Platinum bugged?

MysticMase

11 hours ago, Septomor said:

Snails stopped spawning in Anura (the second area) after beating the boss there. I beat 4 bosses, tried farming for snails for about 3 hours and not a single one ever showed in any area. Afterwards I beat the game and started a new save. Found around 30 snails on the second playthrough in Anura (though I never got any drops from them) in 2 runs. 

Both snails spawning and snails not dropping items are reported bugs so the devs should be aware of them. They have a huge list to go through so it will probably take some time.

Can confirm this. Im on my 3rd playthrough, 1st playthrough, 15 hrs, beat game and have everything but snails no longer spawn and I can't even access the Lonely Shack for the knucklebones matches. 2nd Playthrough has 5 hrs, beat the first 2 bosses and was on my 3rd crusade right before 3rd boss, and decided to see if I could farm the snails and they already stopped spawning. So it seems the disappearance definitely happens after killing the second boss.

Im now on my 3rd playthrough, 6 hours in.. Upon reaching Anura, my first crusade had snail spawns, the second crusade did not, and the 3rd crusade had snail spawns. I have repeated the 3rd crusade, in Anura, for hours (using the escape ability unlocked with the heart), and have not seen a single shell after killing HUNDREDS of snails. Not one shell across all playthroughs. So people may want to quit trying, cause we might have to be patient on this one.

Im going to try a few more different things and see if I can get it to work.

Edited by OFFICER_OILDAB
Added to
  • Like 1

Too bad there's completion-breaking problems, I was considering this one but I guess I'll have to wait until fixes are issued.

If the game wasn't bugged, how long do you all estimate it would take to 100%?

Edited by Umdytr

Bummer, played the other day up until just after the first boss and was really enjoying it. Will have to put a pause on continuing until these issues are fixed.

I did actually end up having one issue where my first save got soft locked during the ritual quest at the start of the game. I didn't have enough bones to complete a ritual and I couldn't leave camp to get more because the quest locked me in. Didn't happen again though on my 2nd go round.

According to a moderator in the official discord, devs have a current working build with fixed snail shells which will get shipped to live "in the next few days". Although I'm sure console will take a bit longer due to the patch verification proccess by Sony.

Edited by OzaXD
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, OzaXD said:

По словам модератора в официальном разногласии, у разработчиков есть текущая рабочая сборка с фиксированными раковинами улиток, которые будут отправлены «через несколько дней». Хотя я уверен, что консоль займет немного больше времени из-за процесса проверки патча Sony.

great news!

On 8/14/2022 at 4:51 AM, Akrioz said:

Waiting for a patch is not an option? What's the point in fighting against bugs.

Waiting for a patch seems to be the only option, which is what i suggest to other players.

I said that Ill keep trying because I dont feel like im "fighting" against it. Im thoroughly enjoying Cult of the Lamb, even with all the issues Ive had with it (which if far more than just the snails)

On 8/14/2022 at 4:47 AM, Umdytr said:

Too bad there's completion-breaking problems, I was considering this one but I guess I'll have to wait until fixes are issued.

If the game wasn't bugged, how long do you all estimate it would take to 100%?

Without bugs, this platinum would take someone around 20hrs or so.. If you know all reqs for the trophies and roadmap it, 12-15hrs.. Maybe faster? 

My first playthrough was 15 hrs, but I went real slow, read through everything. Etc etc..

My 2nd run, i finished the 3rd boss right at the 5 hr mark.. leaving only 1 full dungeon (4 runs a dungeon) and the last boss, with cleanup. 

Edit:

@Umdytr So I just finished another full run, did everything except the final Snail Form, and still needed to upgrade my cult 1 more time ( With divine inspiration), which wont take long. This took me 9hrs 40m. So I wouldn't be surprised to see record times between 8-10hrs

Edited by OFFICER_OILDAB
Added to
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, OFFICER_OILDAB said:

Ожидание патча кажется единственным вариантом, который я предлагаю другим игрокам.

