New firmware update?

poker_1987

I turned on my PS3 because I saw this thread, and sure enough... firmware version 4.90 has dropped. I have absolutely no idea what it does, since I can't find any information on what this patch does (or even that it exists) at present. Oddly enough, I checked my Vita and there is no firmware update for that system... yet.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, DanielTheManieI said:

Was hoping this update would remove the required QR code sign in for the PS3 they added last year, or at least fix it. I still can’t log in to PS3 to this day. 

The QR code isn't needed to login into PSN, it just redirects you to Sony website in order for you to setup a device password, I believe you can easily find posts or tutorials that explain step by step how to do it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DanielTheManieI said:

Was hoping this update would remove the required QR code sign in for the PS3 they added last year, or at least fix it. I still can’t log in to PS3 to this day. 

Don't use the QR code, Just go to the site and generate a device password manually.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DanielTheManieI said:

I’ve done that, I still get stuck in the generate password loop. Maybe I need to enable 2FA or something? 

Some people have reported that they did indeed have to turn 2FA on to get it to work. Your not supposed to need it turned on though, my alts certainly don't have it on.

5 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I had everything downloaded and installed within 5-8mins so I have no idea why it's taking so long for you 1f914.png.

As i was writing this, it went up the remaining 1%. I think it wanted me to rant about it before finishing.

2 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Are you still on the original hard drive?

No. I had my HDD replaced just recently.

1 minute ago, DanielTheManieI said:

Yup, I’ve done that and still in the loop. Maybe it’s a sign I don’t need to trophy hunt on PS3 lol. 

One of the times I had that problem, I cleared all existing passwords I had generated, shut down the PS3 completely, disconnected power for 10 seconds, then plugged in a retried and it worked on the first retry. I suspected it was a bit of a programming snafu, but haven't had a problem since so I didn't look more into it. But it's worth a shot since it all only took a couple minutes.

• Like 1