Trophy thoughts? General game thoughts?

The_Kopite

Obviously this is everyone's favourite FF game from I-VI so clearly the excitement for this is through the roof!

Cid!

Chocobos!

The unique never before done again battle system!

Who's with me?!

(Disclaimer - there may be slight sarcasm/jokeyness in this post. This is not the OP's favourite FF of I-VI. However all FF's are awesome in their own way.?)

• Like 1

I remember as a kid I played lots of FF2 on PS1 and never ended up finishing the game because it started to be harder and harder for me at the time. I was a kid with barely any access with internet, so I did not even really understand the leveling up system and how to raise stats.

I would probably go for it again maybe just for the sake of ending it and nostalgia.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure some locations like dungeons are missable as well.

1 hour ago, The_Kopite said:

Bestiary entries, chests, passwords and 1 location.

Only FFI of the 6 in this pixel remaster collection doesn't have any missables I believe.

EDIT - Might as well mention that 6 of us are working on Trophy Guides and Walkthroughs for the 6 Pixel Remaster games and so the walkthrough for this like all others in the collection will make sure that will obtain all potential missable bestiary entries, chests etc etc. 

Watch out for them!

Awesome! When can we expect to see the guides?

Edited by FulgidoLucio
  • Like 1

I love this game... I don't get the hate. There's tricks to make leveling up a breeze. You don't actually have to use skills to gain XP if I remember correctly (been 10 years since my last playthrough)

Plus this version has stuff like XP bonuses, no random encounters and whatnot to make it easier for those who don't like the combat and leveling system.

I would prefer another FF2 than play the Devil May Cry clone they are calling 16...

Edited by Spraragen88

9 hours ago, The_Kopite said:

@FulgidoLucio As soon as is possible! We have all been preparing for them before the release on PS4 and everyone has caste 'Hastega' on each other to help speed up the process! lol

Wouldn't only one person need to cast Hastega rather than everyone, since it grants Haste to all party members? ;)

• Like 2

On 4/18/2023 at 6:32 PM, Darth_Krid said:

Wouldn't only one person need to cast Hastega rather than everyone, since it grants Haste to all party members? ;)

But wouldn't it stop working once the battle (guide milestone) is done? So they take turns. ?

On 18.4.2023 at 5:05 PM, Spraragen88 said:

I love this game... I don't get the hate. There's tricks to make leveling up a breeze. You don't actually have to use skills to gain XP if I remember correctly (been 10 years since my last playthrough)

Plus this version has stuff like XP bonuses, no random encounters and whatnot to make it easier for those who don't like the combat and leveling system.

I would prefer another FF2 than play the Devil May Cry clone they are calling 16...

Take that back with 16 ??

• Like 2

On 4/20/2023 at 2:50 PM, ThatMuttGuy said:

I refuse to believe that Goblin Prince exists. Over an hour searching for him, and I've had 6 sergeants spawn. Wtf

Try completely unequipping your party members and then farming for fights again. I read that on another forum, tried it, and Goblin Prince was then my first fight. Not sure if I just got lucky or not, but it's worth trying.

This game just wants you to not have fun lol. You are incentivized to have your mage (in my case it's Maria) naked with no armor due to the magic interference penalty on armor pieces, its also very desirable to equip double shields on everyone from the beginning so that you focus on getting their evasion levelled up, and the whole skill levelling system is just tedious, and I say that as someone who plays FF14. I wanted to see if my thoughts on this game would somehow change with time but no, it's still the same lol. 

With that being said, I still applaud FF2 for taking a risk and wanting to try something new and different, but to me at least the systems it has in place don't really mesh well with a turn-based combat game. Like I don't mind the skill levelling system in Elder Scrolls games for example. Also the fact that it's the game where they kind of introduced 'builds' or the idea that you can make any of the three main characters whatever you want them to be (like have Firion as a physical attacker with white support spells or have him act like RDM). It's paved the way for some things in the series so I'm still grateful for what it's accomplished. There's definitely some FF magic underneath all the things I don't like about FF2 so I'm just gonna push through to the end and get the platinum. 

Edited by PostGameBlues