The Difficulty Archives

PunisherXD

1 hour ago, LegendExeter said:

You say it's your opinion, but it's really a complaint of what the rest of us are participating in, conjecture and discussion over these games.

It's not hypocritical as I could retort, that your post wasn't helpful, is my opinion.

If you don't want to participate in discussing the games difficulty, you don't have to; but you also don't have to come in here and suggest to the rest of us that we can't give our "opinions" on games, unless we all have them 100% completed.  Which I think we have established is absurd.

You are welcome to have the last word, as this thread is now getting off topic, and I don't really care what you have to say honestly.  lol

I really regret engaging with you. I wished everyone the best and commended the efforts of those that created this list in my first post. I had no desire to insult anyone or stir the pot. Your reaction is objectively an overreaction. I do apologize on your behalf to those that created this list and those interested in a valid discussion. You have unfortunately derailed this thread.

@Beyondthegrave07 I would strongly suggest locking this thread and cleaning up the insults. People need to understand that you can disagree and still be civil.

Edited by VoidVictorious

Why are we locking the thread again? All I asked was for people to just be respectful when discussing in here and it seems like people are failing to do so. Just drop the subject, we want game suggestions not arguments :(

Anyway, we have another update log coming up within the next few days that should pick any future suggestions along the way, as well as clean up some recent ones. Also, @VoidVictoriousafter some discussion, me and the editors have decided that we're gonna add a 4th section to this sheet for unobtainable games, that way we can have them on the sheet whilst still keeping the integrity of the main list :D 

• Like 1

I didn't insult anyone, I just don't care what he has to say, because it's nonsense.  Imagine not being able to talk about games...that you haven't 100%'d?  That's ridiculous.

I am happy with the discussion of ideas, whether I agree with them or not on the games difficulty in this thread, I don't think anyone has the right to come in here and complain and suggest we are unworthy of discussing them unless we get their permission first or have to prove we have played the game to them.  It's nonsense. 

If we can get back to talking about the difficulty of games in this thread, I'm all for it. 

-----

As far as Sifu, I'm still not sure, haven't played it just heard its extremely brutal.  I was throwing it out there for thoughts or opinions, is it really that bad, or easy with practice?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

I think the best way to go about creating lists like these, is to get a general consensus of the hardest games considered 7/10 (yes, 7/10) or higher into a list, per genre. Then have people rate each game comparatively to each other, along with their own personal rating. 

On a 1st/3rd Person Shooter genre: we could (as an example) have the following games in the list:

Aliens Vs Predator      --    4    (7.5 / 10)

Dead Space 2             --    5     (8 / 10)

Doom (2018)               --    1     (6 / 10)        (easiest)

Max Payne 3               --    6    (9 / 10)   

Metal Gear Solid 4      --    3    (7 / 10)

The Evil Within            --    2    (6 / 10)

Wolfenstein II              --    7     (10/10)          (hardest)

(These aren't really my ratings, as I'm illustrating the method)

Then go from there.

Am I over complicating this? Probably :)

This would be a really good way to go about it actually, although it'd be a lot of effort to re-format the sheet into something like this, so unless people really want it to be like this (it does have its benefits, that I'll say), we probably won't go through with it. Thank you for the suggestion though :D 

Edit: I forgot to mention, moving the sheet so the cut-off point is 7/10 would make the sheet much larger, as well as bring a lot more suggestions. and with more suggestions comes more arguments on difficulty, especially in that range, so IMO, it'd be best to keep it at 8/10 and over.  I think the rest of the editors would agree as well.

Edited by PunisherXD2006
  • Like 1

On 9/27/2023 at 11:57 PM, PunisherXD2006 said:

This would be a really good way to go about it actually, although it'd be a lot of effort to re-format the sheet into something like this, so unless people really want it to be like this (it does have its benefits, that I'll say), we probably won't go through with it. Thank you for the suggestion though :D 

I don't care about that. People here have way to much to time to complain about what should be considered "difficult" or not. And i bet that even if you guys do it like that, someone will complain about it aswell. The only criteria that should be needed for rating the difficulty is your personal knowledge of the game, regardless if you played it or not.

