Guide Writer's Headquarters

14 hours ago, Izul said:

It's probably not the right place, but I didn't want to create a new thread for my suggestion.

So, there are already lots of tags for guides, and they're really helpful most of the time. After I was reading a discussion about a specific guide, however, I noticed that there isn't a tag for luck-based trophies. I think they are often specified as grind trophies and could be found in the same category as trophies like "Reach max level". It'd be even more helpful to see if a trophy is about luck, like getting a specific drop/spawning an enemy/winning a jackpot etc; some of them can also be a huge grind for sure, but it's still a little different if something only takes long or is luck-based and could technically also be done within a few minutes (like the jackpot example). 

In short, would be nice to see a Luck/RNG Tag. :highfive:

I'm pretty sure we had this suggestion before...

I wonder what happened to it :hmm:

On 8/19/2018 at 5:41 PM, Izul said:

It's probably not the right place, but I didn't want to create a new thread for my suggestion.

So, there are already lots of tags for guides, and they're really helpful most of the time. After I was reading a discussion about a specific guide, however, I noticed that there isn't a tag for luck-based trophies. I think they are often specified as grind trophies and could be found in the same category as trophies like "Reach max level". It'd be even more helpful to see if a trophy is about luck, like getting a specific drop/spawning an enemy/winning a jackpot etc; some of them can also be a huge grind for sure, but it's still a little different if something only takes long or is luck-based and could technically also be done within a few minutes (like the jackpot example). 

In short, would be nice to see a Luck/RNG Tag. :highfive:

On 8/20/2018 at 7:41 AM, Satoshi Ookami said:

I'm pretty sure we had this suggestion before...

I wonder what happened to it :hmm:

Yeah, I've suggested it a few times... it's still not there, so yeah.

I have made a guide on 'theHunter: Call of the Wild', but now I would like to start a guide on the DLC of that game.
But I can't find on how to start a guide for that, I don't see a button 'Start DLC Guide' or something.

Does anyone know how to do that?

Edit:
Found it.
It was on the game page, the green button in the right column.

Edited by NL_Sion
Found it.
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this is the place for my question/suggestion, but it does involve guides and this is a topic for guides. Also my apologies if this has been suggested before, but the search function provided no results and I don't have time to read through 30 pages looking for the answer.

My suggestion is can we be provided an area in the guide itself (maybe near the top) where we can write what changes were made should major revisions be made? That way people can see what was changed, rather than just looking at the top of the guide and seeing it showing only the date it was updated. In this way we could do something like this:

1. 10/6/2018 - Guide is first published
  2. 10/10/2018 - Trophy info for :bronze:<trophy name> while working, was not 100% accurate and was updated.
  3. 10/18/2018 - User XYZA123 suggested (be sure to confirm by testing yourself) in the comments an easier way of obtaining :silver:<trophy name>.
  4. 6/17/2019 - Servers shut down. :platinum: <trophy name> is no longer obtainable.

On 10/6/2018 at 6:22 PM, Caldor2K2 said:

I'm not sure if this is the place for my question/suggestion, but it does involve guides and this is a topic for guides. Also my apologies if this has been suggested before, but the search function provided no results and I don't have time to read through 30 pages looking for the answer.

My suggestion is can we be provided an area in the guide itself (maybe near the top) where we can write what changes were made should major revisions be made? That way people can see what was changed, rather than just looking at the top of the guide and seeing it showing only the date it was updated. In this way we could do something like this:

1. 10/6/2018 - Guide is first published
  2. 10/10/2018 - Trophy info for :bronze:<trophy name> while working, was not 100% accurate and was updated.
  3. 10/18/2018 - User XYZA123 suggested (be sure to confirm by testing yourself) in the comments an easier way of obtaining :silver:<trophy name>.
  4. 6/17/2019 - Servers shut down. :platinum: <trophy name> is no longer obtainable.

If you want, you can add that to the Tips & Strategies section. Just add a title such as "Edit Log", "Revisions", or something similar.

• 2 weeks later...

A real in depth guide for 'VR Worlds' would be phenomenal for several reasons. 

It's the standard game included in the VR Bundle, so tens of thousands people have it. 

On the other hand, the game is extremely hard and full of ultra rare trophies.

Cheers 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, new-stirum94 said:

Is anyone working on a "wonder boy in monster world" trophy guide?

Hey, it doesn't look like a guide is being worked on for that game at the moment

4 hours ago, janzor88 said:

A real in depth guide for 'VR Worlds' would be phenomenal for several reasons. 

PlayStation VR Worlds? This one exists, unless you're asking for one with more details?

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/5798-playstation-vr-worlds-trophy-guide

Edited by BlindMango

34 minutes ago, new-stirum94 said:

Ok so can I proceed to make one? 

Of course you can! As long as you have earned at least a single trophy in the game, the ‘Create a Trophy or Gameplay Guide’ option will appear on the game’s homepage. If you’re new to guide writing, you should also check out the Guide Manual. It can help you get started on guide writing within PSNProfiles. But of course, if you still have questions, do not hesitate to message one of us on the Guide Team. :dance:

Edited by ddracarys
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, ddracarys said:

Of course you can! As long as you have earned at least a single trophy in the game, the ‘Create a Trophy or Gameplay Guide’ option will appear on the game’s homepage. If you’re new to guide writing, you should also check out the Guide Manual. It can help you get started on guide writing within PSNProfiles. But of course, if you still have questions, do not hesitate to message one of us on the Guide Team. :dance:

Perfect =D thanks a lot 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Guardian_owl said:

InXile Entertainment finally patched A Bard's Tale Remastered 14.5 months later and the platinum trophy is now obtainable. I've updated the guide to include changes due to patch 1.03.

Wow, 14 months? I guess better late than never, huh? xD 

• Like 1

Hello all,

I've made a few guides so far. I've already managed to catch @Smzthy to help me out with writing nice English sentences and helping out with the grammar. 
Since I am a non-native English writer, it is really helpful to meet the high-standard of this site. 

To give the visuals a little boosts in the guides, i'm looking for someone who is good in designing nice images. 
An example: think of making banners, visual road-maps and trophy specific images. Would be nice if you are fluent/native in English too, but that is not a must have.

I don't have any guides that i am currently writing, but i'm thinking about making one. Perhaps a VR one.
If you are interested in helping out, please send me a private message and we will try it out for one guide. If the interests are mutual, we can work on more guides together :).
Currently i made 3 guides -> Astro Bot and Sigi. Strange Brigade guide is in review and will be up short.

Let me know something <3

Kind regards,
Knoef

Edited by knoef_NL
  • Like 3