NFS Most Wanted Remake Coming in 2024

kidson2004

Genuinely disappointing it's not Underground but I understand times have moved on since then. I think a modernised version of The Run, akin to The Crew 2 (but not crap), would be nice. PS5 exclusive and really push the console to the limits. Maybe the next instalment ... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UNLEADED_BRONZE said:

Wouldn't not have been fitting releasing it in 2025 marking that XX/20/Twenty year anniversary?

Since launch

Are you saying it has been almost 20 years since I played it?! I dunno what I have been doing with my life?

1 hour ago, GUDGER666 said:

Remaster of which one, original or remake? Must be the remake (2012)

I always see people saying Remaster Underground. While I would like it, the game is just too old and outdated for a Remaster imo. It would need a remake. 

Marking 10/X/Ten years of (2012)

Title

With Criterion Games on board

RIP EA BLACKBOX

Edited by UNLEADED_BRONZE

Ohhhhh boy oh boy. They're playing with fire now. This is my all time favorite racing game by far, and in order for a Remake to work it has to be completely and utterly faithful to the original in every way. The issue with this...is this game came from a very different, very special generation for Arcade racing games...Gen 6! Gen 6 wasn't like a lot of the mediocrity we have today, where you can't drive properly if you don't perfectly drift around turns (I absolutely hate how much drifting has become a mainstay). No this game had buttery smooth, tight, precise controls where you could whip around a turn going full speed (or just slowing down a bit). And yes I have played it on PS2 pretty recently so it's fresh in my mind again just how incredible it still is...the only issue playing it now are the graphics are kind of bad...not in a "of course they are, it's the PS2" kind of way...it's more about how blurry things are to look at now (and that's with me using Composite Cables on a softmodded PS2 that can upscale to 720p).

So color me a little worried. I DID NOT like the 2012 Criterion take on Most Wanted...so I absolutely want NONE of that. If they can some how figure out to keep the integrity of the gameplay Black Box built to near perfection, in place without changing anything...then great. The only thing I want modernized are the graphics and the controls (such as using R2 to accelerate instead of X). If this feels anything like a modern NFS, or a modern racer in general....then it's DOA for me immediately. 

EDIT: Unless this is just for the 2012 MW, in that case I couldn't care less. But this seems confusing, the Twitter image is definitely stylized like 2005. 

Edited by Viper
  • Like 2

I would prefer the option of them making a new game as it should be rather than doing a remake of an existing game. Most Wanted was (and still is) a great game, but it's still a 10+ year old game. A lot has changed in the world of cars since then, and I see no reason why not to take advantage of that and make a quality new title.

Guys, Simone Bailly is the voice actress of the good Most Wanted (2005) not the unworthy 2012 reboot. We are talking about a remake of the original here, since she has always been in favor of doing that. Dean McKenzie and her have stated in a reunion in early 2021, that they would always be on board for that. Only question is: Did EA shut her down (deleted the post) or was she just spreading some hopium and made that up, because she wants a remake herself.

All the people out here saying Undergound would be the better choice. Fan Favorite NFS was always split between Underground 2 and Most Wanted 2005 so we can agree, that this would be at least the 2nd best game for a rerelease.

14 hours ago, CelestialRequiem said:

So a remake, not a remaster?

Uh well, the original one (from the sixth generation of consoles) still plays fine today.

I disagree. I played Most Wanted on PC initally and tried the ps2 version in 2010 for the first time. It was really disappointing. The Xbox 360 (7th generation) version is fine and holds up kinda well. This is probably one of the reasons, why this game could be getting a remake or remaster, since it's a bit less of a technical leap. This game was cross gen (6/7) while Underground 1 and 2 were only 6th gen. Most wanted was a huge jump from the 2004 underground 2 technically. While i get, that people would love to see an underground 2 remake (big variety of race modes, the "illegal street racing vibe" and amazing car customization), i still think that Most wanted had the better package overall (Best cop chases in a game to this day, good story for a racing game, exciting races and still decent customization)

Even if they do a remake, I'd rather play the original MW on PC, the version that I know and love. If given choice, I'd prefer a remaster (alongside Burnout 3 and Revenge) with no gameplay or content changes.

I don't know if I'm in the minority on this, but the idea of an NFS remake is a bit sad to me. The series peaked in 2005, and a lot of racing fans would rather play a MW remake/remaster then a potential new game at this point. No one expects an NFS game to match the PS2 titles anymore, and the devs most definitely know. Everyone picks the safe option now.

Maybe I should just try to look at it more positively. EA has had a good remake recently, which is Dead Space. People seem to be satisfied. 

