New firmware update?

poker_1987

2 hours ago, MrHealthy said:

Some people have reported that they did indeed have to turn 2FA on to get it to work. Your not supposed to need it turned on though, my alts certainly don't have it on.

Last April when I tried to log into my Vita I had this issue. I followed the directions exactly and used the device password that was generated, but nothing would work. That is, until I turned on 2FA. Then all of a sudden it would allow me to login.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

Be nothing but Blu-ray keys like the previous ones. 

According to a topic on reddit, last year's 4.89 update also removed the PS3’s capability of transfering Vita games from PS3 to Vita. Data transfer between PSP and PS3 was also removed.

Who knows what other surprises this new update is bundled with. ?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Geridian said:

According to a topic on reddit, last year's 4.89 update also removed the PS3’s capability of transfering Vita games from PS3 to Vita. Data transfer between PSP and PS3 was also removed.

Who knows what other surprises this new update is bundled with. 1f604.png

That feature was not removed per say but rather unintentionally broken. 4.89 brought the requirement to use a unique device password to login. When you initiate a data transfer it first checks to see if its transferring to the same PSN account and checks if the password matches on both devices. They no longer match though so the transfer fails.

Sony didn't even notice this issue until a week after 4.89 came out at which point they formally 'removed' it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MrHealthy said:

That feature was not removed per say but rather unintentionally broken. 4.89 brought the requirement to use a unique device password to login. When you initiate a data transfer it first checks to see if its transferring to the same PSN account and checks if the password matches on both devices. They no longer match though so the transfer fails.

Sony didn't even notice this issue until a week after 4.89 came out at which point they formally 'removed' it.

Yes, read this also in this topic.

But still: It is a surprise which was bundled and should have been in the patchnotes.

But since it is needed that you check all functions of the PS3 operating system to notice that these functions broke, I get it why this was not published or known before.

Edited by Geridian
Text

14 minutes ago, Cancerebro said:

Another useless update. On the other hand, I still can't add funds to my wallet in any way. It keeps saying "an error has occured". It's been weeks, if not months. I hate Sony. Even more than they hate me.

Are you trying on a PS4, PS5 or the Web Page? PSN removed that feature from the PS3 in 2021.

10 hours ago, zachpicc said:

Sadly that sounds like there might be a problem with the old girl :(

The annoying thing about is that I got it second hand as well.. After the PS3 my brother gave me would shut down at times and had only 80GB of storage.. 

7 hours ago, Lucibur said:

The annoying thing about is that I got it second hand as well.. After the PS3 my brother gave me would shut down at times and had only 80GB of storage.. 

ah damn, Is it an original model or one of the slim variants? My slim has held so strong for so long haha

On 3/2/2023 at 4:13 PM, Cancerebro said:

I've tried it on the web page and the mobile app. I've tried 3 different credit cards. Nothing works.

The website never works for me either. The app does sometimes. I get the best results just adding funds fron my PS4.

11 hours ago, zachpicc said:

ah damn, Is it an original model or one of the slim variants? My slim has held so strong for so long haha

The one I own now is a slim. The one my brother gave me was an original.