty? I don't mind dealing with shitty servers but do I also need to be a pro AND find a pro partner?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KingSkovald said:

Sounds like a pain in the ass, mission is failed if one of players die? I was relaxing after finishing Killzone and decided to open delistedgames,com, Oh well,,,

It has been years since I last played this game so can't say for sure but even if you don't get an automatic game over after losing a player, you will seriously struggle against the A.I on the harder difficulties without a competent friend to play with.

6 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

I just bought a copy. C&C was one of my earliest PC games, didn't get into Red Alert so much but I feel like I need to give it a chance.

Can the co-op be played on a low difficulty? I don't mind dealing with shitty servers but do I also need to be a pro AND find a pro partner?

I've just looked at the Guide and you can finish the co-op campaigns on Easy but if you want fewer playthroughs, you have to do them on Hard. Do note though, you cannot save whilst in co-op mode so playing on Hard might be too much to ask of your friend.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 3

I've been wanting to start this game for ages, but every time I go to the MP menu, my game freezes :( 

I really want to start this game and I've contemplated just putting it on my list despite being unable to get 100%, but never got around to it yet.

If I was able to connect, I'd be more open to playing through on easy just to get the exclusively online trophies done. Anything else that can be done offline (even the misc skirmish trophies) I'd rather do myself. I just want the "only-online" trophies done if I can find a way to connect properly online!

19 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Yes, ever since I bought the game years ago :(. I've never had a successful match with anyone so gave up trying.

Don’t really know if I go with the game since I heard lots of server issues that’s makes me think to not even play it 

God knows that we need a break from games shutdown ?

• Like 1

I tried playing online on this 6 months ago and the servers are so bad I gave up trying with a session group of 6 people. On each person, we ran into the blank name in lobby glitch which always results in a black screen freeze when loading into the match for the player joining the lobby. 

I now have two copies between my two PS3's and running into the same issue unfortunately. You will be lucky to get this co-op to even work in the first place. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

I tried playing online on this 6 months ago and the servers are so bad I gave up trying with a session group of 6 people. On each person, we ran into the blank name in lobby glitch which always results in a black screen freeze when loading into the match for the player joining the lobby. 

I now have two copies between my two PS3's and running into the same issue unfortunately. You will be lucky to get this co-op to even work in the first place. 

Have you tried changing your NAT type? Or doesn’t it matter? Maybe change your DNS settings etc. There should be some ways to connect eventually. I know those servers are garbage though. Let me know if you manage to get online in that game. 

11 hours ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

Have you tried changing your NAT type? Or doesn’t it matter? Maybe change your DNS settings etc. There should be some ways to connect eventually. I know those servers are garbage though. Let me know if you manage to get online in that game. 

I was hoping I wouldn't have to tinker with router settings but it's inevitable I'll have to, to get this to work. 

• Like 1

Holy shit, EA is finally escaping with this game into space, lmao. xxD

So yeah, getting the online done in this one is truly a pain. I remember I struggled a lot with one with my boosting partner over months until we finally hit the nail on the solution. I remember I covered this game early last year, and yes, the servers were just as unstable and unreliable as they are now. From what I remember, our issue was that we were never able to see each other online. We tried a bunch of different setups and recommendations on WiFi configuration to get this one going and they all failed until we finally discovered our problem.

It's all about your NAT setup plus a combination of other factors as well. This post here makes excellent work at explaining all of the possible solutions you can utilize. What ended up working for us was me setting a NAT1 connection by enabling Bridge mode on my modem at the time. PS consoles are particularly stingy to detect a NAT1 connection so you will have to be crafty at enabling one of yours. It will also depend on the kind of network you have at home, you know, modem, routers, how they are set up, and such. The idea is to have the most direct connection possible between your console and the Internet. Since I was the one with the NAT1 connection, I would host matches. @cr1s was my partner at the time and he had to enable DMZ setting on his router to be able to see and connect with me online. Remember that you also have to have an EA account to play online and loging into said account can fail a couple of times. It is no exaggeration that we would often play and the login process could fail anywhere from 2-3 times to more than a dozen times. Just keep trying until it manages to authenticate itself.

After this whole ordeal is done, you should be able to play the game via co-op with a friend. It's a lot of effort for sure but we managed to do it. As for the game itself, it was really fun. It was my first time playing a C&C game and I had a blast with it. Mostly due to the absurdity of it all but the RTS gameplay was good. It was weird playing on a console since these games are better suited for mouse and keyboard but the solution devised here with the gamepad also worked rather nicely.

Best of luck to anyone here trying to catch this game before it flies off into space before November, 9th, 2022. ;D

• Like 3