Xbox Is Cracking Down On Easy Achievements

sepheroithisgod

9 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

if you're not smart enough to get into an Ivy League college.. u go to a regular college.. can't get into college either.. u go to a community college... u don't change the criteria of the Ivy League college so everyone can get in

in the real world there are varying options for ppl who have different... qualities/abilities

Exactly we do agree. In the real world, there are alternatives and different paths to pursue. And that is exactly the problem I am addressing. We have no alternative for leaderboards. The way points are being earned is completely different. To such an extreme point that they are not comparable.

Imagine a baseball player on steroids hits a home run, then one not juiced does the same. They both hit HRs but by very different means.

Imagine someone beats Super Mario 64 with 120 stars in an hr blindfolded versus another player who beats it with 16 stars in 10 min with their eyes. They both beat the game but by very different means.

I could list thousands of examples of this, but I think it's pretty clear. There are several ways to get the same results, and building leaderboards with different criteria, which you also seem to support, makes perfect sense to support different ways of playing.

16 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

and as I said in my previous post... I'm all for having other types of leaderboards.. but u (not SPECIFICALLY u).. ok lets say people... people shouldn't shame ppl who play the meta for points just because they can't/won't compete for points 

there's nothing wrong with having differences of opinion.. or trying to advocate change from undesirable situations... but is it necessary to insult others to do it?

again.. that last part isn't directed at u specifically.... but there are many wanna be elitists on here who do exactly that. 

I see what you're saying and agree, that while I don't look positively at Shovelware titles, I don't think it's cool to belittle people who do.

6 hours ago, SpaceIsDandy said:

And you are the one to decide that? I guess Visual novels are fine to ban? After all who is seriously playing things like Doki doki on ps5 in 2023 for anything but the trophies? If anybody really wanted to play that game they would have done it on the platform it was designed for in the half decade its been out and talked about (ignoring the fact that the only twist in that game is as known if not more known than the game itself).

You also conveniently ignore the part of my question about what used to be called shovelware vs what is today. People called Ratalakia games shovelware but most of them are actual games with mechanics that non shovelware games have. I would not have touched Pinball Heros if it didnt have trophies (1/10, 1 hour, 81% platinum) but I hate pinball so its shovelware? even if someone could play it because they like pinball?

You've not played Doki Doki to call it shovelware.

The rata games look retro so a lot of people tend to lump them in with shovelware. Old =crap to some people. There are some good games from them especially recently. I do however think the trophy lists and stacks they do for them are a joke.

If you can't tell what is and isn't shovelware then I dunno what else to say to you

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

trophies aren’t an online feature. It’s a system feature. Syncing them is the online component. 

Are people ever going to fuck off with this dumb tired ass topic? “Oh no my digital picture collection isn’t valuable to others because some other people’s digital picture collection was easier to get 1f62d.png1f62d.png1f62d.png1f62d.png

no it isn’t valuable to others because nobody gives a shit about you or your list.

I'm not saying it is an online component, I'm saying that Sony can take out trophies if they like, like they can take out the online component of a game or whatever... I'm not saying that they are related.

The main issue with these types of games on Xbox is that they have a no questions asked refund policy. Therefor, people can buy the 'game', get the achievements, then refund it in under two hours, getting all their money back and keeping the unlocked achievements.

2 minutes ago, turniplord said:

The main issue with these types of games on Xbox is that they have a no questions asked refund policy. Therefor, people can buy the 'game', get the achievements, then refund it in under two hours, getting all their money back and keeping the unlocked achievements.

That's not entirely true, they look at your achievements, and if you've earned a good fraction of them, they'll deny the refund. It's mentioned in reviews on some game's store pages, where some people were annoyed because they'd frontload the achievement list to make it seemed like you had played most of the content, and therefore weren't eligible for a refund. 

1 hour ago, DeepEyes7 said:

I'm not saying it is an online component, I'm saying that Sony can take out trophies if they like, like they can take out the online component of a game or whatever... I'm not saying that they are related.

No they can’t. It’s a hardware feature. The last time they removed something like that, despite even fewer using it, and despite the update removing it tell you it was removing it (Other OS), they got sued and lost.

trophies are advertised on game cases. It’s a selling point of the system itself. They can shut off the syncing servers, but you’ll still be able to unlock them locally. They can’t remove that. 

• Like 1

I think Sony, being the massive company that it is, only cares about money and business so I doubt they would do this.

But I think it would be good, then the psn store can get a nice clean up with all the junk that seems to have made its way in there

I'll settle for a hide/ignore item option. Don't care if people want to indulge on their trophy count, but there's too much clutter on PS store and hurts discovery. When your digital storefront is such a chore that I have to resort to 3rd party sites then something's wrong.

Edited by Gxgear

On 5/27/2023 at 4:10 AM, Alos88 said:

The only thing left they could have do is literal autoplats- pretty animated wallpapers with trophies attached. But given the crackdown on these types of 'games' from both major players I'd say we've averted that.

Believe it or not we reached that point long ago:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1793-aabs-animals

• Like 1

On 5/26/2023 at 0:59 PM, oswald41 said:

That's stupid don't need to be a cry baby about it also I don't care about leaderboards on here so it says you're a cheater removal team I've cheated on a bunch of games I'm steal on the leaderboard only game I got flagged for was fuel

I'm sorry the self report was probably the most hilarious thing I've seen in a good while.?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, shadaik said:

In fairness, that was (supposedly) a charity thing.

Just remembered: This wasn't: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/13585-tokyo-run

That is an endless runner where you cannot die and all trophies are for  collecting coins, so just starting the game and waiting for a bit will give you all trophies

Or, if you feel like tolerating slightly more effort by tapping an autoplay button: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6647-its-spring-again

• 2 months later...
On 6/9/2023 at 12:42 AM, Valzentia said:

Believe it or not we reached that point long ago:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1793-aabs-animals

Man ten dollars for this; from doing trophy hunting at ps3/vita days i can tell this was low and expensive AF

Not even games like mini ninjas, or terminator salvation cost that, and even those have a certain grade of fun

On 6/9/2023 at 1:04 AM, shadaik said:

Or, if you feel like tolerating slightly more effort by tapping an autoplay button: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6647-its-spring-again

In all fairness, It's Spring Again was an intentionally small, relatively short art game. If you were playing it "properly" it would take a year.

• Like 1