Spring 2023 Backlog Challenge

5 hours ago, Taruta13 said:

You know we can't be friends anymore. :(

Just kidding. I assume you didn't want to play the game because of the stupid-a$$ slow text in the beginning. That was an annoying thing to deal with. I'm sorry you didn't like the game

No, just wasn’t gonna fit in with what I wanted to do probably. If I can make it work, I’ll add it back. Have fun on your trip.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

No, just wasn’t gonna fit in with what I wanted to do probably. If I can make it work, I’ll add it back. Have fun on your trip.

I'm sure you can make the game work someday, it's an awesome game. And thanks for the well wishes. I'll see you in five days. ;)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, reaperveteran86 said:

Update 3:

- Accel World vs. Sword Art Online: Millenium Twilight 73% -> 100%

- Asterigos: Curse of the Stars (EU) 4%

- Baldur`s Gate: Dark Alliance 0%

- DmC: Devil May Cry (PS4) 32%

- Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star 11%

- Gungrave G.O.R.E. 13%

- Onechanbara Z2: Chaos (EU) 7%

- Robotics;Notes Elite 10%

- Samurai Maiden (PS4, EU) 25%

- Tokyo Xanadu eX+ 11%

-Wild Arms 2 2%

- Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner MARS 0%

After allmost exclusively playing it in the last week and a total playtime of 130 hours I finally got the platinum for AW vs. SAO: Millenium Actress. The story was good fanservice for the two series (and even got me back into reading the Accel World LN series) but it "only lastet 30 - 40 hours so 90 - 100 hours of my playthrough were pure grind, as the game is extremely stingy with rare  item droprates and giving you currency. Mix that with high prices for leveling up and items that you need a ton of for the smithing and title (a kind of in game achievement list) related trophies and you get a platinum that doesn`t respect your time. But it is done and I can check the most time consuming game off my list.

I remember having to replay the one battle against all of the kings, over and over and over again.  I enjoyed the game, but you are right the grind for the platinum was killer.

• Like 2

@MidnightDragon Catan was good. I first discovered Catan through xbox live arcade and so I compare every other Catan experience to this... Initially I found some the art choices jarring (uncanny valley portraits, a weird semi-realistic, semi-minature colony peices on the game board, felt too 'busy' not like the 'clean' XBLA version) and I would have liked a few things I've seen in other digital versions of Catan - a turn/dice log, custom rulesets, option to speed up AI turns etc. It was easy to move past these things and appreciate the game play. The AI was predictable but not pants-on-head silly, and in a few games it had me genuinely beat. I hope they'll use the engine to add the expansions as I've not had much experience with these.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, The_Head_Crusher said:

I remember having to replay the one battle against all of the kings, over and over and over again.  I enjoyed the game, but you are right the grind for the platinum was killer.

I enjoyed it too and normally I have nothing against a good grind, but it felt as if the developers tried to make the grinding progress as slow and tedious as they could on purpose. For example: Why have I level up my smithing skill to max. level and waste (a lot of) money and materials on it when the process to get one weapon from rank 1 to rank 10 is long and expensive enough on its own?

• Like 2