The Difficulty Archives

PunisherXD

Okay I'm gonna try and bring activity back up a little bit as it seems to have died down recently, and over time I've managed to gather a few more fair changes so just gonna make them now :)

UPDATE LOG:

• Super Hiking League: Added at 8/10 difficulty. Was originally in discussion but now the estimates I've gotten are one 7/10 and three 8/10s including myself, so I believe this is fair.
  • Where Are My Friends?: Added to discussion until we get some more information of the game.
  • Dariusburst Another Chronicle EX: Reduced to 9/10 difficulty. Seems to be rated around the same, if not a bit easier than DBCS, which is a 9. This may change though 🤔
  • Pinball Arcade: Added at guide rating of 9/10. This may change depending on estimates given.
  • Zen Pinball 1: Added at 9/10. The two comments above explain the reasoning for only these two being added and why at this difficulty. Again, prone to change.

On a side note, I finished Dariusburst: Chronicle Saviours about an hour before posting this, and I guess I can give my input on it as so far it's been one 9/10 and one 10/10, with the guide being 9.5. I agree more with the former, as whilst the QUZ route hitless is very unforgiving, I found that if you're good enough, you can improvise your way through any miniscule errors you make throughout your run. Definitely a hard as hell platinum and I'm happy to have it in my cabinet though :D 

Edited by PunisherXD2006

29 minutes ago, x410xDragon said:

Surprised The Guided Fate Paradox is not listed anywhere. 

I'd consider TGFP to be tedious and time-consuming and grindy, but not difficult.  To me, it's like a lot of NIS titles in that you have a lengthy postgame to grind through to meet their "ultimate" challenge; the "difficulty" in question is accumulating good enough stats/equipment to match what the opponent is going to throw at you rather than needing stellar strategy and tactics to overcome.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all. Over the past week and a bit we've been given more info on certain games across Discord mainly, so I'm just gonna put the list of changes here. It's not a lot, but the more the merrier :D 

UPDATE LOG:

• Megaman 11: Added with the 8/10 guide rating
  • Hayfever: Added to discussion for now, will wait for estimates to be given on this
  • Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 PS3: Increased to 10/10. Not much to say on this other than this came from a lengthy discussion. It still fits the estimates that were given here though.
  • The Swindle: Added to the Removed section at 6/10 due to the possibility of savescumming.
  • Trials Rising: Increased to 9/10.
  • Five Nights at Freddy's 4: Removed overall due to the discovery of a glitch that allows nights to be partly skipped. The guide also rates it lower than 8 hence the full removal.
  • Gran Turismo Sport: Given a note that mentions its shutdown on January 31st 2024. After that this will be moved to the unobtainable section.
  • Battle Axe: Added at 8/10. This may change given enough estimates that say otherwise.
  • Seraph: Added at 8/10. Same case as Battle Axe.

We've also updated the Removed games section with an extra column that shows the game's guide rating, that way they games on there are much easier to compare between the estimates given to them and their original rating. :) 

Edited by PunisherXD2006
adding extra onto the list

This is a really cool idea, great work so far guys! I also thought I might chime in with a suggestion if you don’t mind. 🙂

I don’t see Silent Hill 2 HD on the list and wonder if would be eligible for the archives?

I have not yet played it myself so I can’t give my own opinion. But the reason this came to mind is because I was planning to start this one in a few weeks and while doing my research I noticed that it was rated a 9/10 difficulty on both PSNP and playstationtrophies. From what I understand, and from reading the discussion on PST, the difficulty pretty much entirely comes down to the 10-star run, plus the fact it’s a very old game that lacks the polish, control scheme, and QoL features the average player expects from a game nowadays.  Would be interested to hear some opinions on this one especially since I’m going to play it soon.

I see there’s also been some discussion regarding Call of Duty: World at War in this thread and that opinions are split. Idk if you’ve made a final decision on it yet, but I would say that imo I think an 8/10 for WaW is reasonable for the average player. It’s one of the most popular games on this site and has a very easy trophy list that is almost entirely single player (besides 3 co-op trophies) and yet still only a 6% rarity because the average person probably gave up dealing with the insufferable bs on veteran. It’s definitely the most frustrating CoD platinum I’ve gone for.

15 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

This is a really cool idea, great work so far guys! I also thought I might chime in with a suggestion if you don’t mind. 🙂

I don’t see Silent Hill 2 HD on the list and wonder if would be eligible for the archives?

