Trophy Hunters League - Season 41 underway!

Lol I gathered they were American football teams, but to be honest I know nothing of the sport, apart from the word "superbowl"!

Still don't understand that even, am I right in thinking that those teams aren't even the 2 top sides?

I always look at them as miniature Rugby players in padding and helmets, it is a rough and tough sport though just not one I am into (I like most barring the 3 main American ones and Golf)!!

Me3lingual, still no luck with your console?

Unfortunately, no.  It won't play any game long enough to even think of going for a trophy.  And in order to avoid sitting in front of it and continuously pressing the power button when it keeps shutting off, I keep it on all the time.  The only thing it's good for is sending and receiving messages from people.  I am saving up for a new one, but if I don't have it by the end of the season, I will leave the competition.  There's no sense staying in if I don't have a way to compete, especially when there are people who want to play.

So sensing a yay for the idea of a champions league and fa cup. With a bit of help (volunteers please :) ) I think it can be done. Like I said before, it would run aside thie current league and so therefore in a sense you'll be playing against 3 opponents at the same time (just to keep you on your toes). Who knows someone might win the treble

Still don't understand that even, am I right in thinking that those teams aren't even the 2 top sides?

The top team from each side (conference) play in the Super Bowl at the end of the year after the top 6 teams from each conf compete in the playoffs. We're in week 6 of the 17 regular season weeks ATM. My main team is actually the 49ers since I grew up about 2.5 hrs from San Francisco, but I've been in Houston for 8+ years now, so I root for them as well. I've hated the Cowboys for a long long time doods, and being this close hasn't done anything to change that. :)

Yeah Americans, quit being confusing, can we have it in English please LOL!!

Lol, you guys are the ones with like 8 different levels(leagues?) of "professional" ->soccer<- =O We have one league, with 32 teams, much more straightforward. =P Edited by Hemiak

The top team from each side (conference) play in the Super Bowl at the end of the year after the top 6 teams from each conf compete in the playoffs. We're in week 6 of the 17 regular season weeks ATM. My main team is actually the 49ers since I grew up about 2.5 hrs from San Francisco, but I've been in Houston for 8+ years now, so I root for them as well. I've hated the Cowboys for a long long time doods, and being this close hasn't done anything to change that. :)

Lol, you guys are the ones with like 8 different levels(leagues?) of "professional" ->soccer<- =O We have one league, with 32 teams, much more straightforward. =P

We only have 4 leagues of Professional, but yeah, we have 92 "League" teams split 20,24,24,24. But you have, as an average, what .6 teams to a state? We like 2-6 teams per County.

And we do have several Semi-Pro and part-time leagues. 

Edited by Precision-Playy

So sensing a yay for the idea of a champions league and fa cup. With a bit of help (volunteers please :) ) I think it can be done. Like I said before, it would run aside thie current league and so therefore in a sense you'll be playing against 3 opponents at the same time (just to keep you on your toes). Who knows someone might win the treble

Happy to help. Have you thought about formats yet? Would love to keep the FA Cup as a completely random (unseeded) draw apart from who gets a bye in the first round.

If you want the CL to be inclusive it could look something like: 

1: Play-in round to establish groups (8 groups of 4)

2-4: Group phase

5: Round of 16

6: QF

7: SF

8: F

or maybe something closer to the way EURO has been before 2016. 16 teams determined somehow (Best 16 total scores in the previous season?).

------

Also, to add to the confusion of American football going on in this thread, Canada has its own league (with different rules) which, for about 90 years, had 2 teams (out of 9!) named "Roughriders". One was "Roughriders", the other was "Rough Riders"... yeah... :unsure:

Happy to help. Have you thought about formats yet? Would love to keep the FA Cup as a completely random (unseeded) draw apart from who gets a bye in the first round.

or maybe something closer to the way EURO has been before 2016. 16 teams determined somehow (Best 16 total scores in the previous season?).

------

Also, to add to the confusion of American football going on in this thread, Canada has its own league (with different rules) which, for about 90 years, had 2 teams (out of 9!) named "Roughriders". One was "Roughriders", the other was "Rough Riders"... yeah... :unsure:

Would love for it to incorporate the ranking system if you could. Maybe for the FA Cup display the fixtures like so (based off of current rankings)

[2] Precision-Playy VS [30] silverstag88

So to show the seedings of the players. Also as for who gets byes in FA Cup, you could do it 2 ways:

• 14 random players drawn from hat (more fair)
  • Top 14 seeded players in either S4 rankings, or overall rankings, i would recommend S4 as in real life, it is the Top seeded clubs that get byes.

Maybe also don't call it the Football Association Cup, But maybe the Trophy Hunters Knock-out Cup or something along those lines. So THKO Cup (or something similer), rather than FA Cup.

As for Champions league, i feel it should definately be the top 14 ranks from the end of Season Ranking that do not have to Qualify for the Group stage. Also when drawing the groups i think it should be drawn out realistically, whereby the higher players are grouped together and drawn out first, then the other players are grouped and drawn out.

