[EVENT] PSNP Kaleidoscope Challenge! 2023 [ENDED]

3 minutes ago, Hurricane_Tanya said:

I think this event is bad for my backlog. I’ve added 7 more games to my wish list since it started

I know what you mean - The most dangerous part of joining events: your backlog and wishlist grow so fast they almost achieve sentience! ?

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

This event sounds fun and really chill. I would like to jump in!

Just one question I couldn't see answered in opening post. If I already completed in 2023 can I count them from the get go? Or do they only count from the moment I joined the challenge (Now). I hope the former because I have been eyeing this challenge but have not pulled myself together to actually just write a post and join the challenge 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MikkelEhlers said:

This event sounds fun and really chill. I would like to jump in!

Just one question I couldn't see answered in opening post. If I already completed in 2023 can I count them from the get go? Or do they only count from the moment I joined the challenge (Now). I hope the former because I have been eyeing this challenge but have not pulled myself together to actually just write a post and join the challenge 

Yup - anything finished in 2023 counts, no matter when you join!

15 minutes ago, RicosTrophyHunt said:

10of16.png

Added grey with Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour

And also white with Bird Game+  (@DrBloodmoney I wasn't sure if this passes as white or would be a grey game, can you let me know?)

Grey would work, sure, but White is fine for that one too!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MikkelEhlers said:

Tearaway Unfolded I think I got it from PS Plus, and it has been in my backlog for so long. I mean the first trophy I got in it was 5 years and 10 months ago, so it feels very good to have it completed after all that time. I can recommend the game for casual playthrough and I did have some fun trophies with weirdly specific challenges which I do like in a game. And normally I don't mind the collectables, but this games collectables was just awful. There were so many in each stage and also you have to find all the enemies and kill them, but it glitches all the time or enemies fly out of the screen and don't die without you knowing. 

Glad you got a game that has been so long on your backlog out of the way! I get what you mean with the glitches, the confetti on the slide after Chapter 5 glitched out on me but only found out when doing the clean-up so that sucked and I cannot be asked to do it again haha. Those gopher missions were a chore.

But I don't know a lot of games that ooze as much childlike fun and creativity as Tearaway so reccomend :) On to the next one for you!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JEDI_BROTHERS said:

And my list has been updated.

On 31.12.2022 at 6:17 PM, JEDI_BROTHERS said:

Alright I have a written list finally, I will make the chart soon but for now it's written

Nice, congrats! But to be completely honest, it's kind of hard to follow your list. So maybe consider using @pinkrobot_pb's tool (see below) to create your chart so we can actually see your colors, it's as easy as pie. :) 

On 14.12.2022 at 1:25 PM, DrBloodmoney said:

Also - to make it even easier for the photoshop-averse - @pinkrobot_pb  has gone above and beyond the Modern Warfare, and created the following excellent online tool!:

It's is a simple webpage where you can set an image for every game, and then save the resulting list as a new image.

1. Click on Select for the color you want to add a game image for.
  2. navigate to the url of the game image from within your profile (click the picture, until you get the "clean" image, with only the image on screen, and copy the url from your search bar
  3. Paste the url in the text field and click Set Image.
  4. Rinse and repeat.
  5. Click on Save image at the bottom of the page to save the resulting image to your computer.

48 minutes ago, Hitman_Spinksy1 said:

Second game down. I did want FF XIII as my light blue but I can't think of any other colour that Immortals Fenyx Rising works for. 

You still might be able to.  It's close but FF XIII looks like a slightly lighter shade of blue to me.                                                                                 L29e03d.pngLb807a1.png

On 12/14/2022 at 4:25 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

• A single game image should fill only one box - but if you pick one for, say, light blue, then play a lighter-light-blue one after, feel free to swap the first one over to the blue box, to work both games into the mix!

5 hours ago, diskdocx said:

First update from me. I've gone through a few games I've completed and think these should work as selections. Shame the PS5 tiles get squished. Wish Sony hadn't taken away our nice rectangles 1f61c.png

Mighty Maths will need to be black if it's anything - the grey is actually transparent, when you click the image, it's this:

L7c88ef.png

4 hours ago, Hitman_Spinksy1 said:

Second game down. I did want FF XIII as my light blue but I can't think of any other colour that Immortals Fenyx Rising works for. The game itself is such a grind and destroyed by collectibles 

Immortals could work for Tan - though TBH, I think light blue is best, and FF XIII could be better for white...

• Like 1