I have not yet played it myself so I can’t give my own opinion. But the reason this came to mind is because I was planning to start this one in a few weeks and while doing my research I noticed that it was rated a 9/10 difficulty on both PSNP and playstationtrophies. From what I understand, and from reading the discussion on PST, the difficulty pretty much entirely comes down to the 10-star run, plus the fact it’s a very old game that lacks the polish, control scheme, and QoL features the average player expects from a game nowadays.  Would be interested to hear some opinions on this one especially since I’m going to play it soon.

I see there’s also been some discussion regarding Call of Duty: World at War in this thread and that opinions are split. Idk if you’ve made a final decision on it yet, but I would say that imo I think an 8/10 for WaW is reasonable for the average player. It’s one of the most popular games on this site and has a very easy trophy list that is almost entirely single player (besides 3 co-op trophies) and yet still only a 6% rarity because the average person probably gave up dealing with the insufferable bs on veteran. It’s definitely the most frustrating CoD platinum I’ve gone for.

Thank you, it's appreciated :D 

Those two are good suggestions, thank you. I'm surprised we missed out Silent Hill 2, will add it onto the sheet on the next update log we make whenever we get more suggestions. I'll have to read back through the CoD discussions here to see what's gonna happen with WaW haha.

• Like 1

I think Divinity: Original Sin is rated too highly. I'm pretty terrible at CRPGs and have very little experience with them, but Original Sin has so many cheese-build possibilities and not that much rng, once you do your Tactician playthrough and learn all the environment puzzle solutions, the Honor mode playthrough is very manageable. It's a fairly long plat for sure, but not that hard. Imo it's arguably a 7. Also I'm curious to know why only OS1 is listed and not 2, which is definitely a harder game than 1.

Edited by Pots3k

1 hour ago, Pots3k said:

I think Divinity: Original Sin is rated too highly. I'm pretty terrible at CRPGs and have very little experience with them, but Original Sin has so many cheese-build possibilities and not that much rng, once you do your Tactician playthrough and learn all the environment puzzle solutions, the Honor mode playthrough is very manageable. It's a fairly long plat for sure, but not that hard. Imo it's arguably a 7. Also I'm curious to know why only OS1 is listed and not 2, which is definitely a harder game than 1.

Looking at the games, seems like we just had them as the guide ratings put them, hence why DOS1 is on there at 9/10 but DOS2 isn't there because the guide rates it a 7. After some looking into DOS1 yeah you can savescum the hardest trophy, so if that's what makes the game difficult in the first place then it can probably be removed, but most likely just moved to discussion for now :) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Prometheous101 said:

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/7349-rick-and-morty-virtual-rick-ality-trophy-guide

It used to be a 3/10, guide was recently changed to a 9/10.

Although it isn't actually a 9, it's closer to like a 6 or a 7.

I can't comment on it much as I've never even touched PSVR, but yeah will hold off on it for a bit and then we can just add it to the removed section if other estimates do say it isn't a 9/10 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Hey, would you mind giving me your opinions regarding some games? @PunisherXD2006

- OlliOlli World: didn't see this one on the list, isn't it like an 8 in difficulty or is it easier than it looks?

- Trials Rising: how would you compare this game to TrackMania Turbo in terms of difficulty? 

- Hack and slash hardest game: Having my first HnSlash experience with Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance right now and I'm curious to know where would you rate it compared with Devil May Cry 5 and Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus. 

Thanks in advance! 

Edited by zemiguelreis

16 minutes ago, zemiguelreis said:

Hey, would you mind giving me your opinions regarding some games? @PunisherXD2006

Thanks in advance! 

Well, I'd love to give my own opinion on those games however I haven't done any of them (yet!). I can give you just stuff I've been told of those games though, and obviously the ratings given on the  archive itself haha.

- Olli Olli World isn't on the list right now due to the psnp guide rating it a 7/10, so we've just held it off. If more people say its an 8/10 we'll probably add it on.

- Trials Rising is known as a solid 9/10 if you're doing it before Fusion (which you should). Im not entirely sure how it is compared to Trackmania Turbo though, especially since Trackmania Turbo is a very mixed one in terms of ratings. Probably expect something of the same difficulty or a tad bit higher 🤔

- All I know of MGRR is that it's rated a 9/10, and nobody mentioned otherwise on here. In comparison, I found Devil May Cry 5 very manageable if you follow the "Worthy Of Legend" PSNP guide for the hard S Ranks (SoS, DMD and HaH difficulties). Personally a 6/10 for me but most say a 7 or 8 (currently a 7 on the archives). And do note, DMC5 is my first hard hack n' slash, so I went into it with minimal prior experience. I can't comment on Ninja Gaiden though, haven't done it or looked into it enough.

