The Ultra Rare Cleanup 2023 [CLOSED]

13 minutes ago, Mitsukaipt said:

I would very much like to join in ?
Just to make sure I got this correctly - any game I have completed this year, with an UR trophy, counts, correct? Sorry, non-native here ?

Hey there, welcome :D 

Actually no, any game you have completed with an UR trophy, from the moment of joining the event will count :D I signed you up so if you complete a game with an UR trophy, post it here and I will update

Edited by Copanele
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Copanele said:

Actually no, any game you have completed with an UR trophy, from the moment of joining the event will count :D I signed you up so if you complete a game with an UR trophy, post it here and I will update

Thank you, thank you for setting me up!

*cracks knucles*

Time to get cracking then ?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, poetic_justice_ said:

Still hammering away at Tier 1. After 287 hours and 3 months, I am officially the 39th PlayStation gamer to achieve 100% completion in Empire of Sin. For anyone interested, EoS can be 100% completed in less time - much less time if you have a disc copy and never download any updates - but I knew none of this when I took the proverbial first step. Digital copies with the Precincts update force players to spend at least 200 hours to achieve the platinum (14 playthroughs X 9-16 hours per playthrough, plus another 10-20 hours of added time for a Lone Wolf playthrough). The Make It Count DLC adds a 15th playthrough and has at least one buggy trophy, Accounts Cleared. I created a thread outlining ways to avoid the bug (mostly) so other players don't have to playthrough Maxim Zelnick three times like I did. 

TIER 1

1. Battlefield 2042 (PS5) DONE

2. Empire of Sin (PS4) DONE

3. Enlisted (PS5): Despite its "pay to grind, pay to upgrade" model, Enlisted is fun. However, I don't think the in-game counters are accurate. My PlayStation shows me at 66 hours for the game, but in-game counters set me at 44 hours. One trophy requires 100 in-game hours, so this is taking awhile.  

4. Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout (PS5): I am stuck at 98% on Fall Guys. Lowballer is buggy; our team won by one point, but Lowballer did not unlock. Apparently, other PlayStation gamers are experiencing the same problem. I submitted a video with a request for support to Mediatonic, and am now waiting for a response. Mediatonic hasn't featured maps compatible with Lowballer in Squads for months. There was one week of compatible maps, then nothing. Without more compatible maps or a fix from Mediatonic, I will not be able to platinum Fall Guys.

5. Battlefield 2042 (PS4): No progress of yet.

Fuel (PS3): No progress.

Hey, I assume the digital downgrade using a proxy (similar to FFXV and Mafia 3) to vanilla 1.0 would work? I've been keen to play and complete EoS but don't fancy 267hours, even though I'm someone that's cool with a big grind ?

28 minutes ago, HedleyNEUK said:

Hey, I assume the digital downgrade using a proxy (similar to FFXV and Mafia 3) to vanilla 1.0 would work? I've been keen to play and complete EoS but don't fancy 267hours, even though I'm someone that's cool with a big grind ?

I am completely unfamiliar with how to perform digital downgrades to 1.0, but from what other gamers have shared, yes, Empire of Sin version 1.0 is preferable. If you can find a disk hard copy and disable all updates, that would be the simplest way. Without the Precincts update, I read that a single playthrough takes two hours. Personally, I think that estimate is low; I would guess 4-5 hours is required for each playthrough. However, the ability to taxi and immediately attack another boss's safehouse without having to conquer every precinct connecting your empire to his (or hers) shaves at least ten hours off each playthrough. Gamers stated the platinum took them 40 hours in 1.0, but I personally doubt that. I would estimate 60-70 hours (14 playthroughs X 4-5 hours, plus another 10-30 hours for Lone Wolf, depending on RNG for boss-on-boss assassination attempts). There are certainly speedrunners who earned the platinum in less, but for an average gamer unfamiliar with the turn-based genre, figure on 60-70 hours.

The longest slog is the Lone Wolf trophy; that took me 40 hours. I was still new and thought everything was about gangster vs. gangster violence. I didn't understand the importance of business arrangements. These arrangements allow you to request your allied crime bosses to discreetly eliminate another gangster. This kills the targeted boss without creating repercussions for you with the other crime bosses. In a 7-boss Associate difficulty playthrough, you can ask a single ally boss to target five enemy bosses simultaneously (Idk if this is true in version 1.0). This multi-assassination order is useful, as each assassination attempt only has a 10-20% chance of successfully eliminating one boss. Your business allies will even assassinate each other if you ask them to, though I would recommend doing this only when they are the last two bosses remaining.