Edited by Laxus-0
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, PunisherXD2006 said:

Edit: I forgot to mention, moving the sheet so the cut-off point is 7/10 would make the sheet much larger, as well as bring a lot more suggestions. and with more suggestions comes more arguments on difficulty, especially in that range, so IMO, it'd be best to keep it at 8/10 and over.  I think the rest of the editors would agree as well.

To clarify, I'm not saying the list should be games for 7/10 and higher. I'm saying there should possibly be more in the "discussion" category if they're recognized as 7/10.  Nor am I saying to change the format of the spreadsheet, just how the difficulties are discussed. Having a game that's 7 to compare an 8 against will help re-enforce it's actually an 8 if everyone says "yeah that's harder."

The comparison between games of similar genre will give an idea of where things should land. If there's a game 15 out of 20 agree is a solid 8, and another game generally seen as a "7", but 19/20 agree is harder than the previous listed as 8, then you can confidently bump it up to an 8. The same goes with 9 and 10 games. Anything ultimately rated a 7 can be removed from the final produced list.

• Like 2

No ones really talked about the various MMOs on the PSN and as I am a failure at life who plays many of them in one form or another, let me offer an opinion or two. By and large, most of them could be rated between 7 and 8 simply based on the time investment. And there's the rub for this list, MMOs are almost all grind and are designed to take weeks to work through. I would argue that an exception be made here because the grind defines the genre.

The functional difficulty can be argued, though. Having a dedicated team of friends/boosters changes things for some. Others have genuinely difficult requirements that come down to skill issues. Several have a high completion difficulty simply because it requires things that are either broken or is content people just aren't doing. It makes it hard to pin down on a --/10 scale when the meat is time and the potatoes are everything the hell else. This isn't even factoring in that active MMOs evolve over time, newer content could be stupid hard or hard simply because the player base has dropped to nothing.

There are specific titles I can weigh in on, if there is interest in potentially including MMOs on the list.

Edited by Jelly Soup
Sentence structure is a suggestion at best.

On 9/26/2023 at 11:17 PM, PunisherXD2006 said:

Call Of Duty World At War: Moved to discussion until more estimates are given. These seem to be known as the hardest COD games from what I'm seeing. 

Call Of Duty Classic: Same case as WaW.

I don't think any Call of Duty game belongs here. They usually tend to float in the 3-5 region with standouts hitting maybe a 6. I'm not familiar personally with the games released after Black Ops 2, which was the last CoD I bought (I did play WWII and the MW reboot though) but I have kept in touch with a few of my CoD buddies who still play and I haven't heard anything to make me believe any different on the newer games. I heard Cold War had something hard in there but it got patched to be a lot easier.

World at War the main thing of note is the grenade spam in the veteran campaign. It's more egregious than most other CoD games but a lot of them still have grenade spam too. It's annoying sure, but checkpoints where it's a nuisance are easily bruteforced by just making straight b-lines for the next one. Will you die a few times making those runs? Sure. Is it difficult? Not really.

As for Classic, this one is just not like typical Call of Duty and I think that's what people get thrown off by. If you play Classic like Modern Warfare or something you will lose... but it's actually not that hard at all. The game doesn't have regenerative health which sounds intimidating but there's important context because the game doesn't play like the other CoD games, you don't get sprayed with bullets from every direction when you exit cover. Enemy fire is more limited and not immediate or continuous, all you have to do is slow down your pace and don't rush it like you would other CoD games. It's not about twitch reflexes and movement it's mostly holding a good spot, taking your openings to kill a guy or two and move up. Whilst in other CoD games it is inevitable you'll be shot from something, hence regenerative health, in Classic you can go the whole game without ever taking a bullet. Context matters when thinking about the whole lack of regeneration thing. If you took the slow pace of Classic into another CoD campaign you'd die in seconds, Classic is much more lenient on damage sources and movement.

