P5R PS5 Trophy Thoughts?

DyrekRacc

19 minutes ago, dkrlekaqo said:

Is it the power of WoW DLC?

The platinum winner came out after 16:30.

That's great toughness.

It is very tedious to pass the date to make it a trophy.

yeah I used the izanagi no Okami dlc but I also didn't get up off my seat once lmao so very optimised time ?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ChiefMichigan said:

If you play on the easiest difficulty and look up a few small things, the game is about a 2/10 Platinum, mmaaybbee 3/10 at most. I plan on playing the game again one day, and it will be nice to get trophies again (but that's just a bonus, not the reason). 

And if you download the DLC Persona, one particular Myriad of Truths will make this a 1/10 Platinum. xD

Seriously, that's how I am going to platinum the game again. Yes, after what @ChiefMichigan said, I have vetoed buying the game on launch and will wait for a sale before I play this again. I've already platted the game four times, maybe five, on alt accounts. I am not going to waste my money on the PS5 version.

I'm more interested in Persona 3 Portable's release on the PS4. I think it's because you can be a female protagonist, something that was not repeated in the other games. I mean, I do have Naoto Shirogane as my Persona 4 Waifu but Persona 3 Portable really let you play out feminine fantasies. (Okay, maybe not Ken, he's freaking one year under puberty, why do this? :() Persona 3 is the only game without a trophy list and I want to see how badly Atlus will f'k it up. xD

Unfortunately, that's not happening until 2023. *sigh*

• Like 1

I'm a tad disappointed honestly that the list is the same as the PS4 version. I would have liked it to have some more challenging trophies. Now it's pretty much "Play trough the game and get the platinum" again. It's one of the best games of it's generation, but not planning to buy it again until I can get it for very cheap/free some day in the future. 

2 hours ago, veinte-justo said:

Not sure if I dare to ask but how long does it take to achieve 100% of this game?

It originally took me around 120h on PS4 to experience the game and get almost all the side stuff and platinum done.  If you rush it trough as fast as possible, I could see it taking "only" like 80 hours. Still, it's a long game, but pretty much every moment of it is great. 

Edited by FruityDream
  • Like 1

I wish they had save-transfer in this game even if they decided not to implement auto-pop. It would have been fun to re-experience the game again with all my powered up personas while re-earning all the trophies. As it stands, this is such a minor upgrade over the PS4 version that I probably won't buy it unless I see it at a DEEP discount. I love this game, and I've already put 100+ hours into it twice. Without much in the way of new features, it's going to be a while before I play it a third time, especially with Final Fantasy XVI on the horizon. 

23 hours ago, PeachyJacobs said:

I bought this one on PS4 a while ago when it was on sale and never played it. Now that there is a PS5 version I want the latest one. Is there any difference at all though or am I better off saving my money? I haven't looked at the trophy lists to compare or anything as I want to do a blind playthrough first so figured I might as well ask you guys.

I've been playing the Xbox version so I don't know if all of these are in the PS5 port, but as far as I can tell a few hours in the only differences are a better framerate, better resolution, and some adjustments to reduce the intensity of certain flashing lights (including the All-Out Attacks).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, veinte-justo said:

Not sure if I dare to ask but how long does it take to achieve 100% of this game?

it's dependent on difficulty and if you skip any cutscenes or dialogue. 

I would say on Normal and not skipping dialogue (I played on Easy) it probably takes 110-140 hours or a bit more to platinum Royal. 

On 10/20/2022 at 6:08 PM, Gommes_ said:

It's a shame that it's not a free update. Haven't started my PS4 version yet, so it would've been a nice first experience on the PS5.

It's also shame that it costs $99 here in Australia. Atlus can go and EAD at this stage.

On 20/10/2022 at 8:37 AM, veinte-justo said:

125h took me the PS4 version. The PS5 version with previous knowledge of the game, faster loads, and the INSANELY OVERPOWER personas in the DLCs, etc... probably around 100

I couldn't care less about the trophies. What I'm curious about is if Sega was sneaky and applied specific avatar rewards for achieving specific trophies/the platinum.

