Would you buy the ps4 port for the platinum since the multiplayer trophies will most likely be gone & only the single player ones will remain even if you already have RDR / RDR Undead Nightmare on ps3 ?

Andrei-Balan

Pretty much the title, I'm curious about others opinion on it. Personally i'm still on the fence about it: 50$ price, still 30 fps and only higher quality graphics. I wouldn't say it's a scammy move on r* side if the price was more reasonable since it's just a port but I remember that back in the day r* said that the code for RDR it's a huge mess especially for the ps3 but again the price it's what makes it bad. It would've been nice if they at least added some dualsense features for the ps5 but they just did the bare minimum.

Edited by Andrei-Balan

2 minutes ago, Andrei-Balan said:

Pretty much the title, I'm curious about others opinion on it. Personally i'm still on the fence about it: 50$ price, still 30 fps and only higher quality graphics. I wouldn't say it's a scammy move on r* side if the price was more reasonable since it's just a port but I remember that back in the day r* said that the code for RDR it's a huge mess especially for the ps3 but again the price it's what makes it bad.

Maybe when it’s on sale I might I just can’t justify paying $50 for a port like that I could see switch users getting it day one due to the portability but since I already did the game on ps3 I could wait I have so many other games I have to finish.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Peneuvista said:

Wont buy it, same for GTA Trilogy back in the day, as far as I have a version, original or port, I will not buy a remaster or remake. Max Payne would be another story...

I'm still waiting for the Max Payne 1 & 2 remake Remedy announced but I have a feeling that it will just be left in the wind. A man can dream.. 

Edited by Andrei-Balan

2 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

The digital ps3 version. In Canada it's $52.49 plus tax. Considering ps3 games don't go on sale anymore, I thought it was my only choice lol.

Do you not have second hand game shops in Canada?  Even if you don't, there are physical copies going for €5 on ebay...

As for OP's question, I don't see why anyone who has the game on PS3 would pay 50e for this, even if you just want to stack it.  What's the rush?  Just wait for it to be added to the PS+ catalogue or at the very least go on sale.  The only justication for wanting to buy this on release is for people who don't have a PS3, or for experienced players who want to play the online on PS4 since there will likely be a resurgence in online play once this drops.

• Like 1

Not sure but I think you win the award for the longest title of a thread here!

But to answer your question, no. I’m generally not into buying games I already own, didn’t for GTA V for ps4 or ps5.

Edited by djb5f

No... It seems like a bad joke. I looked earlier today and I can get a used PS3 and RDR for around the same price, maybe slightly more. 

I mean it's something that anyone can do better for free via emulation. 

Edit: I know I missed the "for platinum" part, the pricing is just so dumb, all things considered, that I focused on that and the platinum part escaped me.

Edited by the1andonly654
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, WakeUpHP said:

Do you not have second hand game shops in Canada?  Even if you don't, there are physical copies going for €5 on ebay...

I actually own a physical copy. What I don't own is a ps3 that can read a physical copy. Hell, I actually own another digital copy too but I lost the login details for that account. Desperate times call for desperate measures lol.

• Like 2