MSFT/Microsoft acquire next  

34 members have voted

1. 1. SEGA or SE/Square Enix

• SEGA
    • N/A
    • SE/Square Enix

5 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Great thread.

I think they should acquire McDonald's so they can include Game Pass in Happy Meal.

Why Game Pass in Happy Meal? Game Pass should get you 10 Happy Meals per month!!!!

• Like 1

GSC game world(Stalker 2 developers) because microsoft needs to aquire studios that actually need help(Stalker 2s development was negatively affected by putins stupid war for instance) instead of gobbling up mid to large publishers. Microsoft needs smaller studios like obsidian and double fine that could potentially benefit from a stable cash flow not mega publishers like activision or bethesda that were reasonably stable enough to handle a flop or 2. That only hurts gaming in the long run.

• Like 1

Microsoft might have a strained relationship with SE unless something new happened the past week or two. Multiple smaller titles that probably shouldn't have any type of exclusive dealings have skipped Xbox. My guess for that is SE wants GP money and MS refused to pay whatever price they were asking for the Pixel Remaster collection and said "fine, we're taking our ball and going home". Luckily the new Dai game is still coming to Xbox.

Sega is more likely. MS and Sega have always had a good relationship so that might be likely if they throw them enough money. Sonic has a rocky history with quality/sales and they had to sell off their arcades in Japan, so they may need it. In the past Sega and MS collaborated on the DreamCast with that system actually running on a modified version of Windows (which is maybe why piracy was so easy on it? lmao if true) and then after the DC died the original Xbox became the DC 2.0 with Sega releasing ports and exclusive sequels on their machine. Then also consider how MS employees have constantly been going over to Sega these past two gens which never resulted in any type of exclusive games but did end up with Yakuza and Persona getting brought over to Xbox, two franchises that were heavily associated to and exclusive with the PlayStation brand.

4 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

Sony is the one that needs to be the next to acquire someone. Should they?

The better question is can they?

You have to remember that MS is bigger than Xbox while PlayStation at this point is bigger than Sony.

The Zenimax deal was twice the price of Bungie and that's without a deal to keep making games for the competitor.

Of the ones you listed FS would be the one that would be in the Bungie price range but I don't know why any of the parties involved would bother. Bloodborne underperformed and Elden Ring hit 20 mill because it was multiplat.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

I want to know why this thread poster is bowing down to their new Xbox overlords.

They shouldn't acquire anyone. But I guess at least the thread poster is admitting that they are going through with their real strategy to 'spend Sony out of business'?

Sony is the one that needs to be the next to acquire someone. Should they? Probably not but we all know it's happening. It's inevitable. Well... that's the sense and feeling I get I guess.

Who will Sony acquire? My best guess is Square Enix, Konami, Capcom, or FromSoft.

Most likely candidates are Square Enix, Konami or FromSoft.

But you know... I'm not an expert. So clearly I know nothing.

I fully expect Sony to respond with their own acquisition. Possibly even before the end of this year. Possibly as soon as a second Showcase in September (if they decide to have another one and it's then of course) as the first thing they announce.

But I'm just a random. Which means I know nothing. Like I said.

Didn't SCEE/Sony have like 10%/X/Ten percentage share with SE/Square Enix?

Hell no. So thanks for including N/A, neither of the above. Xbox have been doing more than enough acquisitions. It's madness. I wouldn't be surprised (nor happy about it) if they strike again.

If I were forced to pick someone for PS to acquire, they could have Bandai Namco. BN could then continue to put the Namco arcade classics and Mr. Driller out on other systems, but not new installments of Ace Combat, Tales, Soulcalibur, Tekken after T8, or Tekken Tag 3.

On 7/15/2023 at 4:19 AM, UNLEADED_BRONZE said:

Didn't SCEE/Sony have like 10%/X/Ten percentage share with SE/Square Enix?

I'm sorry...no one else is asking, so I'm going to have to. What is with this way of typing? This is a forum, not some dark web chat that needs coded messages. 

Edited by Viper
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

Hell no. So thanks for including N/A, neither of the above. Xbox have been doing more than enough acquisitions. It's madness. I wouldn't be surprised (nor happy about it) if they strike again.

If I were forced to pick someone for PS to acquire, they could have Bandai Namco. BN could then continue to put the Namco arcade classics and Mr. Driller out on other systems, but not new installments of Ace Combat, Tales, Soulcalibur, Tekken after T8, or Tekken Tag 3.

So you mean I could direct all comments about more Klonoa, .hack and Digimon support to Sony instead?

Yeah... I think I could live with that...

6 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

So you mean I could direct all comments about more Klonoa, .hack and Digimon support to Sony instead?

Yeah... I think I could live with that...

While I'd honestly prefer BN to remain independent of any console producer, I'd dislike Sony acquiring them less than seeing MS do it. Microsoft has been sucking up companies like Kirby on a liter of Red Bull. After Zenimax and ABK, I think they should stop for awhile.

Let Capcom stay on their own. Sony is welcome to Konami though. Konami has been forgettable lately, so maybe this might be a good one.

• Like 1

On 15/7/2023 at 4:35 AM, AJ_-_808 said:

1f4a9.png is what MS should acquire 

“UNLEADED_BRONZE”? More like “UNLEADED_SHI…” ???

Edited by Dry
I’m sorry lol.
  • Like 1

On 7/21/2023 at 0:01 AM, RadiantFlamberge said:

While I'd honestly prefer BN to remain independent of any console producer, I'd dislike Sony acquiring them less than seeing MS do it. Microsoft has been sucking up companies like Kirby on a liter of Red Bull. After Zenimax and ABK, I think they should stop for awhile.

Let Capcom stay on their own. Sony is welcome to Konami though. Konami has been forgettable lately, so maybe this might be a good one.

Yeah to me... the most likely candidates for Sony/PlayStation to 'acquire' is still either Square Enix, Konami or FromSoft