Crossplay: Sad Reality...

ARIXANDRE

Unfortunately true in PvP shooters. I'm dogshit in Apex (and shooters in general on controller now) and my friend is pretty good and all we got was either sweaty PS4 players or semi casual PC players.

I can't for the life of me aim with a controller anymore after switching to PC myself a couple years ago,

In cases like Apex though the non-crossplay servers are completely empty, there's no one in the queue because the game defaults to having it on and most players don't even know you can switch that off, same thing in COD.
I have no idea how far does R6 Siege crossplay go but there's not a goddamn chance with the console players against PC players. The meta is always different and on PC the game is being played completely differently.

• Like 2

I miss when server browsers were still a thing. Don't need crossplay if it only takes 100 players to keep your game active. Matchmaking systems are a race to the bottom for most games - even in successful games like Overwatch you end up having to wait forever for everything but support.

53 minutes ago, ARIXANDRE said:

This has probably been covered here before, but crossplay should not include PC players. Mouse, keyboards, and higher framerates just make it a bad time for everyone else.

This is what a lot of games do, e.g. Overwatch. You can play with PC players too in Overwatch if you party up with a PC player, but they disable aim assist in that case which is complete bullshit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ARIXANDRE said:

This has probably been covered here before, but crossplay should not include PC players. Mouse, keyboards, and higher framerates just make it a bad time for everyone else.

Plenty of games played on warzone were finished by PC players with aimbot or player outline hacks. No matter how many times they get removed, they just create another throwaway account and keep doing it. 

• Like 4

This is why I was never a fan of crossplay as a console gamer. All it does is give me a disadvantage because you're gonna have PC gamers and hackers joining a console gaming ecosystem.

I happen to play BF2042 as well. I am lucky enough to live in Europe, where during peak hours there are still plenty of people to find in non-crossplay servers. But I can imagine for others the only option is crossplay on, because it's on by default and they live in a place where peak hours are in the middle of the night or some other unrealistic time. It sucks and I wish something could be done about this.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ARIXANDRE said:

This has probably been covered here before, but crossplay should not include PC players. 

I do 100% agree with you. It's the same with Gundam Evolution and there is forced crossplay, you cant disable it. I do not want to play with PC Cheaters.

• Like 1

I saw that many console gamers buy third-party mouse/keyboard adaptors for PS4, especially in Battlefield V. 

Still, it's said that the calibration of these devices is not good. 

It seems like we'll be cross playing more and more with PC and I wish that weren't the case in PvP.

Thank you all for your input. 

This killed R6 for me years ago. I don't like playing shooters with M&K and enjoyed the more 'casual' PS/controller play of golden days of BF (gone since BF4) and R6

The meta quickly became M&K everyone even PS players. Even around Gold tier the difference of what you can do and react comparing controller/M&K is huge.

There was no point in playing unless I was going to switch my comfy leaned back IKEA chair for a table, 'gaming chair', and M&K...

Slowly but surely this leaks into most games and it just ruins some, PC players will often lack understanding unless you force them to play e.g. racing games on M&K vs Controller (bar racing wheel options on both sides)

• Like 1

Cross-play was always a bad idea. I really never understood why people were pushing for it. I suppose they just wanted to play with their friends, but they should have just bought the necessary hardware to do so instead of forcing console players to compete with the keyboard and mouse. It's horrible in OW2 when I get paired with PC players.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Cross-play was always a bad idea. I really never understood why people were pushing for it. I suppose they just wanted to play with their friends, but they should have just bought the necessary hardware to do so instead of forcing console players to compete with the keyboard and mouse. It's horrible in OW2 when I get paired with PC players.

You don't get paired with PC players in OW2 unless you queue up with a PC player.

I saw that many console gamers buy third-party mouse/keyboard adaptors for PS4, especially in Battlefield V. 

Still, it's said that the calibration of these devices is not good. 

It seems like we'll be cross playing more and more with PC and I wish that weren't the case in PvP.

Thank you all for your input. 

It just depends on the game, for Apex Legends or Warzone the aim assist is so strong that controllers are way more popular than m&k even at pro level.

If that's the case there's not much problem with crossplay since most of the pc players are playing with controllers themselves.

5 minutes ago, iFraaN97 said:

It just depends on the game, for Apex Legends or Warzone the aim assist is so strong that controllers are way more popular than m&k even at pro level.

If that's the case there's not much problem with crossplay since most of the pc players are playing with controllers themselves.

I don't honestly think PC players are playing PvP first person shooters with controllers. 

You can usually tell when you firefight them frontal, they strafe right and left quickly (WASD) while keeping perfect aim.

And I won't even get into aimbots because I couldn't tell it apart.

24 minutes ago, ARIXANDRE said:

I don't honestly think PC players are playing PvP first person shooters with controllers. 

For the most part, no, but with Apex in particular there is a lot of outrage over controllers being too strong, so I could imagine PC players using controllers. I can't say whether or not it's actually true, though, since this kind of outrage is rarely bound by reality, just that a lot of PC players are very upset over the prospect of not having an advantage over controller players for once.

I don't play MP games in general but if cross play between consoles and PC is available in a game, then m+k support on console should be available for that game. 

Precision and speed on m+k vs pad is night and day basically. It's not the "pad vs stick vs hitbox" argument in the FGC, in this case one is clearly MUCH better than the other and you just can't compete using the other option. 

By support I mean native support of course.

You can usually tell when you firefight them frontal, they strafe right and left quickly (WASD) while keeping perfect aim.

And I won't even get into aimbots because I couldn't tell it apart.

https://www.dexerto.com/apex-legends/apex-legends-controller-players-are-totally-dominating-pc-ranked-in-predator-1949106/

It's gotten to a point where you have top mnk players just straight up switching to controller because it's just too consistent and easy to learn, so yeah it's a thing. One clipping at close range is deadly when aim assist is as high as it is for apex or warzone.

I usually play in the pc pool and you can clearly tell who's on roller because when you're looting you can't move your character at all so you have to stand still, that's easily 3/4 players in any pc lobby.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't play competitively anymore due to this problem. The amount of aimbots is unrealistic and when the game is free? Just a fresh account for the PC player and according to Activision another sale for them.

Aim assist for COD games is dogshit btw and hearing a pc bitch complaining about it is irrelevant. Inviting PC players into a console world is just bad.