The alternative way to eliminate other crime bosses is tough. Your one crime boss vs. an entire safehouse of 11 goons and mini-bosses is incredibly difficult even on the lowest difficulty. You can kill only the main crime boss and exit the door to eliminate his/her empire, but that is assuming the other ten goons don't shred you to pieces before you can exit. Combat is turn-based, so even at full 250 health (1000 notoriety), you likely will die. Each goon attack takes 25-41 damage off your health. In a single turn, ten goons can take you from full health to dead. If you're caught in the open, there's nothing you can do to stop this. Always save on the safe house doorstep before you enter. I accomplished two safehouse takedowns this way, but it took many tries. 

The least risky way to win Lone Wolf is to become the Chi Town Mogul. You have to fully upgrade 116 rackets. This forces the player to focus on business and diplomacy while (mostly) avoiding combat. This is how I eventually earned Lone Wolf. Oh, don't befriend the cops if you go this route; you will lose faction standing with other crime bosses once they find out you're connected to the cops. Don't take Bosky up on his cop bar offer, and don't snitch. If I had focused on Chi Town from the start, I could have cut my Lone Wolf run time by at least 10 hours, but I had no idea at the time.

For the Maxim Zelnick DLC, you will have to update and play with the Precincts update. I posted one method to avoid the Accounts Cleared bug in the forums. 

Edited by poetic_justice_
  • Like 1

Cheers for the hugely detailed response @poetic_justice_

Luckily i did both of the digital downgrades i mentioned, so im familiar, just means il need to use my PS4.Good to know that i can work around the main game trophies that way!

Also i've already read through your info on the main game threads and will certainly go back to that info (and the above) once i get started, its all very much appreciated

Take it easy :D 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

Loved this thread last year and did a lot of great games but forgot to join here. I'm on vacation right now but I wanted to list my games here.

Tier 1:

Mirror's Edge

CoD: Black Ops Cold War

Blur

Rez Infinite

MGR: Revengeance

Rayman Legends

Ps: @Copanele idc about completions but from your own perspective. I have both Catherines. Which Catherine would you recommend? The ps4 full body version or the ps3 one?

Cheers

From my own perspective I'd recommend this game: Ride to Hell Retribution. A fantastic romantic action story that's definitely better than whatever is happening in Catherine ?

Serious answer - I'd go for the PS4 version. Hurts less and it's more stupid

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Copanele said:

From my own perspective I'd recommend this game: Ride to Hell Retribution. A fantastic romantic action story that's definitely better than whatever is happening in Catherine 1f602.png

Serious answer - I'd go for the PS4 version. Hurts less and it's more stupid

Sadly it's no UR anymore ? hahahah. These memes about this game are hilarious.

Thanks for your answer!

On 06/08/2023 at 9:40 PM, Copanele said:

One more question then, sorry, imagine I already have a plat for a game, but it's not yet at 100%. When I get it to 100% can I add it here? ?

FANK YOU!!

5 minutes ago, Mitsu said:

One more question then, sorry, imagine I already have a plat for a game, but it's not yet at 100%. When I get it to 100% can I add it here? 1f440.png

FANK YOU!!

Yep!

Just make sure it's Ultra Rare according to PSNP ranking, not PSN ranking

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

La0db98.png

Looks like an auto pop (and it is, technically,) though it's actually one of the longer games I've done!

The reason? 

Bloody Classic Tetris Mode!

They added 2 additional modes that need to be SS ranked for the platinum in this version, including Classic Mode, which was a bitch to get done. I didn't fancy my chances of doing it on a Duelsense D-Pad, so stuck with attempting on the PS4 version of the game, where I could use the (much better) Duelshock 4 D-Pad, and just cashed in my efforts once it was done, with a save import.

The result? A 30-second platinum, that took me about 60 hours  1f602.png

How's that for a conundrum!

After thinking for a bit and checking the requirements...this isn't a full autopop, since you had to do extra tasks.

Specifically, the Seriously?Seriously. trophy, where you had to replay levels for SS rank (and of course, reach that rank xD )

So having that in mind, I will award full points for this particular entry and add it to the Bounty list.

Edited by Copanele
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Copanele said:

After thinking for a bit and checking the requirements...this isn't a full autopop, since you had to do extra tasks.

Specifically, the Seriously?Seriously. trophy, where you had to replay levels for SS rank (and of course, reach that rank xD )

So having that in mind, I will award full points for this particular entry and add it to the Bounty list.

27tsv2.jpg

Well.... this is like that time I found a rare "One Ring" in the booster pack of LotR Cards I got for free with my comics....

...wasn't expecting that, but I'll take it! ?

• Like 3