Would you buy the ps4 port for the platinum since the multiplayer trophies will most likely be gone & only the single player ones will remain even if you already have RDR / RDR Undead Nightmare on ps3 ?

Andrei-Balan

I don’t think so.

Red Dead Redemption was a great game, but for some reason, despite certainly enjoying it and admiring it at the time, it’s not really a game I’ve ever felt any real pull to go back to.

I wasn’t even particularly interested in checking out the actual sequel, let alone a re-release.
Hell, I’ve still got a PS3 and still have the Red Dead disc lying around in the garage somewhere…

…but if I haven’t bothered to replay it in 10 years when it’s been accessible for free, I doubt I could justify paying money to do so! ?

It was a hell of a game, but a kind of specific “time-and-place” one…

…and that time is long past, for me.

Edited by DrBloodmoney

One of my favourite games of all time, got the platinum on the PS3 version back in the day and will definitely be getting the platinum on the PS4 version. 

With that said I'm actually gutted there is no multiplayer because I loved it, I reached max prestige level and put hundreds of hours into it.

It's shame Rockstar are doing the bare minimum for this port, game deserves so much more but at the same time it's a bit of a miracle port in itself because the games source code is a complete mess and was essentially held together with duct tape!

Just wish there was a native PS5 app at least. 

• Like 1

I was planning on playing the ps3 version anyway, so the fact that it's now coming to the PS4 with no multiplayer trophies is just icing on the cake for me.

Though I will, obviously, wait for it to be at a steep discount, though.

Edited by Zenpai

7 hours ago, Flynnerigan said:

I must admit, I have a problem with situations like this. I think if people are willing to pay the money for a port, we're only guaranteeing that the future will see an influx of more ports and even less creativity from developers. I similarly wasn't too keen on the whole Last of Us Part I scenario. 

It's a little tedious seeing the amount of remakes and (more predominantly) ports/remasters this generation. 

Analogy: it’s too bad you continue to post on forums instead of writing the next great literary novel, that’s only guaranteeing that we will see more forum posts and less creative books from writers. 

Or maybe, there’s a whole crazy amount of talent pool for developers out there and some specialize in porting, which is a lot of work, no matter how much the uninformed seem to want to minimize and demean it, and others work on new content. Notice how much of the porting isn’t coming from the same devs teams as  new titles? Different work, different teams/companies. 

This thread has overwhelmingly shown that there is a huge appetite for this ported game specifically, and in the manner it’s being advertised generally, as limited as some people have pointed out. You might not like it, but that incentivizes the IP holder that there is an audience for new content with an established audience and that makes it easier for them to secure the absurd funding it takes to make what you value over what other people clearly value, new releases. 

This thread alone shows ordering this port to be made by a third party was the right business call and right call for fans. As with all video games for decades now, the initial price is what the market will pay (right price for some, too high for others), and it will eventually lower to satisfy and grow its install base. 

I still don’t own any version of this game and haven’t played it. If I had the time, I’d probably pick up this version on disc when it releases. For now, it goes on my list of games to eventually pick up when I’m ready to play it. 

8 hours ago, kidson2004 said:

I’m not. And I really REALLY wish they these publishers/devs whatever would stop giving us these “ports and remasters” and they’re just the SP to games. Like honestly I know the SP good and all, but people wanna experience the full experience of the game and the MP that came with it. Yet they wanna charge $30-$40 for ONLY the SP! That’s wild to me. 

Well, seems some people in this post are willing to, so... there's your answer.

People willing to buy anything and companies that will do anything for an extra buck

8 hours ago, kidson2004 said:

I’m not. And I really REALLY wish they these publishers/devs whatever would stop giving us these “ports and remasters” and they’re just the SP to games. Like honestly I know the SP good and all, but people wanna experience the full experience of the game and the MP that came with it. Yet they wanna charge $30-$40 for ONLY the SP! That’s wild to me. 

I dream about Batman Arkham Origins remaster without the multiplayer.

• Like 2

I just brought red dead revolver, I'm gonna play that after I finish farcry 6 and see what the reviews are like.

It looks much better than the ps3 version from the images I've seen, I find it hard they wouldn't have updated the game at all. If they haven't updated anything I'll wait for a sale, but if it gets good reviews, then I'll probably buy it straight away. I got 500 hours out of rdr2 when it came out, and I've been wanting to replay rdr again for years. So value for money wise I don't think it's that expensive for how much enjoyment I'll get out of it. And I'll probably replay rdr2 afterwards again just for fun.

There's just not enough westerns out there. Even farcry 6 I'm playing with a revolver and long rifle repeater and I did the same in remnant 2.

It's a shame it's not a full on remake on the rdr2 engine, but I'll still have fun with it if it's not broken on launch like the gta trilogy. 

• Like 1

I find it mental how many people are saying yes to this, it could be the best game in the world, but 50 quid for a 10+ year old game that's better and cheaper on Xbox is a joke, and whoever buys it is the butt of it

you guys can wait! don't buy it for 50 quid, I don't think anyone can justify the price for the product

5 minutes ago, AJoeyKid said:

I find it mental how many people are saying yes to this, it could be the best game in the world, but 50 quid for a 10+ year old game that's better and cheaper on Xbox is a joke

In fairness, it’s not cheaper on Xbox… if you factor in the cost of an Xbox…

A lot of folks don’t have multiple consoles - and while I won’t be paying for the Read Dead port…

… I did buy Alan Wake Remastered, which was a 10+ year old game that was cheaper, and arguably better, on Xbox.

that argument doesn’t really hold water if I don’t have an Xbox though!

• Like 3

I would since I never played the original Redemption and having no multiplayer trophies would be a plus as Rockstar's multiplayer doesn't really interest me. As everyone else said the price is the determining factor if I get this in the future or not. Maybe if they threw in the original Red Dead Revolver (the superior game) and dropped the price to around 15-20 USD.

No I won’t and most shouldn’t.. we need to vote with our wallets on this one. This is unacceptable for R* to lazily throw together another port (let’s be honest, the GTA trilogy basically was a port). They could’ve done this the right way and actually put some time and care into it, making it absolutely worth it. 

They’re going for a cash grab and I say “neigh” to this sleazy/lazy practices they’ve been doing.. like milking GTA5 online for all it’s worth, leaving behind the RDR2 online community, a terrible WORSE versions of GTA trilogy games, now a lazy 0 upgrade port to outdated consoles. 

Big L R*.

I'm one of the few that will buy the game. I like physical games and I own all the other R* games in physical form, so I will be getting the disc version in October. :) Might not play it right away but at least I'll have it for the collection!