13 hours ago, RangyRV said:

Are you saying it has been almost 20 years since I played it?! I dunno what I have been doing with my life1f62c.png

The 2012 game is 11 years old too ?. Where does the time go, I don't remember time travelling.

Edited by Slava
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Slava said:

Even if they do a remake, I'd rather play the original MW on PC, the version that I know and love. If given choice, I'd prefer a remaster (alongside Burnout 3 and Revenge) with no gameplay or content changes.

I don't know if I'm in the minority on this, but the idea of an NFS remake is a bit sad to me. The series peaked in 2005, and a lot of racing fans would rather play a MW remake/remaster then a potential new game at this point. No one expects an NFS game to match the PS2 titles anymore, and the devs most definitely know. Everyone picks the safe option now.

Maybe I should just try to look at it more positively. EA has had a good remake recently, which is Dead Space. People seem to be satisfied. 

Surely it's a shame that this series peaked so long ago and couldn't come close to that since then. Of course you can still have a good time with the original ones (especially on pc) but i would love to have trophies for these games that shaped my childhood. Carbon and pro street were trophyless on ps3 and Most Wanted never released for ps3 in the first place. Xbox 360 achievement list of that game was pretty boring (15 achievements: 1 for beating each blacklist racer, you didn't even have to finish the final pursuit lol), i think i made a fanmade trophy list like 12-15 years ago.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, westersburg said:

Surely it's a shame that this series peaked so long ago and couldn't come close to that since then. Of course you can still have a good time with the original ones (especially on pc) but i would love to have trophies for these games that shaped my childhood. Carbon and pro street were trophyless on ps3 and Most Wanted never released for ps3 in the first place. Xbox 360 achievement list of that game was pretty boring (15 achievements: 1 for beating each blacklist racer, you didn't even have to finish the final pursuit lol), i think i made a fanmade trophy list like 12-15 years ago.

Found it :D

Bronze

On the run

Escape the police for the very first time, using a hiding spot

Busted!

Get arrested

Sweet Revenge

Destroy Sgt Cross during a police chase

Broken Gear

Win a Drag Race without Shifting above the 4th gear

I won’t pay that toll

Finish a toolbooth checkpoint race with more than a minute left

Need for Speed

Pass a speedtrap with 350 km/h or more

You walk free

Use a boss card after you’ve been arrested

Unique

Install a junkman part in one of your cars

First I’m gonna take your car…

Get the pinkslip of one of the blacklist racers

I want to BREAK free

Empty the whole speedbreaker bar in one go

Lumber Jack

Destroy a police car with a tree trunk

You win some, you lose some

Your car has been confiscated by the police

Nice Pinstripe

Customize your car visually

A new challenge

Beat the first challenge in challenge mode

Silver

Reinforcements are on the way

Escape the cops after a 15 minute police chase

Millionaire

Bank 1 Mio $

Collector

Fill your garage

Take a break

Destroy 100 police cars with pursuit breakers

I don’t need to take a break

Destroy 100 police cars without pursuit breakers

10-67 had no effect

Escape with at least one busted tire

Pimped to the max

Reach the highest performance level with your car

Gold

That wasn’t challenging

Beat all challenges in challenge mode

Most Wanted

Be #1 in every category of the rap sheet

Allrounder

Reach 100% completion

Platinum:

Platinum Trophy

Awarded after getting every other trophy

Hidden Trophies

Bronze

Sonny

Beat Sonny

Taz 

Beat Taz

Vic

Beat Vic

Izzy

Beat Izzy

Big Lou

Beat Big Lou

Baron

Beat Baron

Earl

Beat Earl

Jewels

Beat Jewels

Kaze

Beat Kaze

Ming

Beat Ming

Webster

Beat Webster

JV

Beat JV

Ronnie

Beat Ronnie

Bull

Beat Bull

Razor

Beat Razor 

I need that money

Sell the BMW M3 GTR

No help needed

Reach the old bridge in under 5 minutes during the final police chase

Gold

Everyone? EVERYONE!!!

Escape from rockport

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UNLEADED_BRONZE said:

Bear in mind expired contracts &/and 

With our/or without the certain soudtraxs due licensing or completely the licensing either expired or

Hope theres a loophole somehow

Burnout paradise remastered managed to keep its soundtrack didn't it? I think there's hope for the soundtrack. 

I'm going to say something outrageous here, I preferred the 2012 most wanted, because I loved burnout paradise and it reminded me of that.

But I would like to give 2005 most wanted another chance though, didn't play it much in the ps2 generation.