NA PSN Sale(s): Spring Fever 2014: Discounts on TowerFall, Fez, and More

KitsuneChaos

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/03/03/spring-fever-2014-discounts-on-towerfall-fez-and-more/

Spring Fever - Launch Deals

Title | PS Plus Launch Week Price | Regular Price

4th - 10th March

• Awesomenauts Assemble (PS4) | $7.99 | $9.99
  • Master Reboot (PS3) | $11.99 | $14.99

11th March - 17th March 

• TowerFall Ascension (PS4) | $11.99 | $14.99
  • Vessel (PS3) | $7.99 | $9.99

18th March - 24th March

• SteamWorld Dig (PS4)* | $7.99 | $9.99
  • Luftrausers (PS3)* | $7.99 | $9.99

25th March to 31st March 

• Fez (PS4)** | $9.99 | $12.99
  • Fez (PS3)** | $9.99 | $12.99

*Cross-Buy with PS Vita

**Cross-Buy with PS4, PS3 and PS Vita

Spring Fever - Franchise Deals

Need for Speed: 4th March - 10th March

Title | Plus Price | Sale Price | Original Price

• Need for Speed Most Wanted (PS3) | $5.00 | $9.99 | $19.99
  • Need for Speed Most Wanted (PS Vita) | $5.00 | $9.99 | $19.99
  • Need for Speed Hot Pursuit (PS3) | $5.00 | $9.99 | $19.99
  • Need for Speed Carbon (PSP/PS Vita) | $5.00 | $9.99 | $19.99
  • Need for Speed The Run (PS3) | $5.00 | $9.99 | $29.99

Call of Duty: 11th March - 17th March

• Call of Duty: Black Ops II With Revolution Map Pack (PS3) | $35.99 | $39.99 | $59.99
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops II and Season Pass Bundle (PS3) | $53.99 | $59.99 | $99.99
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops II – Season Pass (PS3) | N/A | $24.99 | $49.99
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops II – Revolution (PS3) | N/A | $7.49 | $14.99
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops II Uprising (PS3) | N/A | $7.49 | $14.99
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops II Vengeance (PS3) | N/A | $7.49 | $14.99
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops II Apocalypse (PS3) | N/A | $7.49 | $14.99
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops & Black Ops II Game Bundle (PS3) | $62.99 | $69.99 | $109.99
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops with First Strike (PS3) | $31.49 | $34.99 | $49.99
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops Ultimate Edition (PS3) | $67.49 | $74.99 | $94.49
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 With DLC Collection 1 (PS3) | $26.99 | $29.99 | $39.99
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Ultimate Edition (PS3) | $62.99 | $69.99 | $99.99
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 with Stimulus Package (PS3) | $17.99 | $19.99 | $29.99
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare with Variety Map Pack (PS3) | $17.99 | $19.99 | $29.99
  • Call of Duty 4: MW 1-3 Bundle (PS3) | $58.49 | $64.99 | $89.99

Grand Theft Auto: 18th March - 24th March

• GTA IV (PS3) | $4.79 | $5.99 | $19.99
  • GTA San Andreas (PS3) | $3.59 | $4.49 | $14.99
  • GTA V (PS3) N/A | $39.99 | $59.99
  • Grand Theft Auto 3 (PS3) | $2.39 | $2.99 | $9.99
  • Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (PS3) | $2.39 | $2.99 | $9.99
  • Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS3) | $2.39 | $2.99 | $9.99
  • Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (PS3) | $2.39 | $2.99 | $9.99
  • Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (PSP) | $4.79 | $5.99 | $19.99
  • Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City (PS3) | $4.79 | $5.99 | $19.99
  • Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (PSP) | $4.79 | $5.99 | $19.99
  • Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (PSP) | $4.79 | $5.99 | $19.99

BioShock: 25th March - 31st March

• BioShock (PS3) | $5.00 | $9.99 | $19.99
  • BioShock 2 (PS3) | $5.00 | $9.99 | $19.99
  • BioShock Infinite – Burial at Sea – Episode 1 (PS3) | $7.34 | $10.49 | $14.99
  • BioShock Infinite – Columbia’s Finest Pack (PS3) | $2.44 | $3.49 | $4.99
  • BioShock Infinite – Clash in the Clouds (PS3) | $2.44 | $3.49 | $4.99
  • Like 1

Bioshock and Bioshock 2 for $5...tempting...

