Xbox Leaks (Microsoft aims to buy Nintendo & Valve, Game Pass needs 100 million by 2027/30 or Microsoft will exit Gaming, Seemingly came close to buying Sega)

Rozalia1

So... what about Microsoft not wanting to be a monopoly xbots?

Utter BS and ridiculous. They are also trying to fast track the 'all digital' future which I also don't like but I'll just leave this here before flame wars start again between physical vs digital I guess.

The point is... xbots are never going to see clarity here in this regard even when it's plastered right on the wall like this.

At the end of the day... I don't care about any of these franchises and I still won't buy an Xbox. Nothing on the platform interests me in the slightest and I can just wait for it to go to Nintendo platforms in worst case scenarios (or be forced to skip them if that doesn't happen in the absolute worst case scenario for future Crash and Spyro games)

What I care about is the Microsoft hypocrisy. Phil literally said Xbox wouldn't have a mid-gen refresh. Now there's going to be a mid-gen refresh. 🤡

Anyone who doesn't think Sony/PlayStation will respond to the ABK situation is fooling themselves. They absolutely will and I expect them too at this point. Especially after this.

How? Well that I don't know. Initially I thought it would be Square-Enix but they are hard U-turning on PlayStation exclusivity now and having their own hypocrisy moment currently. This is still a possibility though.

My best guesses now for Sony/PlayStation response is either Konami, FromSoft (or whoever owns them), Ubisoft, or maybe Take Two? Look I don't know okay? But they are going to respond in some form or another. If not before the end of this year then next year for sure.

This is all your getting out of me for this thread

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Didn't see if anyone mentioned this, but Phil pulled what they did when their plans for Sony were revealed: It's old and things have changed. 

https://www.purexbox.com/news/2023/09/phil-spencer-issues-statement-in-response-to-massive-xbox-leak

If you believe that, have an igloo in Death Valley for sale. 

The annoying part are the fanboys crying "Phil is just doing his job"

• Like 1

The fact they think they can buy off Nintendo means they're either royally stupid (and crazy) or they're getting big heads about this whole acquisition shit. They tried back in the early 00s (iirc) and that didn't work. Obviously wouldn't now smh. Phil Spencer needs to go to bed or something because he talking crazy. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

9BmDknL.jpg

Wow. If they're at 25 million then in essentially 3 years as we're largely through the year already, they'll need to gain 25 million subscribers every year. Even if they full timeline is given of 2030, that is still a massive ask. You can see why they want Call of Duty. Why they want Nintendo. Why they want Valve. They sort of massive additions are the only real hope they appear to have to reach these massive numbers.

Good gravy man. I just don't understand putting all your eggs in one basket like this. If you make or fund (via third party deals) actual good video games people want to play the rest will figure itself out. That is exactly what Sony and Nintendo do and it's what MS did in their most successful years (the first half of the 360 generation.) Instead Phil is like trying to completely re-program the system while putting 0 safeguards in place in case it fails.

But even if we just pretend for a moment this plan is fine, it can't work without some quality control. In one of these emails he straight up admits they had no big exclusive game for 16 months and they need to do better, and then proceeds to say he is hopeful Redfall will be the next big thing. Like dang man, did he even bother playing the game before it came out? (Mostly rhetorical as the answer is not really, iirc they said their internal reviews for the game were in the 7/10 range which is just insanity.)

It's a shame too cause I don't want Xbox to die or anything, Sony needs competition, now more than ever.

• Like 3

So they're planning on taking the Mac trash can design that everyone made fun of, and pretty much make an Xbox in that design? xD Wait, what?

Also Microsoft wanting to buy out entire competing platforms like Nintendo and Steam is wild 

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

So they're planning on taking the Mac trash can design that everyone made fun of, and pretty much make an Xbox in that design? xD Wait, what?

