The Ultra Rare Cleanup 2023 [CLOSED]

On 10/5/2023 at 3:54 AM, Copanele said:

TIER 3

1. Hawken1f4af.png

Hawken servers are still up? No way! How was it? Did you have to boost? Hawken caught my interest years ago, but none of my friends even knew what it was, so they were never interested in playing. Congrats!

Just now, poetic_justice_ said:

Hawken servers are still up? No way! How was it? Did you have to boost? Hawken caught my interest years ago, but none of my friends even knew what it was, so they were never interested in playing. Congrats!

Yep they are still up and you have to boost indeed :D 

You need to save up/buy 10.000 credits first, in order to unlock certain weapons/mechs. But the game is pretty much functional and populated even. You need a 4-man boosting session, but the game is pretty easy to complete...as long as the randoms don't invade you 😂

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Yep they are still up and you have to boost indeed :D You need a 4-man boosting session, but the game is pretty easy to complete...as long as the randoms don't invade you 😂

Ah, no password-protected servers. Well, for a F2P game that is to be expected. Still, Hawken is still playable, and that is pretty cool. Thanks for the response.

• Like 1

@poetic_justice_ Actually, for Hawken you don't specifically need a four players boosting session: one more boosting partner is enough.

Three other players may be needed for the Trophy requiring you to kill three enemies in the spawn of 10 seconds from each, but this can easily be done against bots in Deathmatch training.

While getting enough credits for the weapon and the EMP, I got almost all the other Trophies, and eventually I cleaned up the list by boosting with just one friend.

Servers are active but almost dead, you may encounter a random or two by you can change your region so it is not an issue.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, KenjiCBZ said:

@poetic_justice_ Actually, for Hawken you don't specifically need a four players boosting session: one more boosting partner is enough.

Three other players may be needed for the Trophy requiring you to kill three enemies in the spawn of 10 seconds from each, but this can easily be done against bots in Deathmatch training.

While getting enough credits for the weapon and the EMP, I got almost all the other Trophies, and eventually I cleaned up the list by boosting with just one friend.

Servers are active but almost dead, you may encounter a random or two by you can change your region so it is not an issue.

KejiCBZ, thank you for this gold mine of information. Yes, the 3 enemies/10 seconds trophy looked daunting. When I played Hawken (on an alt account) years ago, servers were active. Advanced players tore my noob mech to shreds in seconds. Getting three kills on live players, let alone three in ten seconds, seemed extremely difficult. It scared me away from the game. Well, that and being annihilated whenever a veteran player joined the match.

No problem, you can do it against bots, it's not that hard. Or if you really can't do it, do it with three people like Copanele suggested, but I don't think it's necessary. I completed the game in one day and there's plenty of people who did it in like 30 minutes, very easy Ultra Rare 100% 😁

10 minutes ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

Also few tips in the future for @Copanele who also wants to tackle this game. A guy named "Ovendonkey" on YT (https://www.youtube.com/@Ovendonkey) have tutorials for all Time Trials. Here is the playlist and I also had a few tips of a friend of mine who plays this game regularly on a daily basis.

3 small tips:
1. Learn the "Side Jump Boost" which is very easy and really useful.
2. when you wallrun use the L2 button to slow down.
3. Use the wall run kick on some trials. It helps you to not get damage from fall damage / you don't have to roll which saves a little bit time on some maps.

Many thanks for the tips and the recommendations! I tried to learn the side jump boost but i could not nail it down 😅

I bookmarked the videos for the foreseeable future. One day I will have to deal with this game...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Many thanks for the tips and the recommendations! I tried to learn the side jump boost but i could not nail it down 😅

I bookmarked the videos for the foreseeable future. One day I will have to deal with this game...

You are welcome.

When you start. Look at the right or left after that push l1 while turning your character in the direction you need to go. 

You will get used to it, believe me, it's not that hard and changing your sensitivity also helps a lot because you turn faster of course (but it's not necessary I believe) but it's better to play at max sensitivity or at least higher than the standard sensitivity

Good luck!

Edited by ShadyWARcotix
  • Like 3