Hope I helped, if others see your question and they've done those games then they can probably give you a better insight 😁

• Like 1

17 hours ago, PunisherXD2006 said:

I can't comment on it much as I've never even touched PSVR, but yeah will hold off on it for a bit and then we can just add it to the removed section if other estimates do say it isn't a 9/10 🤷‍♂️

I can answer this, as I've done the plat. With the exploit, it's a super easy plat (battery part can be a bit annoying but it's easy enough). Without the exploit, that one section of killing 100 enemies would be a nightmare. 

The real question is are you counting games that you can downgrade or use a disc to make it easier? I personally wouldn't include it cause you can make it super easy. 

53 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

I can answer this, as I've done the plat. With the exploit, it's a super easy plat (battery part can be a bit annoying but it's easy enough). Without the exploit, that one section of killing 100 enemies would be a nightmare. 

The real question is are you counting games that you can downgrade or use a disc to make it easier? I personally wouldn't include it cause you can make it super easy. 

I did it legit without ez mode. Was a surprising difficulty spike, however I wouldn't give it higher than a 6 or a generous 7.

• Like 1

OlliOlli World is a 6/10 at the absolute max. No way should it be on the list.

Trials Rising I see as a 8/10 without experience. It’s a hard game for sure for newcomers. But Fusion is still a lot harder.

As a side note: Pure Pool: 9/10

• Like 1

And while am at it. The Metronomicon is kicking my ass. I’m not good at rhythm games but I can finish this. But an 8/10 is definitely warranted.

9/10 for people like me. But should be lower for people who are good these types of games. Would like to see other opinions..

Edited by Baker

6 hours ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Thank you for your input on the game. And yeah, I want to update the original post's description a little to specify how we're looking at this, but we've decided on just rating a game's difficulty based on how difficult it is if the player is using every feasible exploit available, this way we don't get discussions like "oh Hollow Knight is a 9/10 without the glitch" and similar cases. So stuff like de-patching the game would affect this, hence why Surgeon Sim isn't on the main list either. If it's the same case with the Rick and Morty game then it will most likely be added to the removed section 🤔

Also thanks to the rest of you for your inputs, I'll most likely make an update log fairly soon just to catch up on certain stuff. :D (@Bakerwe'll take a note of lowering Pure Pool for now, and if somebody else says the same then we'll carry it through)

• Like 1

On 11/12/2023 at 7:30 AM, PunisherXD2006 said:

- All I know of MGRR is that it's rated a 9/10, and nobody mentioned otherwise on here. In comparison, I found Devil May Cry 5 very manageable if you follow the "Worthy Of Legend" PSNP guide for the hard S Ranks (SoS, DMD and HaH difficulties). Personally a 6/10 for me but most say a 7 or 8 (currently a 7 on the archives). And do note, DMC5 is my first hard hack n' slash, so I went into it with minimal prior experience. I can't comment on Ninja Gaiden though, haven't done it or looked into it enough.

MGR:R is a bit troublesome to rate for difficulty.  I think I'd probably rate the 100% at 8, because it has a lot of very stupid and frustrating VR trials that you have to beat within the fastest target times.  Mostly the game can have some strange glitches or you can have stupid issues with enemies killing themselves ruining your "kill all enemies with zandatsu" requirements.

That being said, the majority of the game is easier than you'd think.  You are allowed to use wig unlocks that break the game as well as purchase the "pay to win" fox blade DLC weapon which just lets you cut through all normal enemies like butter making it very easy to pass all normal encounters with no damage.  S ranks are quite easy to do using those items so the majority of the base game's difficulty comes down to how well you can do the boss fights no damage and the base game VR trials, one of which (VR 18) is fairly challenging because you die in one hit from many of the enemies.  Also, the VR room looks the same on all sides so it can be hard to figure out where to stand to set up the enemies when they spawn.

So yea.. I'd say the 100% is worth an 8/10 just because I found the VR mode extremely annoying.  Though I do not think the skill ceiling on the game is near as high as NG or even DMC with the fact that you can spam the parry without penalty, use broken wigs/fox blade, and defeat many bosses with a single riposte/near infinite blade time with Sam's blade or other cheese methods on Revengeance difficulty.

