Server shutdown December, 8 2023

Gnillisch

13 hours ago, breakXedge said:

holy fucking shit! I'm missing only like 5k kills from 2012... I didn't had the will to complete it in 10 years, must do it in 9 months! LET'S A GO!

Jesus just why? Until 2018 or even later this game was really good playable due to a bigger playerbase than now. Since you already got all the awards i assume it would have been quite fun to do this. But now... probably way less fun. Haven't played this masterpiece in the last 5 years but i had a bunch of fun playing just 4 fun 6 years ago. I will still remember this game as my favorite BF game of all time and i'm definitely giving it a shot in june on its 15th anniversary.

Edited by westersburg
  • Like 2

Booted it up yesterday and at 2500 kills. 1/4 of the way there thanks to grinding this game two years ago. 

This is my white whale Platinum. Grinding out Far Cry 2 MP trophies and GRID Autosport last year has given me the motivation to finally go for this. I think this will be longest time to earn Platinum topping even GTA IV at 13 years. 

I just need 2 trophies, 10,000 kills and all the awards. The Russian helicopter glitch and Fly By award gives me pause but mostly every other award I can just boost between me and a friend or two. 

I'm gonna go for this.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, westersburg said:

Jesus just why? Until 2018 or even later this game was really good playable due to a bigger playerbase than now. Since you already got all the awards i assume it would have been quite fun to do this. But now... probably way less fun. Haven't played this masterpiece in the last 5 years but i had a bunch of fun playing just 4 fun 6 years ago. I will still remember this game as my favorite BF game of all time and i'm definitely giving it a shot in june on its 15th anniversary.

well... I just get bored of the game and moved on. Yeah, shame on me! haha

10 hours ago, HoorayForTyler said:

With a dedicated boosting group, the awards become trivial at best. The vehicle kills may be the one thing that give some trouble as the amount of vehicles on the maps are limited and everyone will be going for them. Most of your time will be spent racking up kills though. I was only sitting at around 2000-2500 kills by the time my boosting was over, to give you an idea.

The boosting can become a drag for sure, but very much doable with the time given. I wouldn’t even consider recommending someone start this game without a boosting group though. If someone decides to do this game without one…yikes. 

What's it like to get kills? Are the rounds decent enough to actually work towards it? 

I guess I would focus on the awards first and once they were done i'd probably aim for 100-150 kills a day or something.  

26 minutes ago, PortraitOfJondix said:

What's it like to get kills? Are the rounds decent enough to actually work towards it? 

I guess I would focus on the awards first and once they were done i'd probably aim for 100-150 kills a day or something.  

The poster isn't mentioning how bad the lifers and hackers are on this game, or how you can do 200 kills only for the server to crash and you lose all that progress. Even with 8 months left you still would have to play daily for at least 2 months to even come close to finishing this one. And spend at least 3 hours a day even trying to secure a lobby for boosting (which with only 2 active servers is nigh on impossible)

• Like 3

Situations like this always show how good it is for a multiplayer to have a bot option (like BF 2042 does). So in times when the game becomes (nearly) unplayable, you could easily enjoy the game against AI opponents. Going for 10.000 Kills would be a lot of fun then i guess.

• Like 3

I wish it got insta closed so the sad saps still no lifting this terrible fps would be cut off cold turkey. Enjoy boosting, you’ll have no hair left. Can’t imagine how bad it’ll be now that there will possibly be an influx of the “one last time” players. A few years ago when a group I was with tried, anytime we would get our own server it’d crash cuz it had less than the other open lobby or it would get flooded one minute in.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PortraitOfJondix said:

Boosting kills shouldn’t prove too difficult as there are some maps with insanely broken spawn points, allowing you to boost kills efficiently with a coordinated group. On some maps I had the entire enemy team spawning right in front of me over and over again. The game mode with the bomb objectives is the best for kills because if the objectives are left alone, the attacking (?) team can boost kills for a super long time. In my case, I had the help of a person with many, many alt accounts (R.I.P. Blackshirt), so I got my remaining 8000 or so kills over the span of a couple of days. I don’t recommend playing the game legit whatsoever for kills though, not worth it. 