Also, I don't know if this was caught in my first post, I know I'm the only one to suggest it so I understand if it doesn't make the list but I think it should make it in 'needs discussion' is I Hate Running Backwards which the consensus from those I've spoken to who have finished or tried to is that of a 9/10. I'd probably say it could be worth the 8, you can't use any shortcuts or easy modes and there's no cheeses AFAIK.

You have to beat the game without taking any damage with all the curses activated at once. Each curse basically acts as ongoing traps and obstacles that, when combined, restricts your movement a fair bit as there's often areas of the screen you just cannot be in and they're totally random. The curses also keep going during boss fights which can make for little room to move.

I really like @B1rvine's suggestion about doing it by genre otherwise in the end we will end up with just indie platformers and obscure games on the list. Wolfenstein II has gone back and forth multiple times but it's one of the hardest fps games. Without it we would have no fps games at all on the list. We can't compare genres because they require different skill sets. Some may have hell with Trackmania but have tons of fighting plats for example. No one is good at every genre and what one found to be not too bad another may have struggled immensely on.

6 hours ago, B1rvine said:

To clarify, I'm not saying the list should be games for 7/10 and higher. I'm saying there should possibly be more in the "discussion" category if they're recognized as 7/10.  Nor am I saying to change the format of the spreadsheet, just how the difficulties are discussed. Having a game that's 7 to compare an 8 against will help re-enforce it's actually an 8 if everyone says "yeah that's harder."

The comparison between games of similar genre will give an idea of where things should land. If there's a game 15 out of 20 agree is a solid 8, and another game generally seen as a "7", but 19/20 agree is harder than the previous listed as 8, then you can confidently bump it up to an 8. The same goes with 9 and 10 games. Anything ultimately rated a 7 can be removed from the final produced list.

Ah okay. In that case this could work really well, and is also how I usually give my personal ratings to other games (although I can't really do that when I don't have experience in the genre, e.g. DMC5 or Wolf 2). Thx for the clarification, maybe more people will see this and try to compare them that way. Only problem that could happen is difficulties getting skewed by people solely focusing on rating based on the genre alone, although I'm sure most people in here are sensible enough to not do that :) 

@Jelly SoupYeah MMOs are very weird to rate due to the grind being the main problem, and how realistically you can overgrind a specific part that would be hard otherwise. However, I do want to hear what games could fit in there, as maybe there are MMOs we're not aware of that are actually difficulty.

I can actually suggest one myself, that being the Neverwinter 100%, specifically the "Delirium? Lunacy? Delicacy!" and "Pure of Heart" trophies. The one I've mainly been told about is the former, which requires you to beat arguably the hardest trophy-related trial by far. I've asked some Neverwinter veterans about this before and it's supposedly a 10 player dungeon that requires all members of the group to have high-end gear, as well as pristine co-ordination, to the point where they would only have the group leader talk and give instructions to the rest. It sounded crazy, and realistically the 100% for the game could deserve its spot on the list just because of that. As for the other trophy, I've been told it's not as difficult as the one I explained and the reason for it being as rare as it is, is most likely from being a newer DLC. I'm going to wait on others to bring up this game specifically before I add it in myself, but I'm convinced it is an 8/10+ difficulty completion 👀

10 hours ago, B1rvine said:

I think the best way to go about creating lists like these, is to get a general consensus of the hardest games considered 7/10 (yes, 7/10) or higher into a list, per genre. Then have people rate each game comparatively to each other, along with their own personal rating. 

On a 1st/3rd Person Shooter genre: we could (as an example) have the following games in the list:

Aliens Vs Predator      --    4    (7.5 / 10)

Dead Space 2             --    5     (8 / 10)

Doom (2018)               --    1     (6 / 10)        (easiest)

Max Payne 3               --    6    (9 / 10)   

Metal Gear Solid 4      --    3    (7 / 10)

The Evil Within            --    2    (6 / 10)

Wolfenstein II              --    7     (10/10)          (hardest)

(These aren't really my ratings, as I'm illustrating the method)

Then go from there.