Also Microsoft wanting to buy out entire competing platforms like Nintendo and Steam is wild 

That’s what Microsoft and its fans seem best at. Ridicule something for an extended period of time, then when they think no one is looking or has forgotten, swipe it and act like it’s the best thing since sliced bread. For other recent examples, scan Xbox-centric Tweets/blogs for quotes about StrayDeathloopGhostwire or Final Fantasy XIV before they revealed Xbox versions.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ZenaxPure said:

Good gravy man. I just don't understand putting all your eggs in one basket like this. If you make or fund (via third party deals) actual good video games people want to play the rest will figure itself out. That is exactly what Sony and Nintendo do and it's what MS did in their most successful years (the first half of the 360 generation.) Instead Phil is like trying to completely re-program the system while putting 0 safeguards in place in case it fails.

Phil straight up told everyone he doesnt believe that would work for their market goals. Theyre committed to the strategy because they view it as the only viable path to what they want which is a pseudo-monopoly on distribution. Theyre not in the business to just sell some games, maybe some hardware, and make a tidy profit every quarter.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

if you had the power and money to buy out competition, would you? i sure would. 

I guess it just depends on the situation. I fully understand their desire to buy out large publishers and developers, but buying out entire game platforms is just strange to me. I can't even really think of a comparable analogy to be honest - maybe T-Mobile buying Sprint? Plus competition is always a good thing, it forces companies innovate and it's better for everyone to be honest. If Microsoft just bought everyone out, they'd just feel no need to try anything innovative because they wouldn't need to. However, the fact that they think Valve or Nintendo would even agree to it is bizarre, or that they would expect any positive reception from gamers (I realize Microsoft doesn't care about this lol). I would say a buyout like that would be blocked too, but nothing like that ever gets blocked these days lol

Edited by BlindMango

Adorable?

The fuck kind of console revision is this? Looks to me like an Xcylinder, not an Xbox!

Well, that’s enough refrigerator memes (chimney jokes can stay however).

Edited by Dry
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, boaly2008 said:

Phil straight up told everyone he doesnt believe that would work for their market goals. Theyre committed to the strategy because they view it as the only viable path to what they want which is a pseudo-monopoly on distribution. Theyre not in the business to just sell some games, maybe some hardware, and make a tidy profit every quarter.

Oh I am aware, I just don't agree with him lol. 

20 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

I guess it just depends on the situation. I fully understand their desire to buy out large publishers and developers, but buying out entire game platforms is just strange to me. I can't even really think of a comparable analogy to be honest - maybe T-Mobile buying Sprint? Plus competition is always a good thing, it forces companies innovate and it's better for everyone to be honest. If Microsoft just bought everyone out, they'd just feel no need to try anything innovative because they wouldn't need to. However, the fact that they think Valve or Nintendo would even agree to it is bizarre, or that they would expect any positive reception from gamers (knowing they don't care about this). I would say a buyout like that would be blocked too, but nothing like that ever gets blocked these days lol

True to an extent. BUT it could also drive an up and comer to be the hot new thing and a new competition that listens to fans. It is all a case by case thing though really.

Normally buyouts happen more frequently when there are bug enough financial losses that it makes more sense to be bought by someone than just go bankrupt

Microsoft to buy out Nintendo? I laughed for about 3 seconds, then I cringed. Spencer's ego is so big... how big is it? So big it could cause a total solar eclipse any day. Monaco would get hit by a blizzard before Nintendo would sell. If Nintendo has a price, it's probably more than M$ or anyone else is willing to pay.

Though Valve selling may be a tiny bit less unlikely, I can't see it happening either. They make a considerable cut from games sold on the Steam platform. If they sould to M$, I think they would kiss goodbye part of their 30% cut.

My answer to buying a new Xbox has been, and remains... NO. Most present gen Xbox titles are also on PC. They should start getting some timed exclusives on the Xfridge/Xdustbin. Xdustbin? Yes, it represents the trashcan that M$ wants to throw physical games into. How fitting of a design.

Then again, let M$ ditch gaming. Nix on Xbox and XGP.

• Like 4

Rozalia, another compliment to yourself as I'd read this here first many hours before the YT videos started to appear. I think people would agree that you are clearly a valued member here.

Sounding like a broken record here though clearly Phil and his associates are mentally insane. Imagine the impact? As an example, there are enough people who want Kotick gone, I don't mean retired, I mean gone permanently. These morons have no idea how serious and passionate the gaming community is, Not the casuals who pay for all the microtransactions but actual gamers. 

• Like 3