Я сказал, что буду продолжать попытки, потому что мне не хочется "бороться" с этим. Я полностью наслаждаюсь Cult of the Lamb, даже со всеми проблемами, которые у меня были с ним (что, если это гораздо больше, чем просто улитки)

Если бы не баги, эта платина заняла бы у кого-то около 20 часов или около того.. Если вы знаете все требования к трофеям и планируете это, 12-15 часов.. Может быть, быстрее? 

Мое первое прохождение длилось 15 часов, но я шел очень медленно, прочитал все. И т.д..

Мой 2-й проход, я закончил 3-го босса прямо на отметке 5 часов ... оставив только 1 полное подземелье (4 прохождения подземелья) и последнего босса с очисткой. 

btw i was very dissapointed what a last boss dont have own dungeon

2 hours ago, JhOnNY_HD said:

So the point of no return for snails is the last boss right?

Its safe to do other stuff until the patch or make a backup before the last boss no?

Right now, for me, snails spawn only at 2 location before 1 and 3 miniboss.

So, i have the following trophy bugs:

1) Full Flock - Snails despawned and never dropped anything.

2) Full Deck - The last tarot card from the spider who sells you followers won't drop, no matter what. I tried buying a LOT of followers and buying NO followers for a long time. I don't get a cutscene or whatever others mentioned.

3) Weigher of Souls - I sacrificed 20+ followers with the ritual easily, but the trophy won't pop. The One Who Waits mentioned in a cutscene that I had sacrificed 8, but 10+ rituals later still no trophy.

Non-trophy bugs:

1) Softlock during rituals. Only hard game restarts fix that. You can quit to main menu when that happens, but it will happen again in the next ritual.

2) Softlocks when opening chests.

3) Softlock / Out of bounds in room transitions or after rituals

4) Followers in jail spawned somewhere else in the cult camp instead of in jail. When you interact with them in the jail (game still thinks they are in there), you guessed it, softlock.

5) 10 secs lag/pause whenever a new days begins.

6) Performance issues and FPS drops every now and then.

I really wanted to love this game and I still really like the gameplay loop and the visual design, but the countless bugs and issues really destroyed my experience.

Edited by proud2bNs

So far I have played about 20 hours and two trophies glitched on my first save file. I am on PS4. I unlocked quite a few trophies but the trophy list doesn’t seem to be in the database for PS4.

- The trophy for having 20 people in the cult.
- The trophy for killing the 2nd Boss. (I am not sure but I killed it and then his projectiles hit my character. I got the heart but not the trophy.)

The more I read online, the more bugs are discovered. I think, I will stop playing for a while and wait for the patches.

The game has an interesting concept but I think the release on all plattforms at once was too much for the devs.

Patience. I wish us all a lot of it.

Ya got a glitch where if you kill a healer cult mage. Just as he heal someone. It get stuck prematurely healing them. Makeing it unkillable.

A tryed to move a few buildings then poof there gone. 

But should have guess as much. What game isn't fill with glitchs at launch. Shoot they couldn't get the ps4 trophie list up yet. ?

1 hour ago, MidnightDragon said:

Hopefully they'll get the PS4 list up tomorrow. 

Seems the only other trophy nobody has earned besides the plat is Full Flock

Yeah, the only truly unobtainable one at the moment is Full Flock. Even if you have snails in your game, they do not drop any shells. 

Snails stopped spawning for me after I beat the 2nd boss. The game in general has been very buggy for a small indie release. 

8 hours ago, proud2bNs said:

1) Full Flock - Snails despawned and never dropped anything.

2) Full Deck - The last tarot card from the spider who sells you followers won't drop, no matter what. I tried buying a LOT of followers and buying NO followers for a long time. I don't get a cutscene or whatever others mentioned.

3) Weigher of Souls - I sacrificed 20+ followers with the ritual easily, but the trophy won't pop. The One Who Waits mentioned in a cutscene that I had sacrificed 8, but 10+ rituals later still no trophy.

Non-trophy bugs:

1) Softlock during rituals. Only hard game restarts fix that. You can quit to main menu when that happens, but it will happen again in the next ritual.

2) Softlocks when opening chests.