Am I over complicating this? Probably :)

I am on List with this idea. Giving reference games that define the bottom of a difficulty rating could help alot. (Even tho I find you list a bit confusing why are there 6/10 and what does the extra number mean?) maybe a few games each would be better so it’s the average of them counts as reference. 

a game to be discussed.

geometry wars 3

i have seen it rated as an 8 a few times. And I could see it there myself but not very far from the 7 so what do others think? (I have platinumed it 3 times but the last stack was 3 years ago)

11 hours ago, PunisherXD2006 said:

@Jelly SoupYeah MMOs are very weird to rate due to the grind being the main problem, and how realistically you can overgrind a specific part that would be hard otherwise. However, I do want to hear what games could fit in there, as maybe there are MMOs we're not aware of that are actually difficulty.

I can actually suggest one myself, that being the Neverwinter 100%, specifically the "Delirium? Lunacy? Delicacy!" and "Pure of Heart" trophies. The one I've mainly been told about is the former, which requires you to beat arguably the hardest trophy-related trial by far. I've asked some Neverwinter veterans about this before and it's supposedly a 10 player dungeon that requires all members of the group to have high-end gear, as well as pristine co-ordination, to the point where they would only have the group leader talk and give instructions to the rest. It sounded crazy, and realistically the 100% for the game could deserve its spot on the list just because of that. As for the other trophy, I've been told it's not as difficult as the one I explained and the reason for it being as rare as it is, is most likely from being a newer DLC. I'm going to wait on others to bring up this game specifically before I add it in myself, but I'm convinced it is an 8/10+ difficulty completion 👀

I would agree with Neverwinter being at least an 8. Addition to you points, the current version of the game uses level synching across the board. When initially added, end game (at the time) groups geared to the teeth were getting trounced by starter dungeons. While it's not that bad now, the ripple effect is still in play.

Other games:
-Dauntless - People keep trying to say this is an 8 or 9, they are full of crap. It's a pure grind game, and the current version can be done in around 50 hours solo. The only hard trophy is for running a Heroic, but it's made easier by joining any one of a million boosting parties and then knowing that you don't have to clear the keystone behemoth to meet the conditions of the trophy. It's a 5, maybe 6, at best. With an admission that the first version of the game would have been a solid 8 based on how everything worked.

-TROVE - It's a heavy, heavy grind and a major time investment, made all the easier with a decently sized cash injection. But it's not really difficult, you can bullshit your way through most high level encounters by following around a couple people. The only really hard trophy is PvP, because isn't it always. My general frustration with that specific requirement has mentally saying "it's an 14/10 on the difficulty scale!!!", but realistically it's around a 6 with one requirement that's a 7 or 8 by itself.

-ESO - All grind. The game is pretty manageable once you understand how to pull together a good build. Or just play a mage and easy mode the game. 90% of the difficulty is grinding out stuff, spending hours on quests, finding hidden objects and dealing with real life timers for professions (A tangent on this: The last ring I needed for the jewelry research trophy had a timer of nearly 2 months. On the day I was supposed to unlock it, my ESO+ sub ran out, so the 30% speed buff went away and the time was increased by another month. I nearly cried.) PvP only seems like it's going to be hard until you learn the way to win is pay a guild for a carry. Money isn't hard to come by. Considering only the actual gameplay, this is around a 6, low 7, due to a learning curve and some parts just being terribly tuned. RNG is also a factor.

-DC Universe Online - Piss easy. Quick level grind, no learning curve, 99% of the difficulty is just the mass of content (expansions are pretty long). The PvP trophies would raise this from a 2 to around a 3, simply because there aren't enough players doing it and the boosting is difficult with how the game is structured.

-Final Fantasy 14 - All progression and grind, a couple things aside. I can't speak the current version of the game since I stopped playing at the end of Heavensward, but I would have put it at a 5 at the time.

