Would you buy the ps4 port for the platinum since the multiplayer trophies will most likely be gone & only the single player ones will remain even if you already have RDR / RDR Undead Nightmare on ps3 ?

Andrei-Balan

One way or the other I wouldn't have paid full price for it, because...I don't pay full price for any game. But it's not even on my radar at this point because it's just a port. I would have actually cared if it was a Remaster. I still have the PS3 GOTY Edition sitting on my shelf...it's no different than that. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

In fairness, it’s not cheaper on Xbox… if you factor in the cost of an Xbox…

A lot of folks don’t have multiple consoles - and while I won’t be paying for the Read Dead port…

… I did buy Alan Wake Remastered, which was a 10+ year old game that was cheaper, and arguably better, on Xbox.

that argument doesn’t really hold water if I don’t have an Xbox though!

And that's why I love owning both consoles - best of both worlds ?

34 minutes ago, Zeep_Xanflorp92 said:

No I won’t and most shouldn’t.. we need to vote with our wallets on this one. This is unacceptable for R* to lazily throw together another port (let’s be honest, the GTA trilogy basically was a port). They could’ve done this the right way and actually put some time and care into it, making it absolutely worth it. 

They’re going for a cash grab and I say “neigh” to this sleazy/lazy practices they’ve been doing.. like milking GTA5 online for all it’s worth, leaving behind the RDR2 online community, a terrible WORSE versions of GTA trilogy games, now a lazy 0 upgrade port to outdated consoles. 

Big L R*.

"We"? But I have voted with my wallet... I'll be buying it on sale. That's my voted cast. You're free to do what you want with your vote. ?

6 hours ago, Zandatsu_Patriot said:

Story wise you must play 2 first

Eh, kind of disagree. I'd say you can do either first and it doesn't really matter. Just makes for a different telling of the overall story. RDR2 first gives you the chronological story but RDR first lets you see the aftermath and onwards THEN you get to see how it came to be in RDR2. It's the first 6 Star Wars film order conundrum.

On topic, no. A remaster for £50? I'd bite. A port for £20? Again, I'd bite. A port for £50 for a last gen console with stuff removed? That's a pass. 

Genuinely baffling that Rockstar thought this was going to go over well with fans.

51 minutes ago, AgentSmiz said:

Genuinely baffling that Rockstar thought this was going to go over well with fans.

It IS going over well with fans. Very, very few are saying they don’t want it. 

Most people are saying they’ll eventually give Rockstar money for this. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

I'm one of the few that will buy the game. I like physical games and I own all the other R* games in physical form, so I will be getting the disc version in October. :) Might not play it right away but at least I'll have it for the collection!

I've been thinking about doing the same but since i have both RDR / RDR Undead Nightmare first prints complete i doubt that R* will put anything other than the the map of RDR or combine both RDR & RDR UN on one piece of paper in the physical release so I'll most likely pass on it and go for the digital if I decide to buy it. 

3 hours ago, AgentSmiz said:

199K dislikes to 38k likes on the Youtube trailer doesn't strike me as it being well received. Nor does it if most people are saying "I might get this in a sale". A Red Dead Redemption rerelease should and could have had the internet hyped. £50 for a remake done in the RDR2 engine would have done this. A £20 port to modern consoles would have done this. People wanted it but not like this.

Don't get me wrong - if someone is excited to play the game again and is up for this, then that's fine. 

Confirmation bias can be pretty strong.

I’ll stick to reading the room here. 

If I hadn't already platinumed it I would probably buy this version to save the headache of the online grind. If it had been fully remastered I would buy again but I'm not paying $50 for a game that is no better quality than the original. It's just a greedy money grab from Rockstar.

Won't buy it.  Great game, but agree with the others who say $50 for a straight up port is bullshit.  Haven't paid full price for a game since the whole Cyberpunk debacle.  If this eventually shows up in ++, maybe I'll play it again.  Usually not a fan of multiplayer, but this one was fun, and it's a shame they're cutting it.

• Like 1

Go ahead and hate on me, but it's said they'll release a physical version. The price will eventually go down like the new LEGO Star Wars, which when released was about 90 bucks but now its around the 39 bucks mark.

