Server Shutdown - Dec 8th, 2023

Needles

10 hours ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Just as a heads up, EA has removed this game from their upcoming shutdown notice list. I'd still just go ahead and knock them out, since they only take like an hour or two from the start of the game, just in case it still goes offline in December. 

Thanks for letting us know, that’s really strange. They seem to be getting rid of the servers for a lot of games recently.. let’s hope it’s true and mirrors edge is saved. It’s a great game 🙏 finished it for the second time yesterday.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/24/2023 at 7:54 AM, ThatMuttGuy said:

Just as a heads up, EA has removed this game from their upcoming shutdown notice list. I'd still just go ahead and knock them out, since they only take like an hour or two from the start of the game, just in case it still goes offline in December. 

EA website still shows it in the shutdown list or has at least added it back. So looks like it's still on track to shut down later this year. https://www.ea.com/legal/service-updates/i-q

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Saw there was an EA Play subscription offer of 1€ for a month, so I grabbed that to play this game. It looks really cool, I've been interested for a while and I'd feel bad if I didn't complete it while it's still possible to do.

So yeah, looks like I've got some solid parkour to do between now and October 30th.

2 hours ago, AllHailScience said:

Any other trophies that could potentially be affected by servers shutdown?

Like "Up to the task" in Mad Max that is seemingly offline, but actually required connection to servers? 

Nope, there are only 2 online trophies in this game so don't worry about being caught out :).

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, johncnstntn__ said:

Very small chance billboards might be affected as well because it's a mini-game tied to servers. Once you hack one, your custom logo will appear along with your name on your friend's game. Nothing to worry about tho you can still grind interventions if that's the case.

Which trophy is that feature tied to?

• 1 month later...
On 10/4/2023 at 5:13 AM, johncnstntn__ said:

Very small chance billboards might be affected as well because it's a mini-game tied to servers. Once you hack one, your custom logo will appear along with your name on your friend's game. Nothing to worry about tho you can still grind interventions if that's the case.

any confirmation if this trophy is in fact tied to the online servers being functional?

28 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

any confirmation if this trophy is in fact tied to the online servers being functional?

Doesn't matter if the billboards are affected or not, because you could still do 15 interventions which will spawn infinitely in the world. 

Only two trophies are online, and once you have them, you can secure the plat. 

1 minute ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Doesn't matter if the billboards are affected or not, because you could still do 15 interventions which will spawn infinitely in the world. 

Only two trophies are online, and once you have them, you can secure the plat. 

I think thats false. The only thing that respawns infinitely are the normal Delivery Requests (neither the Covert nor the Fragile Delivery Requests respawn). The Interventions count towards 100% world completion and there should only be around 8 or 9 in the whole game. See this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqtCWNMr1vQ

3 minutes ago, Der_Schwabbler said:

I think thats false. The only thing that respawns infinitely are the normal Delivery Requests (neither the Covert nor the Fragile Delivery Requests respawn). The Interventions count towards 100% world completion and there should only be around 8 or 9 in the whole game. See this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqtCWNMr1vQ

I used the same spot for all the interventions I needed and it kept respawning more. So I can at least confirm each spot can spawn more than 1. I guess I can't confirm if it stops after 8 or 9, cause I only needed the 4. 

I still lean to it being indefinite. 

3 hours ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

Not really sadly just an observation. You may still hack a billboard after the shutdown and tag it with your name on it or it will give an error and it doesn't count. For interventions, I needed 3 or 4 after the story. I failed to trigger on the supposed fixed spot and had to switch to another location. TLDR; probably it will be safe but better safe than sorry. No one wants another Starhawk situation.

• Like 1