Guide Writer's Headquarters

2 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

Hey @BlindMango or @Dragon-Archon one of you guys might want to update the guide for Driveclub Bikes to say how the content is going to be delisted at the end of the month and servers to be shutdown in March 2020 like it says in the guide for the base Driveclub game. Just something i noticed!

Thanks for the heads up. I'll take care of it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, I need some english help.

I want to put some "LEGENDS" in the guide, but this word Legends seems wrong, I will write below what I'm planning to write.

Guide Legends 

DG = Double Gear

SG = Speed Gear

PG = Power Gear

SPG = Speed and Power Gear, use them both.

The word "Legends" seems wrong to me, what word can I use there ? I also have thought putting "subtitles" but It seems wrong either way.

2 hours ago, LucasIIGD said:

I want to put some "LEGENDS" in the guide, but this word Legends seems wrong, I will write below what I'm planning to write.

Guide Legends 

DG = Double Gear

SG = Speed Gear

PG = Power Gear

The word "Legends" seems wrong to me, what word can I use there ? I also have thought putting "subtitles" but It seems wrong either way.

You could replace it with the word "abbreviations".

I have a weird issue in one of my guides. One of the trophies is not linking correctly. I have linked every other trophy is one way or another, but as soon as I try to link :bronze: A Sheep in Wolf's Clothing, it doesn't create the linked text.I tried to link it in this trophy section under "Saheila", but it didn't work. I, instead, simply said "...to ensure the trophy..."

Gameplay Guide

Trophy Guide

2 hours ago, LucasIIGD said:

Guide Legends 

DG = Double Gear

SG = Speed Gear

PG = Power Gear

Legend is technically used on maps, and it goes on singular, even if there is a lot of explanations; if that’s what you’re asking for.

If it’s not a map you should use another word as @Dragon-Archon said.

19 minutes ago, Kallume said:

I have a weird issue in one of my guides. One of the trophies is not linking correctly. I have linked every other trophy is one way or another, but as soon as I try to link :bronze: A Sheep in Wolf's Clothing, it doesn't create the linked text.I tried to link it in this trophy section under "Saheila", but it didn't work. I, instead, simply said "...to ensure the trophy..."

Gameplay Guide

Trophy Guide

It seems to work fine for me. When you created it, was the text black? If so, that sometimes happens and a way to fix is it so select the text, click on the third button from the left (Colours), and click on the eraser in the lower right corner. This should remove all the text colour and text with embedded links will be blue again.

4 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

It seems to work fine for me. When you created it, was the text black? If so, that sometimes happens and a way to fix is it so select the text, click on the third button from the left (Colours), and click on the eraser in the lower right corner. This should remove all the text colour and text with embedded links will be blue again.

Hi Dragon, I tried it multiple times throughout the guide. I'll give it another shot with your suggested fix.

On 04/09/2019 at 2:11 PM, Dragon-Archon said:

You could replace it with the word "abbreviations".

On 04/09/2019 at 2:37 PM, BlackTorito said:

Legend is technically used on maps, and it goes on singular, even if there is a lot of explanations; if that’s what you’re asking for.

If it’s not a map you should use another word as @Dragon-Archon said.

Thank you both, since it is not a map, I will remove this from the guide, I will try to not be lazy and write down all the words without abbreviations.

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Kallume said:

Is there a cap on the length of a guide? ... I am approaching 80,000 words and want to make sure I don't hit a wall.

Not that I know of.

20 hours ago, new-stirum94 said:

Hi guys, is there anyone working on a "Super Wiloo Demake" trophy guide? I know it's kinda useless because the game is really easy but I saw that there is only a video walkthrough on the forum and I would like to put it in a guide 1f600.png

Nope, feel free to write one.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 2

On 9/12/2016 at 3:15 PM, B1rvine said:

Anyone want to finish my DmC : Devil May Cry guide?  I lost interest.  It's about 90% finished but needs some expanded descriptions and polish per the guide team, and it was rejected on the initial submission. 

If your project is still alive, I might be interested in. Though I don't have PS3 version of the game + have a heavy school schedule (have upcoming finals in 9 months), I might be a slow poke. It's nearly been 2 years since I played the game so need to refurbish my old memories lol

On 9/25/2019 at 7:27 PM, XxIsa-GxX said:

If your project is still alive, I might be interested in. Though I don't have PS3 version of the game + have a heavy school schedule (have upcoming finals in 9 months), I might be a slow poke. It's nearly been 2 years since I played the game so need to refurbish my old memories lol

@B1rvine I have the platinum on PS4 version thought (don't own PS3 version). Don't know if that makes any difference.

On 9/25/2019 at 0:27 PM, XxIsa-GxX said:

If your project is still alive, I might be interested in. Though I don't have PS3 version of the game +

Don't know if that makes any difference.

Unfortunately I abandoned it a while ago. FYI, there are a moderate number differences in the trophies in the different platforms.

15 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

Unfortunately I abandoned it a while ago. FYI, there are a moderate number differences in the trophies in the different platforms.

:'(. Yeah, there is no Nephilim SSS Rank trophy or HOH/HAH ones. And Definitive Edition has combined trophies w/Vergil's Downfall DLC.

On 10/1/2019 at 4:20 AM, DarkSoleride said:

Hi if nobody has already claimed it i am currently writing a guide for Epic Mickey 2: Power of Two on PS Vita / PS3 

No one has recently worked on a guide to my knowledge for this game in the past year. Please feel free to create one. If you have any comments or questions please let me know :)

• Like 1

I just edited some mistakes on my DMC 5 trophy guide (some grammar mistakes). Since I have to prepare for my finals, I can't instantly edit them but I'm trying my best to keep it fresh. If there are any errors I need to fix or need to add something to improve the guide, please let me know. That would be appreciated.

16 minutes ago, XxIsa-GxX said:

I just edited some mistakes on my DMC 5 trophy guide (some grammar mistakes). Since I have to prepare for my finals, I can't instantly edit them but I'm trying my best to keep it fresh. If there are any errors I need to fix or need to add something to improve the guide, please let me know. That would be appreciated.

I can proof read later tonight if you'd like me to

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Dreggit said:

I can proof read later tonight if you'd like me to

I would really appreciate that. Since I'm from Turkey, English is not my main language and sometimes my sentences can feel very weird (though some of the sentences got formatted better than mines when it was submitted for publishing, I made some edits today so I'm not sure about the edits I made tonight).

• 2 weeks later...

I saw on the front page, that Far Cry 2 is still listed as a game that needs a guide, but the game already has one. 

On another note, If no one is willing to make a Silent Hill Downpour guide, I'd be willing to make one after I finish up my Skate 2 one. I was planning on platinuming the game once again, given Halloween is around the corner.

• Like 1