For anyone having trouble redeeming free upgrade

ArtMontef

9 minutes ago, ArtMontef said:

1. It unlocks after 12 am local time. 

2. Look manually for COMPLETE edition of the game on the store and get the PS5 version. 

3. Play. 

I suspect if you already have NA stack ver it will show you classic upgrade path. For people having GOTY or base editions-> you have to look for it manually

I just lost like solid 15-20IQ points trying to explain that to people on Twitter. God I wonder how do some of them even turn of the console. One dude kept asking me why he can't download PS5 version on his PS4. 

Yeah, they've made some progress toward curing cancers, but they've made 0 progress in curing stupid. lol.

I have both base and GOTY/Complete copies. So ill just upgrade whichever. How big is the size on ps5 i wonder...

2 minutes ago, Mardolina said:

Question is - I didnt purchase the GOTYE version only the Expansion pack in 2015. I can redeem the PS5 base version though - will it be with DLC included? I dont want to get locked out of diffetent version.

Same situation. I own the PS4 Expansion Pass, but I can only download the base game for PS5. Complete Edition for PS5 asks for payment.

Other people said that they found complete edition through the PS app and it didn't show up for them on the store. 

I swear this is the same situation from Final Fantasy VII remake. Half the people cannot get their upgrades ??‍♀️

5 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

Same situation. I own the PS4 Expansion Pass, but I can only download the base game for PS5. Complete Edition for PS5 asks for payment.

Huh, so it's like a different stack? Just the base game? ? That's surprising. Maybe wait few hours until all regions are out and it gets sorted out?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

Scroll down on the page for the base game on PS5 (on the mobile app click Add-ons). If you owned the expansion pass on PS4 then you'll see both expansions below listed as Free. I had the same brief panic for a second but managed to download the DLC for free as well

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

I just claimed the base version and complete edition version for free as I own both. The base version has add ons for both DLC’s to claim if you own 

I own the PS4 version and season pass. Do I have to download the DLC for PS5 version separately or are they included in the “main” game? Can’t find any DLC for the PS5 versions in the store. 

Edit: I managed to find Blood & Wine DLC but not hearts of stone. 

Edited by Quink666

I presume the only difference between these two versions is the inclusion of DLC? 

I ask because both were free to add to my library and they are separate downloads. 

Any difference trophy wise?

cj1dK9Oh.png

SsjN0bTh.png

Edited by Anke

Just now, Anke said:

I presume the only difference between these two versions is the inclusion of DLC? 

I ask because both were free to add to my library. 

Any difference trophy wise?

cj1dK9Oh.png

I think for ps5 no

Interestingly I have the GOTY and it's just asking for payment for the original non-goty version 

24 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

I own the PS4 version and season pass. Do I have to download the DLC for PS5 version separately or are they included in the “main” game? Can’t find any DLC for the PS5 versions in the store. 

Edit: I managed to find Blood & Wine DLC but not hearts of stone. 

I had to search them manually in PS Store, cause there is no add-ons on game page. They are available for free if you bought them separately for PS4.

1 hour ago, evs_castro said:

Did anyone managed to upgrade from the disk?

I just did for the GOTY disc.

If you put in the disc and tap down once from the game icon, you'll see 'copy' then select either '3 dots + View product' or the image on the right that says a sale from 17,99 right now.

You'll be on the product page of the basegame for PS4 and PS5.

On this page, select the 3 dots again and then 'The Witcher 3 Wild hunt - complete edition'.

This one I could claim for free.

Another way would probably be to search for the complete edition in the PS Store and go from there for the GOTY version.

It said the size would be 87.xxxGB but the download was 50.619GB. The 87GB might be for the PS4 version.

Edited by Kolm
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, ArtMontef said:

1. It unlocks after 12 am local time. 

2. Look manually for COMPLETE edition of the game on the store and get the PS5 version. 

3. Play. 

I suspect if you already have NA stack ver it will show you classic upgrade path. For people having GOTY or base editions-> you have to look for it manually

I just lost like solid 15-20IQ points trying to explain that to people on Twitter. God I wonder how do some of them even turn of the console. One dude kept asking me why he can't download PS5 version on his PS4. 

Note to self: avoid explaining anything to Twitter people, especially grammar and PC principles.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, evs_castro said:

Did anyone managed to upgrade from the disk?

And now I also did the disc upgrade for the base game disc.

If you put in the disc and tap down once from the game icon, you'll see 'copy' then select '3 dots + View product' (no image on the right this time)

You'll be on the product page of the basegame for PS4 and PS5.

Here you should be able to claim the upgrade for free.

On this same page you can go down to add-ons and claim your add-ons for free if you had bought them previously for the PS4 version.
They'll only show a button 'download' but pressing this and starting the download also triggers buying the PS5 version of the DLC.

I did get an error for one DLC the first time I tried to download it, but the second time it worked fine and started downloading.

Edited by Kolm
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Skurkitty said:

First time I've run into this "issue". I own a disc version of the PS4 game, but I bought the digital PS5 console. Am I simply unable to claim the upgrade since I can't put the PS4 disc in my PS5? 1f914.png

I think so? 
After downloading the PS5 version I got a message saying that I needed to put the disc in every time I play. 
Cyberpunk did the same, couldn’t play without the PS4 disc. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ArtMontef said:

The only good experiences I've ever had on Twitter were direct interactions with hosts of small specialty podcasts. Specifically some smaller dynasty baseball podcasts. Other than that, Twitter is the cesspit of social media.