Good ratio between gold/silver/bronze

Radford999

Hi guys. In the past i have got many quick easy platinums. The ones with all gold trophies which i kind of regret because my gold to silver trophies are a little bit unbalanced. My ratio currently stands at:

Gold 3,012

Silver 4,110

Bronze 11,063

Platinums 502

What does a normal ratio look like for a player who doesn’t have any of the quick gold trophy games? Just would like to know so i can maybe start to rebuild my trophy list and even some of it out. Thanks!

• Like 1

A good ratio is 1:3. For every gold trophy you have 3 silver and for every silver trophy you have 3 bronze. This based solely on my account where I’m don’t play trophy whoring games. I have 1,298 gold (x3 is 3894, actual silver trophies is 3,781), 3,781 silver trophies (x3 is 11343, actual bronze trophies is 11648) and 11,648 bronze trophies.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

A good ratio is 1:3. For every gold trophy you have 3 silver and for every silver trophy you have 3 bronze. This based solely on my account where I’m don’t play trophy whoring games. I have 1,298 gold (x3 is 3894, actual silver trophies is 3,781), 3,781 silver trophies (x3 is 11343, actual bronze trophies is 11648) and 11,648 bronze trophies.

That makes sense thanks. My silver to bronze ratio looks ok. Just the gold to silver ratio is bad. Think i may get some easy bronze and silver plats to even it out a bit. 

I've only played real full games with a normal trophy distribution and currently stands at 99 completed games out of 135 games played.

My ratio looks like this:

- Platinum : 120

- Gold : 446

- Silver : 1,301

- Bronze : 4,686

That's not too far from the 1:3 as FilmFanatic mentionned :)

Edited by Tyxoune

3 minutes ago, Radford999 said:

Already started on that haha. Think my silver count needs to go up a little too.

I just checked mine.  My ratios are 58% bronze, 25% silver, 15% gold, 2% platinum.  But I dabbled in a few EZPZ series myself so my Gold ratio is high.

POWGI games often have a lot of Silvers.  So do some pinball ones (Pinball Arcade, Pinball FX 3) and also DriveClub DLC.   If any of those interest you. 

• Like 2

I don’t play the shovelware stuff, but I’ve got a fair mix of game difficulties, and a decent number of them, so am probably pretty representative of the “bog standard” average gamer - and my ratio seems to be about 2.25 - ie:

golds x 2.25 = silvers

silvers x 2.25 = bronze

Thats a very rough estimate there (of course) - but I’d wager that’s about the ratio you end up with if, like me, you don’t really bother with what the rarities/ difficulties etc. of games are, and just go where the mood takes you.
(Or to put it a less charitable way… are an unpredictable mess of a gamer, with no ability to see beyond the next game in front of you! ?)

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

1:3 seems good, I have around 400 gold, 1100 silver and 3200 bronze trophies.

A lot of us can kiss goodbye to our gold/silver ratio lol, thanks to our trophy whoring addiction ? but like some mentionned here it's about "x3".

I'm actually trying something similar but just for me to bring back my silvers count higher than my golds count, slowly taking notes of trophy list with more silver. Will take sometimes since my free time is rare now but I can manage to do it, I'm not buying shovelware with only golds anymore, probably ever but I can't 100% this ??‍?.

Edited by Kulzyc

59 minutes ago, Radford999 said:

Hi guys. In the past i have got many quick easy platinums. The ones with all gold trophies which i kind of regret because my gold to silver trophies are a little bit unbalanced. My ratio currently stands at:

Gold 3,012

Silver 4,110

Bronze 11,063

Platinums 502

What does a normal ratio look like for a player who doesn’t have any of the quick gold trophy games? Just would like to know so i can maybe start to rebuild my trophy list and even some of it out. Thanks!

Depends on the completion % imo. 

For instance, mine is

• Platinum (150)
  • Gold (729)
  • Silver (2,093)
  • Bronze (6,358)

Which mathematically would be 68% bronze, 22% silver, 8% gold, 2% plats. I think the x3 works for most trophy hunters, but those who plat less and are a bit more casual with their hunting will be a bit different and will have more bronze than anything by a mile. 

59 minutes ago, Camokidd87 said:

As mentioned before powgi games are most of the time pure silvers throughout. Theyre fairly easy but take time and theyre cheap too. You coukd grab 20 to 30 silvers a pc from a bunch of them. 

The early assassins creeds have a lot of silvers too. 

• Like 2

I can't say I've ever even thought about looking at those ratios before. With a high completion rate, it seems to me like the only thing it would indicate is the average number of trophies that the games you play have. For games with plats, playing a lot of games with fewer than about 40 trophies makes the 1:3:9 ratio mentioned earlier pretty much impossible, since fewer total trophies means more golds to reach the typical 1350 total trophy points (likewise, more total trophies means more bronzes to avoid blowing past it). For example, look at some games with 25 total trophies: Death's Door, Stray, and Spirit of the North all have closer to 1:1:1 ratios, because those trophy points have to come from somewhere. Personally, I'd recommend forgetting about it and playing what you want, before you get sucked down the numerology rabbit hole and end up with a fear of clocks.

That said, part of me finds it fascinating that trophy spam "games" almost always have low trophy totals. You'd think that if the goal is to sell trophies, they'd be better off blitzing you with 70 bronzes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xylobe said:

That said, part of me finds it fascinating that trophy spam "games" almost always have low trophy totals. You'd think that if the goal is to sell trophies, they'd be better off blitzing you with 70 bronzes.

As far as shovelware goes the number of trophies makes no difference as far as the breakdown of trophy type, as any game with a plat will give you roughly the same number of points. 66 bronzes will be the same as 11 golds for points and it’s points that matter for the leaderboard.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

As far as shovelware goes the number of trophies makes no difference as far as the breakdown of trophy type, as any game with a plat will give you roughly the same number of points. 66 bronzes will be the same as 11 golds for points and it’s points that matter for the leaderboard.

Right, it's all brown in the end in terms of leaderboard progress and trophy level, but you'd think that with all else being equal someone buying trophies would be more enticed by more trophies. Just a tangential observation, anyway.

1 hour ago, Xylobe said:

Right, it's all brown in the end in terms of leaderboard progress and trophy level, but you'd think that with all else being equal someone buying trophies would be more enticed by more trophies. Just a tangential observation, anyway.

I look at it from the dev's or publisher's perspective. It's probably easiest and least time consuming to do 11 Golds rather than 70 Bronzes. Why spend extra time making up an extra 59 trophies of bs when you can get a away with the bare minimum of 11?

• Like 1

Even if 10-minute platinums aren't factored in, a lot of the ratio depends upon the type of games you like to play and how their trophy lists are structured. I've noticed that a number of sports games are fairly generous with their gold trophies. The recent MLB and PGA Tour games have 6-7 golds in lists of 25 to 30 trophies. Madden NFL 22 has nine golds in 20 trophies on PS5 (17 on the PS4 version). They often aren't the hardest trophies to earn either (well, Madden is so buggy that I wouldn't recommend it for trophy hunting completionists). Personally, I just go for the trophies I want to go for and let things fall as they may.

• 1 year later...

Randomly came across this but usually about 10 to 15 percent of your total trophy count will probably be gold from my experience with 142 platinums. However I only have about a 75 percent completion so I've left alot of golds on the table.

Edited by Sctn187