It is definately something i would be happy to support and follow and will be happy to include Gdocs on the homepage, but i will want positive reviews after a season, as i fear that some players may find it just too much to follow. If we only had one though, i would prefer for you to do Champions league, due to the diversity of the tournament :)

PP

I think it is an awesome idea dude for one massive reason - if you are playing 3 opponents at once for instance and 1 of them is inactive, you would still have to go all out to try and win your other matches!! Would push people to all sorts of new high scores/records etc!!

• Like 1

Would love for it to incorporate the ranking system if you could. Maybe for the FA Cup display the fixtures like so (based off of current rankings)

So to show the seedings of the players. Also as for who gets byes in FA Cup, you could do it 2 ways:

• Top 14 seeded players in either S4 rankings, or overall rankings, i would recommend S4 as in real life, it is the Top seeded clubs that get byes.

Maybe also don't call it the Football Association Cup, But maybe the Trophy Hunters Knock-out Cup or something along those lines. So THKO Cup (or something similer), rather than FA Cup.

As for Champions league, i feel it should definately be the top 14 ranks from the end of Season Ranking that do not have to Qualify for the Group stage. Also when drawing the groups i think it should be drawn out realistically, whereby the higher players are grouped together and drawn out first, then the other players are grouped and drawn out.

It is definately something i would be happy to support and follow and will be happy to include Gdocs on the homepage, but i will want positive reviews after a season, as i fear that some players may find it just too much to follow. If we only had one though, i would prefer for you to do Champions league, due to the diversity of the tournament :)

PP

For the knockout cup it would be most fair to use some sort of randomizer

I used this site for it http://challonge.com/tournaments/bracket_generator?ref=NkR5WuqEOJ

I just put everyones name in the list and this site just randomized everyone into matches.

PP

Absolutely. We're thinking along the same lines. Mimic existing structures in the real world as closely as we can.

FA Cup: Top 14 from S4 recieve a 1st round bye. Otherwise, a completely random draw (I like the idea of using the THL ranking as a reference, lets you see the real David/Goliath match-ups).

CL: Either top 14 straight to the group, or the top 14 highest scorers from S4. Seeded group draw (4 pots). Just for reference, how far does UEFA CL go seeding draws? I seem to recall it being round of 16 or the quarterfinals. 

What about Listing Nationality in the Champions League Draw to add a different flavour to the competition?

Eg. BraveNoobWorld (CAN)

It's probably not necessary, but to avoid any griping about draws favouring x, we could go double-blind lottery. One person uses a randomizer to assign a number or letter code to each person by pot. The other uses a randomizer to assign the letter codes to groups. Both post the results at the same time in the thread and we all rush to see who's playing who. Almost like a proper cup draw.

For the knockout cup it would be most fair to use some sort of randomizer

I used this site for it http://challonge.com/tournaments/bracket_generator?ref=NkR5WuqEOJ

I just put everyones name in the list and this site just randomized everyone into matches.

Man, I wish I knew about this site earlier. I've always done draws like this with random.org. Not too fond of that mock draw though.  :blink:

Edited by BraveNoobWorld

Man, I wish I knew about this site earlier. I've always done draws like this with random.org. Not too fond of that mock draw though.  :blink:

The gaming tourneys i joined with League of Legends and Call of Duty used this site.

I really liked this site because its really easy to use and you have to put in 0 effort in making this.

My GOALS for the 2014 has been set few minutes ago!

3 months, and a lot to do!

3333 Total Thropies                           513 to GO                                               Get Promotion to Platinum League  NOW Silver League

20 PSN LEVEL                                  NOW 18 and 77%                                   800 position in country ranking          NOW 1045

400 games on profile                         NOW 374                                                 Get rank D                                          NOW E

50 completed games                         NOW 34                                                   30% completion                                 NOW 26,72%

40 Platinums                                      NOW 29

Edited by ganryu_pl

or maybe something closer to the way EURO has been before 2016. 16 teams determined somehow (Best 16 total scores in :

The Fa cup (or Trophy hunters knockout cup) would be straight forward knockout, although given the number (50 to 25?)like you guys have said a first round bi makes sense, at least for the first round. We could do it with ranking. And then random from then on.

For the Champions League ( or League of Legendary Trophy Hunters) I was thinking more of using the existing format, but taking the top 4 in each division (bar the manganese league) . Then either random group selection or seeding will do, whichever one requires the least effort :P I hope that makes a bit of sense. I'll be writing a full page on both tourneys near seasons end as both of the above won't start until, next season. Also because I want this to run alongside this league the format of the knockout cup and Legendary Trophy Hunters will be semi dependant on the format that precision decides for next season.

You have already lost if you are going in with a Shampuru army xD How is Mug.....*feels a little vomit coming up* ......Mugen souls going dood?

Haven't played in a couple of weeks due to all of the college crap that I have to deal with. Last I checked I am still around 150,000/1,002,000 Shampuru to collect. Thankfully, starting Oct. 20 I will have a week off from college so I will definitely be getting plenty of hours in.

I recently picked up F1 2012 for £5 and grabbed a few trophies in the last fixture. I been using this break to work my way through the career and online co-op to try and get the more time consuming trophies out of the way.

I would like to say I would come out swinging next fixture but I'm working the nightshift this week, I'd be lucky to get an hour of gaming done until Friday... And Borderlands The Pre-Sequel is out too this week :(