Trophy Thoughts

3 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

I believe it was confirmed in a question/answer by the manufacturer on Amazon that it does have the free upgrade to PS5.

There is an autoplay option that basically plays through the games for you, you can jump in and take controll at any time.  No confirmation one way or the other yet, but it likely will let you earn trophies that way.  Just jump in at the last boss. You'd think each trophy would say it would if it doesn't allow it.

Also the menus for each game have some customisation options, like extra lives or starting stage select.  

It might not be all that hard to finish the harder games as it was back in the day.

Seriously? Man that would be peak trophy hunting if we start to just get games that play themselves. Those Jump games are getting really hard with all that button holding.

1 hour ago, emailking said:

yeah I'm pretty sure this is going to be 1/10.

Maybe when we get the game it will say with the TAS option that is disables trophies, but I kind of doubt it.

You can probably set it and forget it 13 times and have your plat.

I wonder if you'll at least have to jump in on the last boss of a given game though.  Someone on another forum got the game early and I asked them if they tried it but they wanted to do it all legit.  But so far nothing has said it disables trophies.  Hopefully someone can confirm or deny it.

• Like 1

A simple list, but I've beaten two of the games and not received trophies. The SNES and NES versions of Tournament Fighter. Trophy for the SNES version says to beat Karai in story mode, but she didn't show up. Not sure if her appearance in story mode is difficulty dependent. Going to go beat the tournament mode to see if the trophy pops there. The NES one also wants you to do the story, and I beat it on easy. I have a feeling that you need to do it on hard because easy and normal tell you to beat it on normal and hard respectively.

Edit: Got the one for the SNES Tournament Fighter. If you just leave it on the difficulty it starts with, she'll show up.
When I did the NES version, I used the "watch" feature to get to the final boss, then took control and beat him. I'm thinking that I may have proved that you can't use that feature to get the trophies. So I guess I'm replaying the NES version on normal to try for that trophy. I think out of all the games in this collection, that's the one I dislike the most.

Edited by G1_Burgertime

31 minutes ago, G1_Burgertime said:

You can absolutely use save states and rewind. I've beaten 3 games so far and received the trophies.
The one thing I'm unsure on, is if you can use the "watch" option to skip the video all the way to the end of the game, start playing, and get the trophy that way. At least with the NES Tournament Fighter, it didn't work. Unsure if it's because using it disables the trophies, or that you're required to beat the game on hard mode. The "watch" feature is on normal.
I may get all the way to the end of one of the other games, save, quit, watch, then beat it to confirm whether or not it works.

Edit: Just confirmed that using the "watch" feature to get to the end of the game, and pick up playing does not work to get the trophies. 

Thank you for taking the time to check that out for us. I am sure others feel the same as me when I say thank you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MidnightDragon said:

The damn dam level of TMNT NES still gives me nightmares.

The shock sound the seaweed makes when you touch it has been ingrained in mind since a kid. It’s something you don’t forget when many game overs were had there. Soon it will be time to be conquer the childhood nightmare.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, NMErickson said:

The shock sound the seaweed makes when you touch it has been ingrained in mind since a kid. It’s something you don’t forget when many game overs were had there. Soon it will be time to be conquer the childhood nightmare.

At least there are save states.  

1 hour ago, G1_Burgertime said:

You can absolutely use save states and rewind. I've beaten 3 games so far and received the trophies.
The one thing I'm unsure on, is if you can use the "watch" option to skip the video all the way to the end of the game, start playing, and get the trophy that way. At least with the NES Tournament Fighter, it didn't work. Unsure if it's because using it disables the trophies, or that you're required to beat the game on hard mode. The "watch" feature is on normal.
I may get all the way to the end of one of the other games, save, quit, watch, then beat it to confirm whether or not it works.

Edit: Just confirmed that using the "watch" feature to get to the end of the game, and pick up playing does not work to get the trophies. 

Is there multiple save states for each game?  That's something I'm curious about.  Might have to use the cloud to keep a back up at the start of that seaweed section of TMNT1 in case the timer runs out or you die.

14 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

At least there are save states.  

Is there multiple save states for each game?  That's something I'm curious about.  Might have to use the cloud to keep a back up at the start of that seaweed section of TMNT1 in case the timer runs out or you die.

There's only one save state per game. 

Unlike the Capcom Fighting Collection, which has one save for the entire collection. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

Kinda funny a self-described “pixel artist” doesn’t see the merits in designing good art. But maybe you should apply at this company, they clearly need the help.

The extra irony is I’m posting about my design pet peeves on a website devoted to a pavlovian-like collecting of digital artifacts and those collectors fail to see any connection. 

Oh, believe me I’m very clear how opinions work and how the internet works but thank you I would be truly lost without your deep insights.

lol, you didnt answer my previous question. do you genuinely sit on your playstation and look at trophy icons? its "kinda funny" comparing trophy tile art (that has no bearing on the game) to art in game while youre playing or art you can actually purchase.

26 minutes ago, G1_Burgertime said:

There's only one save state per game. 

Unlike the Capcom Fighting Collection, which has one save for the entire collection. 

Can you use the watch feature to get to the last boss, use a save state and then load it from there to get the trophy?

9 minutes ago, grifteskymfning said:

Can you use the watch feature to get to the last boss, use a save state and then load it from there to get the trophy?

You're adding an extra step in there. You can't use the watch feature, get to the last boss, then start playing from that point to get the trophy. I have no idea if making a save state will bypass that. 

52 minutes ago, G1_Burgertime said:

You're adding an extra step in there. You can't use the watch feature, get to the last boss, then start playing from that point to get the trophy. I have no idea if making a save state will bypass that. 

If attempted I would reboot the game between making the save state and trying it.  Doubt it will work, but it could be worth a shot. 

There are some really good guides and youtube videos that could help with making it through it.  If one can make it past the seaweed bombs in Act 2? the rest isn't too terrible from what I remember.  There were a few tricky parts towards the end, but Shredder is a joke if you have the right subweapon and/or Donny available.

19 hours ago, HoorayForTyler said:

I think the trophy images look awesome tbh, but why would they have trophy icons for 3 of the brothers but not Michelangelo? Makes no sense lol. 

Is not that they didn't make one trophy for each brother except Michelangelo, each trophy icon is the original cover art of each game, in the case of Tournament Fighters each version of the game had the face of one of the brothers (Donatello for SNES, Raphael for Sega Genesis and Leonardo for NES, check the spoiler), so your complaint shouldnt be why there isn't a trophy icon of Michelangelo, just there isn't a version of Tournament Fighters with a Michelangelo face on it...

Spoiler

48245_front.jpg

39446--teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-tour

180221-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-tour

Edited by DeepEyes7
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, DeepEyes7 said:

Is not that they didn't make one trophy for each brother except Michelangelo, each trophy icon is the original cover art of each game, in the case of Tournament Fighters each version of the game had the face of one of the brothers (Donatello for SNES, Raphael for Sega Genesis and Leonardo for NES, check the spoiler), so your complaint shouldnt be why there isn't a trophy icon of Michelangelo, just there isn't a version of Tournament Fighters with a Michelangelo face on it...

Reveal hidden contents

48245_front.jpg

39446--teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-tour

180221-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-tour

Wasn’t meant to be a complaint, merely an observation. I skipped over a previous comment that already mentioned why. ?

• Like 1