The first PSP game has trophy support!

stevo937

22 minutes ago, TheRetroManiac said:

Very good, I was hoping all classics would have them, or they would be patched in the future for it. Shame that it's up to the developer, it should be mandatory.

It is better this way, if it was mandatory we will have fewer games in the classic catalogue

13 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

Sony, do you care about trophies or not? 

They care insofar that it's a proven sales booster, that's why it eventually became required. They they exist is enough, they've demonstrated in the past that the system actually functioning isn't a priority.

Edit: I missed that post above, but my understanding is Daxter, Secret Agent Clank, Size Matters & The Lost Frontier aren't owned by the normal publishers and are off the usual table for porting. I've love to see them too, though.

Edited by Jelly Soup
  • Like 1

Wow! Did not expect this, especially on a game like this. I am so glad this confirms PSP games can get trophies too! It’s just so weird and random to give this trophies though, but not Key of Heaven (an RPG) or LocoRoco Midnight Carnival. 

Now I can genuinely hold out hope Ratchet Size Matters comes soon with trophies!

1 hour ago, Lucas-_-Maximus said:

Hey guys, any advice for the motorstorm table please? Can't seem to get the Hugh score, all other tables were easy compared to this one.... tia

Press the Start/Option button (not the virtual one on the touch pad) and use the rewind function. You might have to play for a few minutes but the score will go up.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jelly Soup said:

I missed that post above, but my understanding is Daxter, Secret Agent Clank, Size Matters & The Lost Frontier aren't owned by the normal publishers and are off the usual table for porting. I've love to see them too, though.

They were developed my different devs to the series’ creators but Sony still own all rights to them. There is no reason (legally) that they can’t be re-released. They have largely been overlooked because they weren’t as popular/well received as the main games in their series’. 

Nice. Will definitely get around to platting this twice on both PS4 and PS5 ports when I’m not too busy with other games + IRL stuff.

LittleBigPlanet PSP with PS4 and/or PS5 trophies would also be cool.

Edited by Dry
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, VeldinX said:

They were developed my different devs to the series’ creators but Sony still own all rights to them. There is no reason (legally) that they can’t be re-released. They have largely been overlooked because they weren’t as popular/well received as the main games in their series’. 

I'm happy to be wrong, I'd love to see them rereleased. I'd imagine they'd need a bit of retooling, through. Size Matters was ported to the PS2, but it was a straight port with no optimization, the controls were way the hell off. Daxter and Secret Agent Clank could do with a once-over. The main issue with The Lost Frontier is it has a high amount of 'this game is terrible holy shit' going on. That probably can't be ironed out with a direct port, but I'd still like to see it.