Is it worth getting premium

brudzinski_1986

Just wondering if anyone can help me, wanting to know if it's worth upgrading to premium on PlayStation plus?  Do the older games give out trophies etc?  As there are a few games I'd like to go back to and get more trophies on. But does the games and classics offer this at the moment? 

Any help is much appreciated. 

Luke,  if you want to add me as a friend just message.  

11 minutes ago, brudzinski_1986 said:

Just wondering if anyone can help me, wanting to know if it's worth upgrading to premium on PlayStation plus?  Do the older games give out trophies etc?  As there are a few games I'd like to go back to and get more trophies on. But does the games and classics offer this at the moment? 

Any help is much appreciated. 

Luke,  if you want to add me as a friend just message.  

depends on your gaming style. for me i got it for one game because the membership cost as much as the game and the membership had the game. for the next 5 or 6 months until it expired i never played anything again on there. most the games have trophies. on psnprofiles you can always click games and search for that particular game to check, i think some classsics have trophies? like i remember syphon filter did i think i dunno if that was under the classics.

i think its relaly good for people who dont care about their completion percentage and want a shitload of games to mess around with. when you play the old games i think its similar to the ps now style of gaming where it only streams the games and doesnt download them. if you are a busy person who hits pause alot, the game will disconnect if your idle to long and you could lose progress. thats the hting i hate about playing the old non downloadable games on the service is i have to stop gaming alot and take important calls and stuff so its not worth it. 

Edited by melodicmizery

They started adding more classic games, but still they could make things more worthwhile. Why no ps2 classics with trophy support? why such limited ps1 games so far? wheres Dino Crisis? 

anyways i just have it cause why not. But things like this dont bother me. If you dont enjoy occasional ps1 games, and dont have good net for streaming ps3 i will say don't. 

(is PS3 games on extra?)

Having Premium at the moment but definitely going to downgrade to extra after it runs out.

PS3 Streaming felt weird on PSNow so i guess its the same right now. 

Trophy Support for PS1 Titles is kinda Cool but not worth the extra 20€ (in my case) imho. 

So like @Solid-Fisch already said, Extra is basically the way to go for most People.

And keep in mind that if you upgrade you cant downgrade so you have to wait until it runs and then get extra/essential iirc.

• Like 1

Make a list of all the games you want to play that are only on Premium. You’ll get a good idea of if there is enough to warrant spending any money. 

If there are a lot, go for it.

If there are only a few, make an alt account and get a one or three month membership so you’re only paying for how long you’ll use it. 

At the moment, I'd say no. Premium has the potential to be a good deal if they added more titles but with the slow roll out of the PS1 to PS3 era games and/or lack of trophy support, it's hard not to feel let down by it.

It's funny - when they first announced the tiers, I couldn't see why people would go for Extra when, for a little bit more, you got access to the classics. That was with the assumption that the entire PS Now catalogue would be there or the older games that could have been bought on the PS3 store would be on there. Looking back, Extra is the better option. I'm stuck with Premium for another year and it might get better by then but otherwise, I'll be going with Extra next time.

Obviously, ignore all that if there's a game on Premium you want to play. It's your money/choice, after all.

If you have Extra, I'd say so. It's only $20 per year in that case so it doesn't take many games to make it worthwhile. 

As it has been pointed out, look at the list of available games and see if there is "enough" there that interests you. Make sure you cross-reference with PSNP if all the games you are interested in have trophies because not all older games do.

There are actually some games remastered for the PS4 available in the tier too like for example Crysis Remastered, Gravity Rush Remastered and Yakuza 3-5 Remastered from the top of my head so it's not just PS1-3 + PSP.

If it wasn't for cloud saves, I wouldn't even use PS+ Essential.

The higher tiers (Extra / Premium) don't interest me at all and the long-term outlook of available games is mostly aimed at newer players. Subscribers with a small collection of games may be interested in this service, but I've got too many games as it is, and the selection is underwhelming to say the least.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Helyx said:

If it wasn't for cloud saves, I wouldn't even use PS+ Essential.

Same 'ere. Would be nice if there were an option to pay something like £10 per year for just cloud saves, instead of fooking £50. Mind you, there's some old PS+ games I redeemed that I also kinda wanna keep access to, I guess (not gonna care much if/when I eventually play and finish them though).

From what I've heard from pretty much everyone who subscribed to PS+ Premium, it's an immense disappointment and not worth it. There's barely any classic games, and they've been adding them at a snail's pace. The increased cost is generally not worth it from what I hear, but of course these are all second hand opinions I'm relaying. I personally never had any interest in anything above the Essential tier anyway.

That's up to you.

I have Premium because it has remastered versions of old games (like Borderlands Handsome Collection, Crysis, Darksiders... etc) and some PS1/PS2 games have trophy support. I do not care about old games in next gen consoles because they are easy to emulate on PC (even with better performance).

But i think PS Extra is just enough. It has a lot of games to play (not remastered neither older ones) which most of cases, the price of the game is more expensive than the membership itself.

By the way, i do not have that PS Now streaming thing in my country. It is called "PS Deluxe" instead of Premium and i have to download the game in order to play it. No streaming mode.

For me it would have been worth it if the streaming service actually worked decently. I never had any issues when it was PS Now but now I bought another PS3 because it was that painful. Other than that it's hit and miss if the classics have trophies and the classics library is extremely small like maybe 20-30 games so it feels like it gets very little attention for a lot of money 

I can't talk about premium but I can talk about Deluxe (the option without Streaming to third world places) and isn't worth it too, lol

It has the same issues with Premium but in an lame way (it even cost less than Premium, that's 120 USD yearly? Deluxe is 99) because they add just PS1, PS2 and PSP games at the incredible pace they have been adding them, so it doesn't have a lot of content in it

In short, is the same thing, don't bother with Premium/Deluxe until they add something you want or they add a lot of stuff that should be worth of the price

• 3 weeks later...