2 hours ago, ResiGamer_28 said:

The poster isn't mentioning how bad the lifers and hackers are on this game, or how you can do 200 kills only for the server to crash and you lose all that progress. Even with 8 months left you still would have to play daily for at least 2 months to even come close to finishing this one. And spend at least 3 hours a day even trying to secure a lobby for boosting (which with only 2 active servers is nigh on impossible)

I obtained the platinum for this game back in July of 2021…as if I would know the current state of the game. Not a single time did I run into hackers in Bad Company multiplayer, so I have no clue how true that nonsense is, but there are 100% still lifers that will ruin boosting for groups. I will also confirm the last thing you mentioned:

The game can only be running 2 online games at any given time, so boosting coordination can prove to be super difficult. If two games are already running, and you end up creating a new lobby when you search for a game, it’s only a matter of time before you’re kicked to the main menu. It’s super inconvenient, and will probably end up causing problems with just getting a boosting session going for newcomers. Good luck to anyone who decides to do this game. Definitely not impossible to do with the time given, but not easy either. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Dry said:

There’s no way I’m going to take myself to hell and back for the BC1 platinum trophy, but I’m definitely gonna get around to grabbing as many unearned trophies as I can before server closure on December 8th. Booted the game early on in the goddamn pandemic but stopped playing for other games after reaching multiplayer rank 8, should’ve got myself to maximum rank those 2-3 years ago but whatever.

BC2 I already own the platinum from, I’ll very likely go for the Vietnam DLC trophies. All four Onslaught stages on hardcore difficulty? Maybe, maybe not.

1943 I’m also gonna get around to completing before late this year. There’s no platinum at the end of it but it’s the easiest of the three closing Battlefield entries, although playing 100 matches will no doubt be a grind.

If you have a turbo controller, you can get the 100 match trophy in like 2 nights while you sleep

You guys are not really selling it lol 

My main concern is the server crashing and glitching, I don't wanna pour hours in to be cheated out of it. I see there is a guy who has recently done almost all of the online trophies, might message and ask how it was. 

Edited by DaivRules

I think you all would be able to boost this with the given time. But the servers being bitchy can deter you from going for it. Man do they suck!

Your hardest trophies would be the one for obtaining all awards and the one for 10.002 kills, obviously.

Awards could be completed within a month of boosting given that you have an organized booosting group, you can fill up a lobby (24 players), and no lifers stand in your path. If you can achieve all this, the trophy is yours, guaranteed.

Same goes for the 10.002 kills trophy. Filling up a lobby is almost a must. But you can net 200-300 kills per day on your own if you are decent at this game (like me ?).

So get going!

On 22.3.2023 at 5:21 PM, HoorayForTyler said:

The game can only be running 2 online games at any given time, so boosting coordination can prove to be super difficult. If two games are already running, and you end up creating a new lobby when you search for a game, it’s only a matter of time before you’re kicked to the main menu. It’s super inconvenient, and will probably end up causing problems with just getting a boosting session going for newcomers. Good luck to anyone who decides to do this game. Definitely not impossible to do with the time given, but not easy either. 

As i am writing this there are 4 from the looks of it stable lobbies running ( checked with ealist ) with 2 of them full.

Edited by lhardwood

• 5 weeks later...

343267949_767210368237801_2731688217093774665_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=MhFo-edmQWUAX-8pyy-&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=03_AdQ6D6rJDj_jv3mhE0pfc2NT3UCGDAKW-8tIdf9zhGNpTQ&oe=646E1D89

Well, that was a hell of a grind and a stupid amount of hours. I'm lucky enough to have met some amazing boosters and we all went hard at it almost every day, regularly for 12-18 hours straight to keep the lobby locked. 

Yes, this plat is very much still doable, for now. But if you are just starting and have never played the game I probably wouldn't recommend it tbh, unless you really, really want it, there's a lot of work involved and the grind hits you hard. 

• Like 1

To me it's always funny people crawling out of the woodwork at the last minute to go for a plat where the servers are closing. The game has been out since 2008 and now people are panicking lol.

Not trying to be a dick but it is kinda hilarious. I never understood this mentality especially with this game going since 2008.

Anyways good luck and I hope you keep your hair and you blood pressure stays normal. This boost can be very rage inducing and very frustrating.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

To me it's always funny people crawling out of the woodwork at the last minute to go for a plat where the servers are closing. The game has been out since 2008 and now people are panicking lol.

Not trying to be a dick but it is kinda hilarious. I never understood this mentality especially with this game going since 2008.

Anyways good luck and I hope you keep your hair and you blood pressure stays normal. This boost can be very rage inducing and very frustrating.

