Do you think we'll get a remaster or remake of Bloodborne anytime soon?

Maahniac

On 18/12/2022 at 3:20 PM, ShadowReplicant said:

I'd say a remaster is just a matter of time. I wouldn't expect a full remake though, Dark Souls is probably next in line for that.

I hope for both, especially Bloodborne since it would really benefit from 60 fps. I don't think it will happen anytime soon tho

• Like 1

Hard to say... FromSoftware don't care about Bloodborne, they did the dlcs and after that they said byebye to the franchise, they didn't even bother to improve it when PS4PRO went out...

and the game still looks incredible if you're not really demanding about the framepacing and ocasional stuttering.

If I had to bet, I think Bluepoint will do a remake... on PS6. Even so, by then og bloodborne will look way better than og demons souls nowadays.

The rumour is that Bluepoint are currently working on a sequel to Bloodborne, Sony own the rights to Bloodborne and apparently approached Fromsoftware about working on the sequel as a ps5 launch title, fromsoft declined due to being busy with Elden ring and other projects so this later turned into Bluepoint making the demon souls remake 

11 minutes ago, FullMetalSarok said:

The rumour is that Bluepoint are currently working on a sequel to Bloodborne, Sony own the rights to Bloodborne and apparently approached Fromsoftware about working on the sequel as a ps5 launch title, fromsoft declined due to being busy with Elden ring and other projects so this later turned into Bluepoint making the demon souls remake 

Remake? Yes, why not, but a whole Bloodborne sequel without the Miyazaki team? Very unlikely.

Edited by Domino_Destructo

• 4 months later...

https://www.youtube.com/live/k3cjCmOQ3zQ?feature=share&t=4239

53:20 + 1:10:44

David Jaffe mentioned:

• He too has heard of Metal Gear Solid & Bloodborne in regards to the PlayStation Showcase
  • He mentions Bloodborne being in development, unsure when they'll announce it
  • He mentions he asked Bluepoint's president outright in his face if they're developing MGS, the president just laughed in his face

Update: https://twitter.com/davidscottjaffe/status/1656328103483035653?s=61&t=Lpodw2FlCtTViCZTTt75_w

Edited by Ptirle

No

do people realize how long just demons souls took for a remaster / remake

From software doesnt do remasters, they do new ip’s

On 1/10/2023 at 0:48 PM, Hitman_Spinksy1 said:

People have been after a 60fps upgrade for years. I doubt it will ever happen but I finished it last year and it still holds up really nicely. I'd much rather a Bloodborne 2 if anything was to happen

Bloodborne’s story ended though, theres no room for a sequel

On 12/23/2022 at 0:04 AM, Stardroid said:

What the fuck does this even meaaan lmao. It aint that mysterious

Fps is first person shooter and i think what this guy was going for was frames per second cuz BB aint no fps

it aint happening though boys, it hasnt even seen a pc port, its all just wishful thinking

Edited by Property_Damage

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/22/2022 at 3:56 PM, RedDevil757 said:

And how many people would know what fps it is without the internet? Fps is the new “bits” from the 90s. Most don’t know what they are but they demand more!!!!

That was more of a marketing tool. None of us cared about that stuff then. We cared about good games. 

I guess now that gaming is more mainstream, more people will fall for those marketing tactics. You should see what I've been playing lately. 

I digress. On topic: no, and we don't need one either. Do you guys really want BluePoint to fuck up another masterpiece? Before you sheep chime in with, "Demon's Souls remake was amazing", keep this in mind: the original Demon's Souls was going to shut down it's servers on several occasions. Due to the game's natural popularity, the server owners postponed it twice. What does the servers for the remake look like now? Can I jump on right now and get a pvp monk fight? On ps3, it looks like I duped monk helms, that's how many I have.  The remake is the opitome of a shiny turd.

Remakes are lazy. Be happy with what we have. Enjoy what's already out there. It's ok to enjoy NES, Atari, old arcade games emulated. Enjoy them for what they were at the time they were made. Besides, Bloodborne isn't even that old.

• Like 1

Bloodborne still looks great - and it's not like FROM's games are technical visual powerhouses ether - they stand out based on their stellar design work, not their graphics - and Bloodborne looks great because of that design, not because it was bleeding edge tech.

Hell, there might be some argument if it was trapped on some dead system, but it's not. It's perfectly playable in it's current format on the latest console - remaking it would just be a waste of a studio's talents.

A sequel is what Bloodborne needs, not a remake. 

• Like 1