Xbox Leaks (Microsoft aims to buy Nintendo & Valve, Game Pass needs 100 million by 2027/30 or Microsoft will exit Gaming, Seemingly came close to buying Sega)

Rozalia1

I get the sense that some people here have never worked with, even in smaller companies, more eccentric CEO's and owners.  You don't really get to that level without being at least a little ambitious to a fault in some way shape or form.  And especially in emails to their subordinates, glorifying their place in the race... why wouldn't they?  What do you expect them to say to eachother, "hey look, I know we kinda suck, but keep working hard anyways and maybe we'll suck less someday".

That's why I can't really nitpick or criticize this as much as some people are.  This kind of stuff is way more common than you realize.

Edited by Dreakon13

9 minutes ago, The Alchemist said:

Microsoft is the single biggest threat facing the entire industry. I've been saying it for ages now and I'm certainly not alone in that thinking. The biggest mistake was them ever entering the industry to begin with. A horrible, cancerous tumour of a company with not a single creative bone in their body. Just completely tasteless, even when compared to the average mega corp. It's frightening to think what the gaming landscape might look like 10 years from now, but if it plays out the way Microsoft wants it to then I can guarantee I won't have any part in it. My decision to not buy an Xbox is continuously justified by Microsoft's sheer incompetence and insidious intentions. 

Even if you're not wrong about any of this, though it comes across incredibly biased... if Microsoft were able to simply buy the industry it probably would've happened already.  They've been in it since 2002.  They've been more aggressive lately but at best they're dragging to the finish line with Activision Blizzard in spite of a lot of legal challenges and damaging scrutiny.  They aren't buying Nintendo or Valve.  I don't think you have so much to fear really but everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

Edited by Dreakon13

20 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Didn't see if anyone mentioned this, but Phil pulled what they did when their plans for Sony were revealed: It's old and things have changed. 

https://www.purexbox.com/news/2023/09/phil-spencer-issues-statement-in-response-to-massive-xbox-leak

If you believe that, have an igloo in Death Valley for sale. 

Xbox to staff:

"Our evil mastermind monopolistic plans just leaked but don't worry because we have a blind fanbase that will defend us no matter what we do so we will and already have put out another 'sweep-under-the-rug' tweet claiming that it was 'years ago' and that our 'plans changed' while we continue our real plans of throwing money at all of our problems to win like we're Vince McMahon"

okay now your not getting anything else out of me for this thread

• Like 4

Lots of interesting stuff. Those GamePass figures and notes were insightful.

I actually think the improved controller looks promising and I may grab one for using it on my PC. Xbox controllers are just better supported by PC games when it comes to showing the correct symbols in UIs. I also like the replaceable battery approach and have long wished Sony went this route also since it's more environment-friendly (though I really like the DualSense). 

Eh, I'm not really going to try and dissect two essays in response to me.  That being said, you guys are almost so excited about Microsoft buying the landscape that I'm thinking you actually want it to happen.  Sort of a nervous excitement between your apparently decades old opinions of Microsoft might finally be validated and wanting to watch the world burn.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Confused 7

1 minute ago, Zephrese said:

"I'm not going to bother trying to intelligently responding to post that called me out on my BS, so let me try and twist people's words to make it look like I have a point when I never had on to begin with and was just playing devil's advocate for literally no fucking reason".

K

My point has always been that Microsoft isn't going to buy Nintendo.  People keep quoting me with essays about why Microsoft is evil.  I dunno what you want from me exactly.

Just now, Zephrese said:

I don't think anyone here legitimately thinks that Microsoft will successfully buy Nintendo, but that was never the point either.

I specifically want you to stop being deliberately obtuse and stop trying so hard to push a point that doesn't exist, but we both know you aren't going to otherwise you would've kept that BS to yourself to begin with. lol

Why don't you go find something better to do than butt into a conversation that didn't involve you.

Let the people I'm quoting or referencing worry about how obtuse I'm being.

Just now, Zephrese said:

So, again, you're avoiding the matter by deflecting and not actually trying to say anything intelligent that adds anything meaningful to the conversation, proving my point that you're being deliberately and purposefully obtuse in the process.

Also, it's a public thread in a public forum, I (and anyone else, for that matter) can "butt into" the conversation as much as I damn well please. lmao

None of this is adding anything meaningful to the conversation.

And it's a public thread on a public forum, I'll be as obtuse as I want.

Took the long way around to get that win.  But if you're going to shut up now, I guess we both walk away happy.

EDIT: I still don't think Microsoft is going to buy Nintendo.  I don't have nearly the 20 years of evidence these other folks have, which sounds like it basically guarantees its going to happen... but I'm confident in my stance.  You don't have to take my opinion to heart, as I have been proven at some points in the past to be obtuse and thusly discredited in all points in the future... so I certainly wouldn't blame you.

Edited by Dreakon13

1 hour ago, Dreakon13 said:

Took the long way around to get that win.  But if you're going to shut up now, I guess we both walk away happy.

I still don't think Microsoft is going to buy Nintendo.

Wasn't about winning, just wanted to see if my observation was correct and it was. Hopefully other people will see these posts of yours and know better than to waste their breath with you when you clearly put in the minimal effort to do the same.

Repeating ourselves like a parrot, are we? It's already been pointed out by more than one person that not only was that not the point, but also that mostly everyone here doesn't think they will buy Nintendo either. Makes me further question what's with the devil's advocate act, followed by the broken record performance when the former trick doesn't work on its own. 🤔

Edited by Zephrese

So it didn't shut you up. :hmm:

I mean, I guess the only way to end this is to just walk away but I'm usually too stubborn.  Really I took kinda the lazy route, instead of taking two separate essays and piecing out what I agree and disagree with, which probably would've led to two additional essays in response to the essay I would've had to write, which would've led to more essays... it would've just taken a very long time... I tried to summarize my exasperation perhaps a bit too obtusely.  Would you like me to apologize?  I can't guarantee it won't happen again... but I guess you've exposed me, which seems like some sort of public service.  If too many people write essays in response to me, I may respond in a less than desirable way.  Keep that in mind folks, it'll save us all some time.

My point was basically that while people may not feel Microsoft is definitely going to buy Nintendo (my passive aggressive sarcasm in previous posts aside), they are indeed saying that it could happen.  They've said that many times.  Even looking past the fact I disagree with that idea on a personal level... their evidence is apparently Microsoft likes to buy things, a long standing personal grudge against Microsoft, and a single leaked email where someone suggested it.  As far as proof of anything indicating that it could happen, it still seems farfetched at best.  I've just been expressing my thoughts on that in a number of ways.

Edited by Dreakon13