-Star Trek Online - All progression, levels come easy. There is a chip collection requirement that is only difficult based on RNG. And it's pure RNG, since you either get them from drops or from the dwindling player base. For the PSN, the trophy list is a mess. Content has been shuffled around so much that achievement progression won't match the flow of the list, but that's an external issue. A 4 or 5, perhaps.

-Zenith - Difficulty is largely tied to the format. VR is expensive, headache inducing and the player base isn't as large as games journalists want you to think. As for actual gameplay.....my playtime is small, a casual glance would put it in the 6 or 7 range.

-Warframe - No one is going to agree on this one, fuckthisshitimout.gif.

There are a few others, this is all off the top of my head.

Edited by Jelly Soup
Format deez nutz.
  • Like 1

I like the idea of a list/spreadsheet with lots of challenging games, that way I can avoid the 10/10 ones 😅

Anyways, here are my thoughts (though I have to say it has been quite some time since I've played the majority of those games, so take it with a grain of salt lol) on the few games I played that are on the list or maybe could be:

Dustforce - 8/10. Finesse glitch makes the game significantly easier since in almost all levels, including the hardest one, you can break your combo and take as much time as you want and still get an SS rank at the end. But you still gotta do the last checkpoint of Yotta and a few levels legit and that can be quite difficult.

Hard Corps: Uprising - 8/10. Sayuri does indeed make the game easier. If you're playing with her, you don't have to worry about weapon pickups or not getting hit in order to avoid losing your weapon. That means you don't need an strategy as tight as you would need if you were to play with Bahamut or Kristal.

Malicious - 7/10. The more difficult trophies can be done on separate runs and the game is really short and segmented which makes it easier to practice/learn each boss. Also, I can't see this game being more difficult than other games on the list such as Badland or Raiden IV.

MK vs. DCU - 8/10. This game can be pretty difficult if you're a fighting games noob like me lol. You have to be really fast with your inputs, there's some weird timings on quite a few moves/combos and you can't cheese the trials by pausing. However the trials are easier than the SF4 ones hence an 8 and not a 9.

Raiden IV - 9/10. Each run can take up to 3 hours with pause exploit and if you make just a few mistakes, which are bound to happen if you're not paying a lot of attention, you're pretty much doomed lol.

Sky Fighter - 8/10. A few levels may seem extremely difficult at first but with the right strategy and a bit of luck (maybe a lot lol) they are very much doable. There's also a few combat levels that can be annoying as hell because the AI just spams an insane amount of grenades or plays pretty much optimally.

5 hours ago, Jelly Soup said:

-Final Fantasy 14 - All progression and grind, a couple things aside. I can't speak the current version of the game since I stopped playing at the end of Heavensward, but I would have put it at a 5 at the time.

Maybe if you are talking of the PS4 version, the PS5 version keep having DLC trophy packs with each patch, and at least it keeps asking you to do the current Savage content that is the hardest thing in the game before Ultimates. It's true that every Savage Raid gets a little easier as more patches are released because you can get better gear but eventually when the final or 2 final expansions appear that Savage content will always be the top. Still I wouldnt be surprised that people here will say that they clear savage content with PF (Party Finder) in the first week, but for not pro players it requires an static of 8 ppl (proficient in the game) to clear. You can't get carried on the current savage content, the only way is that you give you account to a pro player and they clear it using your character, but then isn't that true for all games?

On 9/21/2023 at 6:51 PM, dertswa687o said:

I have a copy of Deathsmiles I-II on my shelf and the game radiates such a menacing aura that I think it's a clear 10/10.

I came here to mention Deathsmiles I-II as well. It has a low completion rate and a lot of trophies for obtaining ridiculously high scores on the highest difficulty.

Making another update log so we catch up with the rest of the suggestion we were given as it seems things have calmed down now haha.

