Super Mario Bros Movie by Illumintal Films and Nintendo trailer drops Thursday as Nintendo Direct

Alantor32

22 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

My hope is that it explores the wrongheadedness of Italian stereotypes, as well as reminds people that many turtles are endangered in the world.

You ever think that turtles being endangered may be their own fault? If they wanted to protect themselves they should have learned martial arts.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio
  • Like 2

Just now, Sendai-Horatio said:

You ever think that turtles being endangered may be their own fault? If they wanted to protect themselves maybe they should learn martial arts.

They tried! With hammers, no less! When will humanity stop being so cruel?

But seriously, I'm looking forward to this to watch with my children. 

Somehow didn't know there was a thread on this. I posted this elsewhere but just gonna repost this here:

My husband's theory: It'll be an isekai - the first 15-30 minutes of the movie will be real world, live action. Chris Pratt will end up in the sewers somehow, and/or find a giant green pipe and get isekai'd to the Mario world, turning into Mario in the process. Bonus after credits scene where his brother Luigi, in the real world, is searching for him, and happens to also find a green pipe and... fin.

My theory: Despite the large cast of voice actors, there'll be very little voice acting and it'll just be a largely mime movie, with characters mostly comedically gesturing to communicate instead of actually talking. Chris Pratt's lines will only be "whoa!", "letsa go!" and "oh, mamma mia!" and the whole movie will essentially just be one big troll flick, making people think it's something different, but it's actually just bonafide plain ol' Mario.

We'll see which one of us is right (or if we're both tragically wrong) in less than 24 hours.

I think the trailer is fantastic. I was not interested in this at all before watching it, and it sparked some curiosity.

Jack Black sounds great as Bowser and Mario is going to be ok too. It feels like Detective Pikachu and Ryan Reynolds, sounded weird at first but you got used to it.

• 1 month later...
On 10/6/2022 at 7:55 PM, enaysoft said:

Is this the part where the entire Internet complains and mounts a campaign, so we can get a decent voice actor that suits Mario?

It may sound odd and unsuitable. I totally get where people are coming from in terms of sounding like the games. I’m not sure how Chris Pratt got chosen for this, but from hearing him in the trailer, it sounds a lot like the Mario in the DIC cartoon.

That first trailer was fucking epic, shame the only thing really holding it back from reaching greater heights of quality was Chris Pratt’s two or so lines. I’d love to be proven wrong come time for the final product but right now like a lot of people I’m convinced Mario deserved a better lead role. Y’all should check out the French dubbed version of the trailer, Mario’s voice on there was far better executed.

By the way, this isn’t the only impending video game film adaptation with Jack Black in it. Apparently he’s also expected to be the voice of Claptrap in the Borderlands movie directed by Eli Roth. I’m sure we’ll find out more details on that cinematic project sooner or later but with what’s known about it now I can’t say it’s going to end up any good.

To be honest though, the only real appealing video game movies seem to be the ones focused on mascots. If the main hero ain’t an Italian Plumber or a Blue Hedgehog then I take no interest. That and Wreck-It Ralph, even though he was an entirely original character done for a 2012 Disney animated feature.

Edited by Dry

• 2 weeks later...

Second trailer for The Super Mario Bros. Movie drops in the new Nintendo Direct tomorrow at 2PM PST/5PM EST:

For those interested in leaks (artwork, posters, promo images, etc), see the Tweet hidden below (and hit the "Read the Full Conversation on Twitter" option to see a ton more of the leaked content):

Spoiler

mFLu7ZS.jpg

Edited by The Arizona Ranger
  • Like 3

I'm deeply flabbergasted by the insane amount of references and easter eggs they're going to put into ?! Seriously, I noticed like 30 references and many of them mixed from so many games from the series... Wow! 

But my biggest issue is this one ?: 

#MakeMariosButtBetter #JusticeForMario #SexyMarioPlease

• Like 1

• 2 months later...