3) Softlock / Out of bounds in room transitions or after rituals

4) Followers in jail spawned somewhere else in the cult camp instead of in jail. When you interact with them in the jail (game still thinks they are in there), you guessed it, softlock.

5) 10 secs lag/pause whenever a new days begins.

6) Performance issues and FPS drops every now and then.

I really wanted to love this game and I still really like the gameplay loop and the visual design, but the countless bugs and issues really destroyed my experience.

I have the same bugs.  The snails obviously that most people are suffering from.  Full deck because the spider refuses to give the last tarot card (I have even tried running a dungeon till he spawns in it 10 times).  Weigher of Souls even though the game told me after killing the 4th boss I have sacrificed 11 followers (but the actual number should have been closer to 30).  Disappointing.  Hope we get more than the snail trophy addressed in the patch.

I've had similar non-trophy bugs I'd also like to add I once had the screen go completely black during a Crusade but the game was still playing.  Even obviously transitioned rooms.  Sat and died and that did not fix it so essentially it was a soft lock.  I've also had spider enemies jump in a follower room and never come back so I was forced to teleport out of the dungeon.

5 hours ago, scoreaddict said:

So far I have played about 20 hours and two trophies glitched on my first save file. I am on PS4. I unlocked quite a few trophies but the trophy list doesn’t seem to be in the database for PS4.

- The trophy for having 20 people in the cult.
- The trophy for killing the 2nd Boss. (I am not sure but I killed it and then his projectiles hit my character. I got the heart but not the trophy.)

The more I read online, the more bugs are discovered. I think, I will stop playing for a while and wait for the patches.

The game has an interesting concept but I think the release on all plattforms at once was too much for the devs.

Patience. I wish us all a lot of it.

Have you tried killing the 2nd boss again?

9 hours ago, proud2bNs said:

46 minutes ago, AIMonster2 said:

I have the same bugs.  The snails obviously that most people are suffering from.  Full deck because the spider refuses to give the last tarot card (I have even tried running a dungeon till he spawns in it 10 times). 

I don't know if it's bugged since you say you've purchased a number of times, but from a fresh save I was able to get Fervour's Host, Helob's tarot card, after encountering him during crusades. I bought 3 followers from him only during crusades, then found him a 4th time during a crusade and he gave me the card. Just a note, it could have been 4 followers, but I recorded myself buying 3 followers as well as receiving the card.

6 minutes ago, Septomor said:

I don't know if it's bugged since you say you've purchased a number of times, but from a fresh save I was able to get Fervour's Host, Helob's tarot card, after encountering him during crusades. I bought 3 followers from him only during crusades, then found him a 4th time during a crusade and he gave me the card. Just a note, it could have been 4 followers, but I recorded myself buying 3 followers as well as receiving the card.

I've done over 10 followers recruited from him during crusades as well as recruiting from him in the crusade hub today alone.  Did about 4 an hour just now just shooting for the cottages with followers.  Tried in the different regions as well.  I think I am done trying for now unfortunately.

Weigher of Souls did eventually unlock for me. 

3 hours ago, AIMonster2 said:

I've done over 10 followers recruited from him during crusades as well as recruiting from him in the crusade hub today alone.  Did about 4 an hour just now just shooting for the cottages with followers.  Tried in the different regions as well.  I think I am done trying for now unfortunately.

Weigher of Souls did eventually unlock for me. 

Sorry to hear, on the bright side the devs have released a patch for the PC version and the snails are fixed at least. So hopefully the PS one will be able to come out soon

13 hours ago, proud2bNs said:

I have bug for this on my first playthrough. If you chose Belief in Afterlife Trait in tier 1 of Afterlife Doctrines then all sacrifices doesent count for trophy.

59 minutes ago, Leewor said:

I have bug for this on my first playthrough. If you chose Belief in Afterlife Trait in tier 1 of Afterlife Doctrines then all sacrifices doesent count for trophy.

Yeah, i chose that. I never used the ascension ritual (won't count) and kept using the tentacles ritual that also popped the trophy "sacrifice your first follower" after i had chosen the doctrine. But this may have glitched tracking of the trophy.