Trophies to Fight Cancer 2022

4 hours ago, breakingthegreen said:

Hello Friends, I believe I have a game that will count for pink, starting of with an easy one Life is Strange: True Colors (67.7%) on the PS4

I acknowledge that this pink is a product of colours mixing, but if we imagine that it's lights mixing, Blue + Red = Magenta... so emotion that is being represented is... Sad + Angry = Sangry

SANGRY!

(if anyone's interested, I picked Ryan again because he's adorable)

Also, I'd like to check XIII, because I look at this man and worry he's had too many carrots

You're on the board with 1 pink. And I can accept XIII for orange. Between the guy with the pistol and the back of the bald man's head, I definitely see some orange.

3 hours ago, s68sc said:

Count me in, I hope I can donate something at end of this, I still don't know if this game works. 

L286cd2.png

This game is good for orange.

2 hours ago, the1andonly654 said:

Last year this was accepted for orange for me as far as I remember, if that's anything to go by. 

Speaking of orange, Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time done.

Hopefully I'll get another one done soon in between the Halo games. 

That Deus Ex game does pass, but not everything from last year will. Just an honest heads up. But for Ratchet and Clank, you're on the board with an orange.

2 hours ago, CptToffer said:

Hey guys.

Great cause - would love to join in, if I have time to do one or two in the deadline. 

I'm part of the Attack on Completion event this year so reluctant to start anything new so late in the year. However do we think this would count?

Le64bcd.png

If not, then that's fair but it's what I'm working on at the moment. Thoughts? 

This game is good for orange.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kramers001 said:

This should count as one when I finish, but just to be absolutely sure, is Crosscode legit? I'm currently playing it and I want to finish the game before I move on to something else.

L0bf947.png

And Oneshot should count too, when I get to it, but what do the event masters think?

Ld810bc.png

You're good. Both of these games pass for either color tbh.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Taruta13 said:

I have a lot of backlogged other account games which have pink in them but they are all EZPZs so I don't think they qualify. I don't think I'll be able to participate as I want to keep my trophy cab consistent. Can you tell me where I should donate?

This is a good question. @Beyondthegrave07 and @DizzyDavidson were donators from last year, maybe they can provide examples of where donations went last year for us. I'm sorry, I probably should have had an answer for this type of question already prepared. ?

Just now, kindajustin said:

This is a good question. @Beyondthegrave07 and @DizzyDavidson were donators from last year, maybe they can provide examples of where donations went last year for us. I'm sorry, I probably should have had an answer for this type of question already prepared. 1f605.png

1 hour ago, Taruta13 said:

I have a lot of backlogged other account games which have pink in them but they are all EZPZs so I don't think they qualify. I don't think I'll be able to participate as I want to keep my trophy cab consistent. Can you tell me where I should donate?

@Beyondthegrave19 and I both donated to our mom's relay for life team for the American Cancer Society. You can make donations to that society in general. We just wanted to keep the money local.

Speaking of which @kindajustin I'll be donating a $1 per game.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, kindajustin said:

This is a good question. @Beyondthegrave07 and @DizzyDavidson were donators from last year, maybe they can provide examples of where donations went last year for us. I'm sorry, I probably should have had an answer for this type of question already prepared. ?

1 hour ago, Taruta13 said:

I split my donation last year between American Cancer Society (I believe @Beyondthegrave07 gave a link last year in one of his posts) and St. Jude’s.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DizzyDavidson said:

I split my donation last year between American Cancer Society (I believe @Beyondthegrave07 gave a link last year in one of his posts) and St. Jude’s.

I actually think I sent it to you via PM or perhaps that was someone else, but yes. Those were the two I suggested to anyone who asked. Incredible memory though! :)

The American Cancer Society helps those who are currently fighting cancer with bills, caretaking, etc. and help with cancer research while St. Jude specifically specializes in children's cancer. Both are great organizations to donate to. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

Dang, I platinumed Outer Wilds on October 4...

Oh, well. I'm in.

I'm sorry. I moved the start date from last year's October 8th to the 5th specifically to try and avoid this a little. I knew someone would end up in your position, and I apologize for that.

• Like 1

@kindajustin Thanks for getting back to me. I'll also donate fixed amount at the end. Are we donating to one place or just wherever we feel comfortable?

Just thinking about future events. Would it be useful to have a source of information created for what does and doesn't count as orange and pink, so that next year (or even in a months time) people can just look it up? 

If you think so, I'm happy to compile the info. ?

On 10/9/2022 at 3:55 AM, HusKy said:

I can't find this in the rules or maybe I'm blind: if a game has DLCs, is 100% required or is platinum enough for the event?

Just doing the base game is good enough for the plat. Just no just DLCs if you already completed the game before the event. The 100% is just for those games w/o a plat.

Also 1st Pink for me. Adventure Pals (the hearts around the giraffe and boy), completed 10/8/2022, plat rate 34.74%

La9cfd3.png

Edited by Starrk_01

10 hours ago, CptToffer said:

@kindajustin Thanks for getting back to me. I'll also donate fixed amount at the end. Are we donating to one place or just wherever we feel comfortable?

Just thinking about future events. Would it be useful to have a source of information created for what does and doesn't count as orange and pink, so that next year (or even in a months time) people can just look it up? 

If you think so, I'm happy to compile the info. ?

It's ultimately wherever you feel comfortable. If you need examples of good places to donate, I can provide a couple.

Also I think that suggestion you mentioned would be helpful. The only problem is that every judge is different. I worry that such a list would only be helpful to me and the way that I judge.  I'm willing to keep open to it though, it's a good idea. It would definitely help me out for later in the event.

9 hours ago, El_Tigre_Eterno said:

Never Mind I Understand It After Reviewing The Old Post.

If Until Dawn, Spider-Man. Miles Morales Naruto Full Burst And Revolution Qualify For Orange I Would Like To Sign Those Up.

And For Pink  Ima Sign Up With Vice City Def Edition For Ps4

Until Dawn and Spider Man both count. The other two games can you please show me a thumbnail or link me to the games? Naruto Full Burst pulls up multiple results and there's no game called just Revolution that I could find. And Vice City Definitive Edition is good for pink.

8 hours ago, HusKy said:

I can't find this in the rules or maybe I'm blind: if a game has DLCs, is 100% required or is platinum enough for the event?

Just the platinum is enough for the event.

---

And everyone should have been added to the list of scorers accordingly. Just let me know if I've missed anything.

Edited by kindajustin

2 minutes ago, CelestialRequiem said:

I... I think this is compliant? https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6580-rabi-ribi

Partially color-blind, so all comments to mocking the potential obviousness are welcomed, lol. 

One of the girls has pink hair, I think you're good.

Edited by breakingthegreen