Why aren't there any more PS3 store sales?

maxfighter23___

what is the reason that the ps store from ps3 not doing sales anymore its just weird but they stil doing sales on ps4 and ps4 exist already 8 ore 9 years i think but i stil have a old ps3 i want to use it back for to play games i watchted ps store on ps3 and there are some interesting games there but sadly that they are closing the online servers from the games but the ps store from ps3 is at full price just why?

okay its sad though because they are good consoles also its not because that there is a ps5 that they trow away the older consoles that is how i see it because i have been playing on ps3 for a while ago but stil regret to not playing on it i like old consoles its just a shame though because those games that are on ps3 are great aswell i dont know about vita since i dont have one 

I went overboard with purchases from multiple region store fronts when they first announced they we're shutting down the store. In the end it turns out I jumped the gun, but no regrets. As much as I'd like sales for the PS3 and Vita, those are two systems I love so I don't mind paying full price.

• Like 2

A few reasons I imagine, the main one being that the amount of people using the PS3 store in 2022 is probably miniscule, so it isn't in Sony's interest to keep it up to date or to host new sales on it because financially there isn't anything in it for them. After all, they tried to kill the PS3 store entirely, so we're lucky we have a PS3 store at all. Besides, you can pick up physical PS3 games for next to nothing these days so that's a viable option.

While it would be nice if old platforms, store fronts and servers could exist in perpetuity, it isn't realistic for a multitude of reasons. 

• Like 1

i would much rather pay full price to keep the store alive. i spent close to 300$ saving game titles when the shutdown almost happened. have about 3 more platinum  games to buy . then it's picking out indie titles that have no plat or making europe account to get games from that.

Edited by Lordguwa
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, crowizard said:

It doesnt bother me much since I buy ps3 games from online local sites in Croatia. The only thing that bothers is that I complete every game to 100% and not all games have special or GOTY editions so i have to buy DLC for full price. That was the thing with Metal Gear Rising a month ago. They had pretty expensive DLC for that short stories and I could not find disc with all additional content in my country.

I don’t like the PS3 Store at all. Sony is never going to fix it at this point. Horrendously slow interface. Store chugs along and often times out. That’s not to mention they quit accepting credit and debit cards, so you have to pay with PSN credit from PSN gift cards. 

Probably better for me to play some of these old PSN games on Steam.

• Like 3