Whole trophy system needs redesign

poker_1987

51 minutes ago, poker_1987 said:

Trophies should loose points on how many achievers they have. Bonus points for first achievers etc

That's an awful idea. Not everyone wants to buy games full price on release, some of us like to wait for sales and price drops, that would just exclude people and benefit those who have money to burn. Totally unfair

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, LadyGallethX3 said:

Im not rich I cant get all my games on release day to be a first achiever or have games early to beat others.

Even if you were rich, it wouldn't help you much when you'd have to battle all the people that get games weeks before they're released to the people that actually pay for them.

• Like 3

The only redesign I'd like to see is limiting trophy points based on the game's price. I don't think there were any $5 PSN games with platinums on PS3. Ratalaika and others that offer 11 golds and a plat in 15 minutes really warped the whole trophy system.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sikutai said:

To do this, we would first have to ban the Review Cheaters and, incomprehensibly, hardly any of the members want that.

Supported mostly by the Reviewers themselves it seems.

3 hours ago, tom_waits said:

The only redesign I'd like to see is limiting trophy points based on the game's price. I don't think there were any $5 PSN games with platinums on PS3. Ratalaika and others that offer 11 golds and a plat in 15 minutes really warped the whole trophy system.

That won't work since I've seen many AAA games on sale go as far as 85% off during a sale (I know because that's when I usually end up buying them)

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, poker_1987 said:

Trophies should loose points on how many achievers they have. Bonus points for first achievers etc

So bloodborne, gta v, and the God of war games deserve lower points than some random guess the Spain quiz silver edition because more people have those platinums than the random garbage? I'm sorry I just don't see a good way this would work, it would only discredit the effort put into more popular games

• Like 1

If your plan was to stir up a controversial take then congratulations, you definitely got the ball rolling. With that being said, I think the trophy system is fine the way it is. If you wanna redesign the trophy system maybe come up with a better idea rather than making it worse than it already is. 

• Like 1