They've done it for the previous Persona 5 releases... both of them. Logic would dictate that could do it again with this release. Maybe finally a chance for those who missed out on the Akechi/Kasumi avatars won't be shit out of luck? 

I'd love some confirmation. Otherwise I won't be buying the game again for a while.

• Like 1

On 19/10/2022 at 10:41 AM, Sunnyburrito said:

The whole courtesy of buying one and getting the other didn't go far, only few companies do that now, then again what to expect from Atlus a  company that releases DLC for a supposedly ultimate edition, lock regular classic stuff behind paywall (Soul Hackers) I love their games but Atlus makes some very anti consumer decisions.

Soul Hackers 2 had a free ps4 to ps5 upgrade soooooooooo.

Also if you dont like their practice, dont play their games

On 19/10/2022 at 10:41 PM, ChiefMichigan said:

It's a bit of a shame they couldn't make it slightly different than the PS4 release (at least add an extra small trophy list).

From what I've read, Persona 5 Royal on PS5 is nearly identical to running the PS4 version on a PS5 (save maybe a tiny bit better performance). Royal is one of the best games I've ever played, but I would wait for a sale to double-dip. I'm not paying that kind of price for a 99% identical experience. I played Royal on the PS4 Pro and it ran well.

If you play on the easiest difficulty and look up a few small things, the game is about a 2/10 Platinum, mmaaybbee 3/10 at most. I plan on playing the game again one day, and it will be nice to get trophies again (but that's just a bonus, not the reason). 

I agree, I was thinking of playing it again for the trophies as I really enjoyed the game, but with it being a carbon copy and having only platinumed the PS4 version a year ago, I will wait until I've played games on wishlist that I've never played and releases that I plan to play, like Hogwarts legacy, Persona 3 Portable and Soul hackers 2 once they release the update in November. 

• Like 1

On 10/19/2022 at 5:41 PM, ChiefMichigan said:

I'm not paying that kind of price for a 99% identical experience.

I already own the disc version of P5R for PS4 and was planning it to be a milestone platinum on PSNP for me before they released the "definitive version". So I should just play the PS4 version? I would still play the PS4 version if they are still giving out PSN avatars for platinum-ing it. Anyone know if they are doing that for the new version?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, boorish_brute said:

나는 이미 PS4용 P5R의 디스크 버전을 소유하고 있으며 "최종 버전"을 출시하기 전에 PSNP의 이정표 플래티넘이 될 계획이었습니다. 그래서 그냥 PS4 버전을 플레이해야 합니까? 그들이 여전히 플래티넘에 PSN 아바타를 제공한다면 나는 여전히 PS4 버전을 플레이할 것입니다. 새 버전에서 그렇게 하고 있는지 아는 사람이 있습니까?

As far as I know, only the full DLC has been added.

I recommend just playing the PS4 version.
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Teh_Zombz said:

저는 현재 오리지널 P5를 플레이하고 있습니다. 이 로얄 버전은 무엇입니까? 확정판 같은 게임인가요 아니면 완전히 다른 게임인가요?

The previous PS4 version was released as a PS5 version, and the entire DLC was included.

The trophy was added separately for the PS5 version.

Nothing is linked.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, boorish_brute said:

I already own the disc version of P5R for PS4 and was planning it to be a milestone platinum on PSNP for me before they released the "definitive version". So I should just play the PS4 version? I would still play the PS4 version if they are still giving out PSN avatars for platinum-ing it. Anyone know if they are doing that for the new version?

I would play the disc of the PS4 version since you already have it anyway. The themes and avatars were given to me last year when I contacted PlayStation support. From what I've read, they don't give them automatically to your email anymore like when the game launched. Themes won't be present in the PS5 release because PS5 has no themes. As for the avatars, I would guess not. I just did a quick Google search and yielded nothing for the PS5 version. 

• Like 1