I might pick it up, mainly because I enjoy the occasional Rockstar Games, game.

I played on Xbox, Ps3 first account, Ps3 second account and Ps3 this account.

RDR is one of the best games ever made and I fucking love John Marston and I would say the same things for GTA IV and Nico, but who knows... maybe the second game in progress is GTA IV

So of course, what questions

Edited by X_Wizi_X

9 minutes ago, SpaceIsDandy said:

Uh.... a fair amount of people here also said they wouldn't pay full price for this?

But they still want what’s being sold and it’ll eventually hit their price point, where they’ll gladly fork over their money.

If they’re not rejecting it completely, they’re supporting it. Don’t go shifting the goalpost now. 

I had the original on the 360 and never 100% it due to the multiplayer. I incorrectly assumed that this was going to get the proper remaster treatment especially after the beating the GTA trilogy took. I will get this game eventually when its sub $20 as i technically still have this game on gamepass and this "new" version will have literally no difference than what is currently available on xbox..

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

But they still want what’s being sold and it’ll eventually hit their price point, where they’ll gladly fork over their money.

If they’re not rejecting it completely, they’re supporting it. Don’t go shifting the goalpost now. 

the title of the thread is would you buy the ps4 port...multiple people here have said they would only play it on plus with no mention of buying. I dont know about others but if i am moving the goal posts it is just in an effort to get away from you personally.

Edited by SpaceIsDandy

Nope. I would rather buy games that I have never played before. If I am feeling nostalgic and want to play RDR, I would just play my RDR GOTY edition on PS3 that has multiplayer included.  

On 8/13/2023 at 3:51 PM, AgentSmiz said:

199K dislikes to 38k likes on the Youtube trailer doesn't strike me as it being well received. Nor does it if most people are saying "I might get this in a sale". A Red Dead Redemption rerelease should and could have had the internet hyped. £50 for a remake done in the RDR2 engine would have done this. A £20 port to modern consoles would have done this. People wanted it but not like this.

Don't get me wrong - if someone is excited to play the game again and is up for this, then that's fine. 

Now it has 262k dislikes to 39k likes.

Edited by x7251
  • Like 1

Just now, x7251 said:

Nope. I would rather buy new games that I have never played before. If I am feeling nolgastic and want to play RDR, I would just play RDR GOTY edition on PS3 that has multiplayer included.  

Now it has 262k dislikes to 39k likes.

the fact that it gained 1k likes while only gaining 63k dislikes in the same amount of time proves that negative nancy HATERS are the minority /s

1 minute ago, SpaceIsDandy said:

the fact that it gained 1k likes while only gaining 63k dislikes in the same amount of time proves that negative nancy HATERS are the minority /s

That people assign more meaning to people clicking a like or dislike button than actually reading the comments here of the actual audience is really concerning.

My original claim that you seem to think you're disputing is this:

This thread alone shows ordering this port to be made by a third party was the right business call and right call for fans. As with all video games for decades now, the initial price is what the market will pay (right price for some, too high for others), and it will eventually lower to satisfy and grow its install base. 

It IS going over well with fans. Very, very few are saying they don’t want it. 

Most people are saying they’ll eventually give Rockstar money for this. 

Even you, with your words, are saying you want to play this version. You're just waiting until Rockstar get a portion of a service you're already paying for.

30 minutes ago, stitchesnscars said:

I had the original on the 360 and never 100% it due to the multiplayer. I incorrectly assumed that this was going to get the proper remaster treatment especially after the beating the GTA trilogy took. I will get this game eventually when its sub $20 as i technically still have this game on gamepass and this "new" version will have literally no difference than what is currently available on xbox..

Technically the port on ps4 will be an easier plat due to not having multiplayer ?

• Like 1

Considering that I literally just played this and still own the game on PS3... I have no desire to buy it. If I want to play it, I can just play it again on the PS3 (unless my PS3 just dies I guess. knocks on wood)

Then again, I don't think this port was made with people like me in mind who still actively play on their PS3 and still own it.