Edited by Elegy
  • Like 2

Hey all! Back with another Update Log :D 
Activity has gone down over time so these are coming at a slower pace, but it is still active, and we're constantly finding new games to potentially add or change in the list

• Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4: Added back to the list at an 8/10 difficulty. This is gonna stay like this now hopefully, as it seems like this is just rated the hardest call of duty due to the inconveniencies that come with just trying to complete it, boosting or not.
  • Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality:  added to the removed section due to the possibility of de-patching to make the game significantly easier than the guide's 9/10
  • Divinity: Original Sin: moved to discussion until we get more info on it
  • Silent Hill 2 HD: Added with the guide rating of 9/10
  • Enchanted Portals: Added to Discussion until we get more information. A supposed 10/10 but nobody has done it as of now due the uhh... lack of quality in the game 🤣
  • The Metronomicon: Slay The Dance Floor: Added to discussion as well until more estimates are given.

Also just a reminder to take a look at the games under discussion. If you've done any of these games or know someone who's done any of them, your contribution will be appreciated.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PunisherXD2006 said:

Activity has gone down over time so these are coming at a slower pace, but it is still active, and we're constantly finding new games to potentially add or change in the list

• Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4: Added back to the list at an 8/10 difficulty. This is gonna stay like this now hopefully, as it seems like this is just rated the hardest call of duty due to the inconveniencies that come with just trying to complete it, boosting or not.
  • Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality:  added to the removed section due to the possibility of de-patching to make the game significantly easier than the guide's 9/10
  • Enchanted Portals: Added to Discussion until we get more information. A supposed 10/10 but nobody has done it as of now due the uhh... lack of quality in the game 🤣
  • The Metronomicon: Slay The Dance Floor: Added to discussion as well until more estimates are given.

Also just a reminder to take a look at the games under discussion. If you've done any of these games or know someone who's done any of them, your contribution will be appreciated.

Divinity is probably closer to a 4 or 5. It's turn based and can be save scummed. 

On 11/19/2023 at 7:06 AM, PunisherXD2006 said:

Hey everyone!
9/10 is too high for Silent Hill 2. It's the same grade as Sine Mora (0.83% rarity), Trackmania Turbo (0.68% rarity) and even higher than Injustice ps4 version which rarity is stunning 0.27%. Silent Hill 2 (3.2% rarity) has no random factor in 10 stars walkthrough, which every game from above definitely has, it's just "remember every corner" platinum, skill based yes, but scripted. Wolfenstein 2 is skill based and scripted too, but it much longer than SH2, still it 8/10 on the list, so as I said, 9/10 for SH is too high.

Edited by ozymandias1994

My god, please downgrade NFS Presitige to something but 10/10. Seriosly, you have unlimited attempts (there are many 9/10 games which gives you limited attempts), you have Lambo Hurracan (which is op), you have save after every race (no speedrun in one go is required). NG Sigma 8/10, and Prestige 10/10 🤨 I honestly don't understand. 
I got 100%, btw.

Edited by ozymandias1994
Correct some info

@ozymandias1994 Thank you for your inputs, we'll take them into account and then move them along if more people mention the same, especially NFS Prestige, as it seems like that one has a range of ratings going due to its RNG nature 🤔

I'll also just say, Trackmania Turbo definitely doesn't have any luck involved, the precision required on some tracks is just really high. 🙃

Edited by PunisherXD2006

On 9/24/2023 at 1:27 PM, Mellenthin said:

Vermintide 2 is a mixed bag for me, but one thing is for sure: it doesn't qualify as a 10, seeing my group completed it in season 1 being very uneven and also when Sienna was supremely powerful. While I'm aware that later DLC characters are very good and that there occurred changes to later seasons, ultimately people have to chime in on that as I have no experience of later seasons and setups. As it stands, in my opinion, it's certainly not a 10 but rather a 9 at most.

Even a 9 is overrated for the base game. 7-8 seems plausible for most. There’s just too many randoms who’ve been playing the game for so long they can literally just solo carry you if they end up joining. And a lot of them are trophy friendly too. Only thing I’d consider a 9 is weaves. Unless it’s you and 3 tryhards carrying you. Then you get a free ride and it’s a 4/10 with all the OOB’s glitches on certain maps. There’s a group chat or two on PSN that will help out if you ask. For your average group it’s gonna be a pretty solid challenge. Unless it’s an average group and one of them is a complete noob. Then that makes it a 10/10 😂