UPDATE LOG:

• Beat Saber: removed at 7/10 due to estimates rating it lower than the guide
  • Alchemic Jousts: removed as estimates rate it lower than 8
  • Wuppo: moved to discussion until more estimates are given
  • Arcana Heart 3: added to discussion to get more discussion surrounding this as it is indecisive at the moment.
  • Arcana Heart 3 Love Max: removed as it's known to be easier than AH3
  • Rabi-Ribi: added to discussion until more estimates are given
  • Call Of Duty Black Ops 4: Added to discussion regarding how easy it is to boost the game. May be added to the main list later
  • Raiden IV: Moved to 9/10 (keep in mind this is with pause exploits)
  • Sky Fighter: Added with guide ratings (8/10 difficulty)
  • Malicious: moved to discussion
  • Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe: added to the unobtainables section at 8/10 

Also, we have added a fourth section to the archives dedicated to unobtainable games, that way we relieve some confusion regarding those.

The following games were moved there:

• Assetto Corsa Competizione (temporarily)

• Burn Zombie Burn

• DJ Hero 1

• DJ Hero 2

• Gran Turismo 5

• Guitar Hero: Metallica

• Guitar Hero: Smash Hits

• Max Payne 3

• Medal Of Honor: Warfighter

• Motorstorm: Pacific Rift

• Killzone 2

If anyone knows of any other hard games that are unobtainable now, feel free to tell us and they'll go here :)

I apologize for the recent inactivity, we were all busy playing our own games alongside other stuff, so we didn't have time to make a log until now. Hopefully this brings some activity back and more people can hopefully find this spreadsheet as we want it to be a list people can always go to to find the next hard game they want to play, so the more people see it the better for us :D

Edited by PunisherXD2006
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, PunisherXD2006 said:

Making another update log so we catch up with the rest of the suggestion we were given as it seems things have calmed down now haha.

UPDATE LOG:

• Beat Saber: removed at 7/10 due to estimates rating it lower than the guide
  • Alchemic Jousts: removed as estimates rate it lower than 8
  • Wuppo: moved to discussion until more estimates are given
  • Arcana Heart 3: added to discussion to get more discussion surrounding this as it is indecisive at the moment.
  • Arcana Heart 3 Love Max: removed as it's known to be easier than AH3
  • Rabi-Ribi: added to discussion until more estimates are given
  • Call Of Duty Black Ops 4: Added to discussion regarding how easy it is to boost the game. May be added to the main list later
  • Raiden IV: Moved to 9/10 (keep in mind this is with pause exploits)
  • Sky Fighter: Added with guide ratings (8/10 difficulty)
  • Malicious: moved to discussion
  • Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe: added to the unobtainables section at 8/10 

Also, we have added a fourth section to the archives dedicated to unobtainable games, that way we relieve some confusion regarding those.

The following games were moved there:

• Assetto Corsa Competizione (temporarily)

• Burn Zombie Burn

• DJ Hero 1

• DJ Hero 2

• Gran Turismo 5

• Guitar Hero: Metallica

• Guitar Hero: Smash Hits

• Max Payne 3

• Medal Of Honor: Warfighter

• Motorstorm: Pacific Rift

• Killzone 2

If anyone knows of any other hard games that are unobtainable now, feel free to tell us and they'll go here :)

I apologize for the recent inactivity, we were all busy playing our own games alongside other stuff, so we didn't have time to make a log until now. Hopefully this brings some activity back and more people can hopefully find this spreadsheet as we want it to be a list people can always go to to find the next hard game they want to play, so the more people see it the better for us :D

Thanks for the update.

Related to the AH3/AH3LM discussion is not fair to remove LM from the list when only one person is adamant against it, at least there is other 3 people saying that it deserves to be there that had completed the game too.

Maybe something like B1rvine suggested could be more useful since even in the same genre we dont agree completely, personally I wouldnt add any Blazblue game to the list since I just found them long but not hard, but if other people thinks otherwise then its fine.

49 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

Thanks for the update.

Related to the AH3/AH3LM discussion is not fair to remove LM from the list when only one person is adamant against it, at least there is other 3 people saying that it deserves to be there that had completed the game too.