I don't see the issue with a deadline motivating gamers to take on the challenge and be among the last to ever get this platinum.

BC1 came out in 2008 an era of MW and WaW then in 2009 we got Killzone 2 and 2010 BC2, it's more strange to me that people would play BC1 over those legendary FPS games during that time. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PortraitOfJondix said:

I don't see the issue with a deadline motivating gamers to take on the challenge and be among the last to ever get this platinum.

BC1 came out in 2008 an era of MW and WaW then in 2009 we got Killzone 2 and 2010 BC2, it's more strange to me that people would play BC1 over those legendary FPS games during that time. 

I just find it funny I never said I had an issue with it. I don't really care how people spend their time at the end of the day. Also strange you would put extra stress on yourself by waiting last minute with an already hard plat. What is funny to me is that it's been out 15 years and now all of a sudden everyone wants the plat.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, PatinumNumemon said:

I think the issue is there are so many games that people want to play, and so many people that have started trophy hunting as a hobby throughout the years that the server shutdowns is the only time they can get the platinum in time. A lot of people also vary in age and financial situations. Back in 2013 I was a little 12 year old with no money to my name, so how could I ever get the platinum to Homefront, a game with servers open from 2011 to 2013? Now it's 2023, I'm 22 with my own job and income coming in, so now I can buy these games I missed 13 years ago and play them.

I personally think the argument of "you had X years, you shouldn't have waited so long" falls flat when you consider there's people joining the hobby as time goes on. Imagine making that argument to a 6 year old who might become a future trophy hunter saying "you had 15 years." Maybe my position on this doesn't hold up itself when we are talking about these games like Bad Company, but games like Homefront and Knockout City I feel this is absolutely the case.

I think what we all can agree on is we are all of different ages, financial situations and free time. We all can not play every game that ever has been made or ever will be made, and we all can not earn every platinum for every game, especially online games, so we should all pick and choose what games we will decide to play and/or platinum. If someone decides they want to platinum Bad Company even 15 years after release and in the middle of its server shutdown that is fine. If someone has been unable to platinum the game even after 15 years due to financial situation, free time or even age, that is fine too.

Well I was referring to people in the hobby that are adults not kids so yeah they would have had time. The game has also been dirt cheap for ages so that leaves the free time factor which would be even weirder to wait until last minute when you don't have time to begin with.

Idk why I would refer to children that shouldn't be playing games like this in the first place. Also your argument that new trophy hunters would go and play any PS3 game let alone one like this is unrealistic, I think they would be the very smallest minority in BC instead they would be on the PS5 obviously.

But anyways I'm sticking with my initial post. I also never said I had any problem with people playing old games did I? 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

Well I was referring to people in the hobby that are adults not kids so yeah they would have had time. The game has also been dirt cheap for ages so that leaves the free time factor which would be even weirder to wait until last minute when you don't have time to begin with.

Idk why I would refer to children that shouldn't be playing games like this in the first place. Also your argument that new trophy hunters would go and play any PS3 game let alone one like this is unrealistic, I think they would be the very smallest minority in BC instead they would be on the PS5 obviously.

But anyways I'm sticking with my initial post. I also never said I had any problem with people playing old games did I? 

I think it's more likely that there's so many games with not enough free time that some trophy hunters take a break from what they're working on to make it a higher priority when that absolute deadline drops.  

But honestly at this point, anything with ps3 online should be at the top of the list.

Edit

The problem is when they whine about missing out or complain about how the evil Sony (even if it's not sony) is shutting down more 10+ year old games lol

Edited by AJ_-_808

2 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

I think it's more likely that there's so many games with not enough free time that some trophy hunters take a break from what they're working on to make it a higher priority when that absolute deadline drops.  

But honestly at this point, anything with ps3 online should be at the top of the list.

Edit

The problem is when they whine about missing out or complain about how the evil Sony (even if it's not sony) is shutting down more 10+ year old games lol

Yeah I agree on that, the PS3 is on life support at this point.

2 hours ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

Hey now, I was playing video games at a very young age, its always a possibility ? my parents also did not care about maturity for the most part, and I'm sure most parents nowadays would care much less than what they did years ago. I do see your point about them being on a PS5 now, but my argument against that is there is a lot of PS3 games that aren't available on PS4/PS5, so the only place to go is PS3. 

2 hours ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

I also never said I had any problem with people playing old games did I? 

Oh no, I wasn't trying to imply that ? I'm sorry if it came off like that