Member Interviews: breakingthegreen

Charizarzar

Thank you for the shout out! @breakingthegreen I actually hope others are inspired by my charity events and host other ones that are meaningful to them like @MissShake did with animals. It's always been a pipe dream that we could have charity events going on year round here and people could always be earning plats and participating in these for causes they care about. 

Also, good read! You're current GoTY was fascinating since I think almost everyone and their mother has said Elden Ring (which I have not played). The Kirby choice piqued my interest since I have a switch and haven't picked this one up yet.

Really liked your choices of anime too. Seemed like you fancy mystery thrillers or action comedies. Haha.

• Like 2

this has to be the longest thing i have read on this site by a long shot

i was hoping to buy a copy of everybody's golf to do the online but i never got round to it

BTW ever played Burnout paradise? i know it is a racer by heart but god it is fun just messing around when you are bored/

current GOTY pick for me is probably Pokemon legends acreus, i still need to go back and beat

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Also, good read! You're current GoTY was fascinating since I think almost everyone and their mother has said Elden Ring (which I have not played). The Kirby choice piqued my interest since I have a switch and haven't picked this one up yet.

Really liked your choices of anime too. Seemed like you fancy mystery thrillers or action comedies. Haha.

I would love to put Elden Ring as my GotY, my problem is that I played Demon Souls on the PS3, someone wrote jump here, I died. Then the next message said trap here, and I ignored it then died. I've decided souls-likes weren't for me from that point on.

My favourite animes are ones I'd call "mum" animes and by that I mean, ones that I'd be happy to watch in front of my mother, and these all fitted the bill, there were others that aren't "mum" animes like Beastars and Danganronpa 3 that I also love though.

1 hour ago, serrated-banner9 said:

this has to be the longest thing i have read on this site by a long shot

BTW ever played Burnout paradise? i know it is a racer by heart but god it is fun just messing around when you are bored/

current GOTY pick for me is probably Pokemon legends arceus, i still need to go back and beat

This is literally longer than any essay I've done for nursing, and I wrote some of this in a fugue state while recovering from COVID, It was literal days of writing... hope the next person gets over 7,500 words and beats my record.

I haven't my brother has the PS3 PS Plus version, but I never played it, he also bought himself a physical remaster on PS4, (I'm pretty sure he hasn't played either) I could play that one.

That game did pique my interest, but the best pokemon, Chikorita, is missing :(, JK I'll play at some point

Great read @breakingthegreen! Glad to see another ERASED fan as well. Super underrated anime that I'd honestly just recommend to anyone.

Also for going for the Kingdom Hearts plats (Birth by Sleep & Dream Drop Distance), as someone who platinumed them all I can 100% understand not wanting to do it, especially Birth by Sleep because there is a pretty big skill gap between that one & the rest of the series. 

I also heavily agree on not being able to get into The Witcher 3. I even went as far as to 100% the game & even by the end of it, I still couldn't get fully into it. The entire first arc of the story up until you find Ciri was extremely boring & never grabbed me & the gameplay felt extremely floaty making combat feel like a chore. & don't even get me started trying to do micro movements to pick something up & Geralt decides he wants to gear up for a 500 meter race.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/8/2022 at 0:17 PM, Charizarzar said:

It sounds like your stuttering is a lot worse than mine, I mostly stutter in two major circumstances, when I’m at the lower end of a power imbalance, such as when I’m talking to doctors and nurses as the student that I still am, and when I don’t know the person well. In both cases, what I’m saying is usually the information is either important and cannot be interrupted, or unpredictable, unless they are particularly rude, a new person doesn’t usually interrupt me. Usually, with new people, I don’t have much to say anyway, it’s part of the way I deal with it.

The severity of mine varies from situation to situation and day to day. A lot can depend on whether I'm having a good day or a bad day. Most of the time it either isn't a problem or a minor problem, but sometimes it's a bigger problem than I'd like.

I also have the power imbalance situation as a factor. Another one for me is talking on the phone; I'm much more likely to stutter on the phone than in person. Face-to-face is best, video chatting is better than an audio call, and audio-only situations like phone calls and voice chat are the most problematic for me.

• Like 1