Summer 2023 Backlog Challenge

Just now, GraniteSnake said:

Hey @MidnightDragon I'd like to sign up! Skipped the spring challenge but I'm back at home now and back to normal gaming hours. Need to start showing my PS5 some love! My list is as follows:

• Control (PS5) - 31%
  • Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS4) - 21%
  • DiRT 5 (PS5) - 0%
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II (PS5) - 0%
  • Kona (PS5) - 0%

Added. Best of luck!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vulpine9Tails said:

What the heck I'll join. Only attempting 5 games since FFXVI is out soon. I'm not adding it to my list as I don't want to rush through it. 

My list being:

1) Cat Quest 2 - 0%

2) Ty the Tasmanian Tiger - 0%

3) Meow Motors - 0%

4) Hogwarts Legacy - 10%

5) Evoland - 40%

I've actually been wanting to play Hogwarts again so hopefully I don't push it off like I did during the Spring challenge. I'm also doing the animal charity event on this site so I wanted to include three animal games that I know I can complete so I can get a badge there.  

Added. Glad you decided to. :) 

• Like 3

On 6/20/2023 at 0:23 AM, Taruta13 said:
  • Final Fantasy IV :platinum:
  • Final Fantasy V :platinum:
  • Final Fantasy VI (51% => 91% => 100%) :platinum:
  • World of Final Fantasy (12%)
  • Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (7%) Kingdom Hearts III (13%)

SWAPS: 1

> Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age => Kingdom Hearts III

Unfortunately, I failed to get the FFVI platinum. I did get every other trophy but the Wayward Adventurer did not pop. I panicked... and my fears were realized.

I missed a damn Chocobo Stable in the WORLD OF BALANCE.

I do have a save before going to the Floating Continent, but it really angers me that I have to redo the entire World of Ruin up to Kefka's Tower, including all the hidden dungeons, because I missed a damn stable in the WoB. To be fair, I dodged a lot of bullets in the Pixel Remasters for Wayward Adventurer, so if I ended up failing that trophy, it was gonna be in FFVI because there are so many darn locations and you have to enter every chocobo stable. ?

I am demotivated to go through half the game again so I am putting that down for now and working on games I have to get to work on like my #200(Kingdom Hearts III) and FFXIV, which is more fun. Once I detox, I will try to just speedrun World of Ruin. :(

EDIT: Well, that's done. Turns out I didn't need to revisit every place in the World of Ruin, I just had to hit that Chocobo Stable in the World of Balance(it was next to Tzen) and one that was sneakily hidden south of Phoenix Cave in the World of Ruin and the trophy popped. Seriously, this game is very trolly with the missables. But at least I can now say that I am done with Pixel Remasters... unless Square-Enix decided to remaster the six Dragon Quest games in the same way because Dragon Quest is my first love. xD

I don't have to use a swap on FFVI, which is good as I decided to use my first swap on FFXII because I realize that platinuming the Zodiac Age, even with 4x speed(which I can't trust as I might run into encounters by accident) is going to take months, especially since the Concurrences are even more RNG than the Joker's Death as I can't hit the right moves to save my life. So instead, I'm going to swap in my planned 200th platinum, Kingdom Hearts III, as that milestone is deserved for one of my favorite series. ^_^

Edited by Taruta13
  • Like 4