The Game Awards 2022 | Winners and Recap

Ghost

What is your Game of the Year for 2022?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. What is your Game of the Year for 2022?

• A Plague Tale: Requiem
    • Elden Ring
    • God of War: Ragnarök
    • Horizon Forbidden West
    • Stray
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Selfishly, I hope Genshin Impact (or is it Jenshin Impact?) wins all the categories it was nominated for simply due to the fact that miHoYo usually reward us with free primogems if it does, so at least I get something out of it. ? I'm not bothered what ends up winning in the other categories. I will tune into the show though because it's usually good for a laugh with friends. But as for what my game of the year is based on the options given, that would have to be Elden Ring. I didn't care to play any of the others nominated lol.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Redgrave said:

Other than that the speech by Teal'c from StarGate along with the Kevin Conroy bit from The Suicide Squad trailer were nice to see. Probably the best part outside of the reveal was the guy in the GOTY song going hard on the instrument he was playing 1f602.png

That guy was pure energy on stage, absolutely love him.

Glad to see Elden Ring won. I'd have been happy for GoW:R as well, but ER is my personal favourite.

• Like 3

I'd just like to give a huge shoutout to Horizon Forbidden West! Which everyone seemed to forget about.

Until the DLC trailer got announced.

Those which is better

"Elden Ring VS Horizon Forbidden West"

forum posts seem like a long time ago.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MarcusPunisher said:

This guy is a true legend 1f602.png

I was looking away from the screen and thought that was Josef Fares talking. I was like WTF? & Then the applause from the crowd ?

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

I'm only disappointed that Neon White didn't take any awards. Behind Xenoblade Chronicles 3, it was the best game of 2022 for me.

Maybe it would have had a shot if it wasn't an exclusive to PC and Nintendo for half the year and got the same commercial attention as stray... Oh well.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

Just now, Dangisuckatgamin said:

To me I’ve been utterly disappointed in God Of War and don’t honestly understand the high reviews for it at all. Honestly am struggling to want to finish it. 

Honestly was happy Elden Ring took the big prize home.

Well deserved for Elden Ring. 

Re God of War, I’m struggling to get into it too. It's a highly polished well written game but ultimately a game I have played many times before, nothing unique in terms of gameplay and it's not willing to take any risks / innovate gameplay. More of the same. Same applied for Horizon Forbidden West.

• Like 2