Need For Speed Unbound - December 2, 2022

Slava

Obviously gameplay is everything, but I really like the art style and the customization teaser. I'll always prefer the NFS Underground feel over the Hot Pursuit type feel. Definitely has my interest, the concern is what EA has planned in terms of MTX.

Also glad games are starting to fade out last gen, it's time to move on and allow devs to fully utilize PS5 hardware.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ResiGamer_28 said:

Good its about time games moved forward not held back for those who won't buy ps5s. 

Just see the example of games that had crossgen. On PS2, Carbon and Pro Street were well-crafted games in graphics and content, and Undercover was a "Most Wanted" from Paraguay. And Rivals on PS3/X360 were almost unplayable.

And there are still people who say they "don't see any difference". The same doesn't understand the basics of the difference between graphics engine and art direction.

Don't have a PS5 yet but it's not clear at all yet whether this will be a good game or not, very much up in the air. For me I have enjoyed all the recent PS4 need for speeds except payback which I haven't played as it looks awful and depressing to me for some reason. None of them have been like absolutely amazing or revolutionary or anything but they're all really enjoyable for the most part. Think this one mostly depends on how the monetisation and progression system turn out which are the most important parts for me. So far the art style doesn't look a turn off at least.

On 06/10/2022 at 5:53 PM, Viper said:

I don't mind if this art style is part of cutscenes...but I really hope that's not the case with the general gameplay.

It is the case.

According to the game's page on the PS5 Store those effects are part of the visual customization, similarly to the neon underglow lights in previous games.

The deluxe edition seems to include some exclusive effects, you'll probably unlock others through progression, and I'm willing to bet loads of them will be made available to purchase via mtx.

“Need For Speed: Into The Speed-Verse” art direction, huh?

Also no PS4 + Xbone1 versions too?

thats_pretty_good.jpg

Not kidding, I’m cautiously excited. STILL… There’s no way I can picture myself getting this day one though (which I haven’t done for any AAA since EA/DICE’s Star Wars Battlefront II), maybe once I get through a good chunk more of my crippling backlog I’ll buy. In my opinion Need For Speed: Heat ain’t perfect but was far from being yet another dud arcade/open-world racer, hopefully that’s the case here too (if not better than the 2019 NFS franchise entry was).

Edited by Dry
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

Yeah, this does nothing for me. Looks like a mobile game.

They were on the right path when they made the 2015 Reboot look a little bit more grounded.

This one... this is for the Fortnite kids. I'm out.

I think only these effects look a bit weird. But the rest looks really promising. The tuning part of the game looks pretty good! I will definitely give it a try.

So not a fan of the art style and effects, thankfully you can turn the latter off (I bet there are a couple of trophies for it first).  Way too cartoony, it makes Rocket League feel real in comparison, lol.

I am sure I will pick up for cheap well down the road.  I usually do that just before it is inevitably given out on Plus.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vulpine9Tails said:

I'm not sure about the correlation being made between liking Fortnite and liking the look of a racing game but ok. 

It's a shame you didn't tag me so that I could clarify it to you ?

What I meant is that the trailer makes the game look very juvenile. Personally, I prefer when NFS looks just a little bit more grounded.

It's not just the flashy visuals and loud music. I like when racing games have a hint of a story that allows me to roleplay as the driver/street racer, but the visual style they chose for the characters really puts me off.

I also believe that Fortnite - being the massive hit that it is - kinda entitled developers to adopt the kind of simplistic character design we see in these trailers.

I'm sure they love it, since it probably saves them a lot of time and money when they don't have to design and animate characters in a realistic way.

I prefer my games to look more photorealistic and less free-to-play though.

But hey, if you fancy how it looks, I'm happy for you. Refreshing seeing someone defending an EA game for a change.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vulpine9Tails said:

Haha the irony. Good day to you.

Hey, I didn't start anything, I just expressed my opinion on a videogame trailer. You're the one who commented on my opinion in a sarcastic and passive-agressive manner, without even tagging me. Kinda petty imo.

Feel free to disagree with my opinions. I would just prefer if you do it in an open and clear manner.

Edited by LastMinuteSavior