Server Shutdown - Dec 8th, 2023

Needles

19 hours ago, FFATMA said:

Just got mine done!  Was pretty easy.  I've noticed a fair number of comments saying that this game is "a betrayal of the first game" and that they don't like it very much. I haven't played the first game but this one seems pretty good so far. Any ideas of what these people are talking about?  I've seen too many comments for it to just be a couple of the usual trolls.

I never played the first game and have been wondering the same thing. This game seems pretty fun. Did people not like open world stuff being added? 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

RIP 

just to wait for the influx of "omg I didn't get the trophies in time lets start a petition against these stupid developers" threads

didn't get the online trophies in time because for some reason me and my dad could not figure out for the life of us while we psn kept saying that psn network features were unavailable on this application due to age restrictions rubbish. sigh i really wanted to plat this one :( , well guess i will have to leave it uncompleted forever, makes me kind of sad and close to crying (blame autism) think i will finsh the Spyro 1 plat to raise my spirits.Napoleon "There Is Nothing We Can Do" | Know Your Meme

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, serrated-banner9 said:

didn't get the online trophies in time because for some reason me and my dad could not figure out for the life of us while we psn kept saying that psn network features were unavailable on this application due to age restrictions rubbish. sigh i really wanted to plat this one :( , well guess i will have to leave it uncompleted forever, makes me kind of sad and close to crying (blame autism) think i will finsh the Spyro 1 plat to raise my spirits.

If it's any consolation, sometimes servers seemingly rise up from the dead for whatever reason (or even purposefully like when EA brought back Dante's Inferno Trials of St. Lucia). Probably a long shot but it's not impossible.

• Like 4

Though I doubt they'd do this, it would be generous of DICE to change the names and requirements of the two (now unobtainable) online trophies through a game patch so they can still be unlocked but via different means.

If it were my decision the new requirements would be to collect more electronic parts (knowing there are 250 of these in the game but the platinum trophy demands only 10 be collected).

6 hours ago, DrunkenEngineer said:

Are people still able to unlock trophies that weren't tied to the online?

Over on PC users of the EA app and Steam are reporting all achievements to be completely broken once the servers went down.  Nothing is unlocking.

Yes, I've unlocked 2 more trophies since the servers shut down.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DrunkenEngineer said:

Are people still able to unlock trophies that weren't tied to the online?

Over on PC users of the EA app and Steam are reporting all achievements to be completely broken once the servers went down.  Nothing is unlocking.

That's likely because EA uses incredibly obnoxious DRM that requires online verification in the PC versions of their games, which the console releases fortunately lack.

• Like 4