The Ultra Rare Cleanup 2023 [CLOSED]

56 minutes ago, BlitzkriegHottie said:

Tier 1

1. Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars: 1.36%

Just a heads up.  I remember hearing the servers were either shut down or getting shut down for this.  Also, for an Ultra Rare for your Bingo Challenge, I'd recommend Bleed, Assault Suit Leynos, or Slain: Back from Hell .  I was doing similar research yesterday which is how I found the latter 2 (I've never played Assault Suit so maybe it's not good) but I spent quite a bit of time with Bleed last year.  I was ass at it so someone who gets the mechanics a bit better may be able to wrap it up in under 20 hours (where I stopped).  I don't personally like Slain but it may be up your alley.  I just know these three all have fairly quick plat times per their respective guides.

Edited by willythom88
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, willythom88 said:

Just a heads up.  I remember hearing the servers were either shut down or getting shut down for this.  Also, for an Ultra Rare for your Bingo Challenge, I'd recommend Bleed, Assault Suit Leynos, or Slain: Back from Hell .  I was doing similar research yesterday which is how I found the latter 2 (I've never played Assault Suit so maybe it's not good) but I spent quite a bit of time with Bleed last year.  I was ass at it so someone who gets the mechanics a bit better may be able to wrap it up in under 20 hours (where I stopped).  I don't personally like Slain but it may be up your alley.  I just know these three all have fairly quick plat times per their respective guides.

Many thanks for the recommendations!

I already platinumed Slain: Back from Hell, so I'll flip a coin for Assault Suit Leynoss (which I assume is Mecha) or Bleed, which I already know is a bitch. Although ASL is looking sexy since Bleed is a whole franchise so I'm not sure about the commitment.

Already got all the online trophies from Super Sonic ... Cars, but thanks for the heads up!

And just in case anyone is worried about not making it in time: You can literally boost it vs yourself with a second controller! Doesn't even need to be a PS3 controller.

That's the easy part, however, I'm about to get my ass kicked by the 5 Star  runs...

@AvengedEvil Now that sounds nice. Will keep it in mind, but yeah, not adding to my backlog sounds very tempting right now.

Edited by BlitzkriegHottie
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, MrHealthy said:

Nex Machina

Dunno about this, I do own it but I am historically bad at twin stick shooters. Might swap for Dead Nation, we will see how it goes.

I personally found Dead Nation to be a bit harder than Nex Machina, though that might also partly be because I just didn't like it nearly as much as Nex lol. Nex isn't quite as hard as it might seem though, especially once you figure out how to approach the gameplay (basically be super aggressive), so I definitely recommend you to just stick with your current choice :P

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dzware said:

I personally found Dead Nation to be a bit harder than Nex Machina, though that might also partly be because I just didn't like it nearly as much as Nex lol. Nex isn't quite as hard as it might seem though, especially once you figure out how to approach the gameplay (basically be super aggressive), so I definitely recommend you to just stick with your current choice :P

The problem I have with twin stick shooters is that my brain just seems to shut down when there are enemies attacking from all sides with lots of flashy visual effects going on all over the screen. My brain just goes to complete mush and I zone out.

Thanks for the vote of confidence though!

To all the wonderful creators and competitors in the UR community,

I would love to join this year, but I'm holding back. I have 985 UR trophies on my profile as it is and I know I have more in my ever expansive backlog to increase that number beyond. The creators of the thread and the challenge itself promote positivity and camaraderie to push beyond the limits and grab those trophies. I however feel intimidated by all the greatness that happens in this thread and cannot do the theme justice. 

I support everyone who is here and pushing themselves to reach the heights in challenge and UR gaming. This is not a post for pity or to garner attention, just an understanding that I know my limitations at the moment.

Good luck to all, smash your goals.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, tony_snake_24 said:

Hello, I'd like to participate again this year :) 

I still have 3 pages left to read from the previous event, and now 5 here, but I'd like to register now because I expect to complete a DLC with a UR trophy very, very soon. Though it's not very impressive. But a UR is a UR, right? :D

I'll post my 5 games soon. And I'm looking at that Team Sonic Racing for after I finish some games that are shutting down 1f440.png

Good to see you here again mate ?

• Like 2

i have been playing final fantasy type 0hd for winter backlog challenge but my list of games is totally different then for this event but somewhere i want to add more ultra rare trophies i got team sonic racing aswell i play 3 genres rpg shooting adventure  i do this event i am thinking to play wolfenstein 2 ore crash bandicoot 4 

Edited by zalcarezio
  • Like 3