Maybe something like B1rvine suggested could be more useful since even in the same genre we dont agree completely, personally I wouldnt add any Blazblue game to the list since I just found them long but not hard, but if other people thinks otherwise then its fine.

Yeah that discussion became a bit confusing to read so I didn't remember exactly which games should be where, my bad haha. Thank you for the clarification though :) 
As for what B1rvine suggested, that was referring to how we should be discussing games, which I agree with and is how I try to rate most of my games, mainly platformers. Changing the format of the spreadsheet into that would be really difficult to organise I'm afraid 😅

Couldn’t find a reply here talking about The Quiet Man regarding as to how it should be on the list, or why or why not it shouldn’t on the list, I might’ve missed the reply/replied in that case, if so, my bad. Want to say I don’t think it’s an 8/10 or above, I can say it’s under a 5/10 if you know about certain exploits, with how game has very few 100% achievers and there’s barely any discussions surrounding not just on how you have to beat the without getting hit, but there’s also barely any info on stuff such as how to do trigger of the environmental finishers, there’s two that can one-shit bosses, one can let you skip one of the 3 phases of a boss, and the other outright has you skip the whole boss fight.

Hardest and only hard trophy in the game is having to beat the game not getting hit once. But you can make it be a a manageable attempt if you quit and reload whenever you get hit, the game doesn’t save your progress on whatever chapter you’re on until you completely finish that chapter. I stacked the trophy list 3 times so I did the NA, EU, and JP ver., and 100% the JP ver. under 6 hours, and I 100% the game some few more times on alt accounts. Cause of how janky the feedback can be when it comes to you getting hit, you need to know how your character reacts when he get hits, he’ll flinch when he gets hits, and you can enable controller vibration in case you somehow miss the visual or audio cue for when you get hit. I’d sometimes get hit and not even realized so I’d carry on thinking I didn’t get hit. 

On the last 2 chapters you can one-shot two bosses with environmental finishers, on the penultimate chapter you can skip one of the boss’s phases by doing a finisher on him against a statue, the statue is modeled after him. On the last chapter, there’s a boss in a bar area that is a hassle to combat legitimately, and once his introduction cutscene ends he immediately starts to walk up to you and attempt to smack you. He can be one-shot right away if you do a environmental finisher on him against a table at the bar behind him, having you skip what is the trickiest boss fight cause of little room you have, and fact that he can block a lot of your strikes. 

If you at all get hit in any way, just quit, restart application and resume the game, don’t go via select chapter, just resume where you left off. And there’s two difficulty modes, but you by default start on the easiest. The other difficulty mode increases how much more damage you receive if you get hit, so it doesn’t matter what difficulty you have on if your goal is to not get hit, enemy AI reaction remains the same.  

Edited by Flop

2 hours ago, DeepEyes7 said:

Thanks for the update.

You are making it sound like as if i tried my hardest to go against those two games. I only said that those two games are not really hard to be considered 8/10 games. Also, i am surprised that you would go against any BlazBlue game, with Continuum shift having the hardest trials in the series... Those are only second to King of Fighter XIII Trials in terms of execution.

9 minutes ago, Laxus-0 said:

You are making it sound like as if i tried my hardest to go against those two games. I only said that those two games are not really hard to be considered 8/10 games. Also, i am surprised that you would go against any BlazBlue game, with Continuum shift having the hardest trials in the series... Those are only second to King of Fighter XIII Trials in terms of execution.

I'm not saying you are wrong, its your opinion and thats fine, my experience was that I had more problems beating Parace tham doing the BB trials, my comment was that they only took your opinion and not the others, maybe the adamant part was not needed, sorry.

Just took a look at your Google Drive Document and you guys are doing an amazing job. Very well organized, detailed and explained. Saw a lot of things that surprised me, such as Jump King having save scum.

Also, I've done some of the games on the list and I agree with the difficulty and reasoning you gave.

• Like 2