It's absolutely excellent, unless you nabbed Bioshock 2 from PS+ and have a retail copy of Bioshock Infinite, which you'd then also get the first Bioshock.

Pro Tip: If you can borrow the Ultimate Rapture Edition (1+2+DLC), you can install all the DLC to your console and it'd work with these digital versions of the game; no disc required. xP

How they can still charge that much for Call of Duty:Black Ops and its respective DLC is a fucking outrage. 

Someone is always bound to buy it sooner or later. 

Hell, the season pass sells millions of times over at a $50 price point.

Can't say I agree with any of it, but that's just what happens. 

Someone is always bound to buy it sooner or later. 

Hell, the season pass sells millions of times over at a $50 price point.

Can't say I agree with any of it, but that's just what happens. 

I understand that, but Black Ops was released in 2010; we're coming close to it being four-years-old. Bioshock Infinite - which is arguably one of the best games ever made - was available for free on PSN+ a mere year after its initial release. As you said yourself, Activison charge obscene amounts for season passes because they know people will buy it regardless.

However, you'd think Activision would stop milking that tit. After all, they've made more than enough money from Black Ops over the past four years - surely they could match the price cuts of other games and finally give people value for money after all these years. 

It's absolutely excellent, unless you nabbed Bioshock 2 from PS+ and have a retail copy of Bioshock Infinite, which you'd then also get the first Bioshock.

Pro Tip: If you can borrow the Ultimate Rapture Edition (1+2+DLC), you can install all the DLC to your console and it'd work with these digital versions of the game; no disc required. xP

Thanks for this info, I had been wondering this because I have 1+2 digitally and I know someone with the Ultimate Rapture Edition but wasnt sure if the dlc would work

To be honest: The only thing that peaks my interests is Bioshock 1. Outside of that, I'm good on everything else. Already got NFS: HP, NFS: Most Wanted, Black Ops 2 w/Season Pass, Bioshock 2 (thanks to PS+), Bioshock Infinite (thanks to PS+), and got the DLC's for MW2 & 3.

I understand that, but Black Ops was released in 2010; we're coming close to it being four-years-old. Bioshock Infinite - which is arguably one of the best games ever made - was available for free on PSN+ a mere year after its initial release. As you said yourself, Activison charge obscene amounts for season passes because they know people will buy it regardless.

However, you'd think Activision would stop milking that tit. After all, they've made more than enough money from Black Ops over the past four years - surely they could match the price cuts of other games and finally give people value for money after all these years. 

Actually I was about to ask whether I should pick up the BLOPS2 season pass since its very unlikely its gonna drop that low in price anytime soon. Is it worth picking up?

That is one way to look at it, another is to look at the gameplay hours per dollar. Most people I know that played BioShock Infinite played it two times at the most, probably not taking more than 30-40 hours total but if you look at something like Black Ops where the online multiplayer is a huge draw it isn't uncommon for people to spend hundreds of hours playing the game. 

So while you may think that BioShock is the better game (not something I'd disagree with, by the way) it could easily be argued that Black Ops and the Season Pass are better value for your money, if you're into multiplayer that is.  

Parker

Just hopped on my PS4 to download Dead Nation, and watched the PLAY trailers.  Master Reboot sounds cool, but I couldn't really get a feel for the gameplay in the trailer.  Also does anyone know if you can switch between third/first person? Towerfall and Steamworld though look like definite buys to me, especially Steamworld.

Hmm, those franchises has been continuously on sale last months, at least for me Spring fever and Ps+ march is really weak (unless next weeks sales say something different, maybe a Flash sale), Tomb Raider is the game of the month in IGC and it was on sale the whole last year.  It seems that i'll have some time to finish many games that i have pending :)