The Difficulty Archives

PunisherXD

Mirror's Edge isn't too hard, if ME is 8 Wolfenstein II is 11/10. I platinumed last Mirror's Edge and watching the world record videos I was easily able to skip a long way to beat the time. I don't know if there are glitches for Wolfenstein but if when you die you have to start over it can't have the same difficulty as Mirror's Edge even without world record shortcuts.

27 minutes ago, Niilismo said:

I'm just gonna repeat what I said earlier as it seems to have gone unnoticed:

If you're including DLC (which you seem to be, looking at the spreadsheet), I'd definitely add the Dunwall City Trials DLC for Dishonored. It has quite a few demanding trophies, most notably Daredevil and By My Hand Alone. The guide here on PSNP rates it 9/10. My personal rating would be somewhere between 8 and 9.

I would agree these trophies are very annoying to do, but if you looked at the rules for the list RNG can’t be a factor. And that’s what these 2 trophies are: A RNG nightmare. It’s not difficult.

Correction. Ninja Gaiden 3 is listed as Ninja Gaiden Sigma 3, which is wrong. Also, if you include the dlc for Ninja Gaiden 3, the difficulty becomes higher (Not for base content ofc.) The dlc missions are way harder compared to the ones in the base game.

Koihime Enbu (Not Koihime Enbu Ryo Rai Rai) is not a 10/10. At best it is maybe a 8. For me it would be like a 4 or 5 but i can see others struggling a bit with this one.

Edited by Laxus-0
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Baker said:

And that’s what these 2 trophies are: A RNG nightmare. It’s not difficult.

I'm gonna have to disagree. RNG certainly makes those trophies more irritating than they needed to be, but you also need a lot of practice to even have a shot at them. It's not like you can just keep retrying until you get favorable RNG and just breeze through it. It's just that RNG dictates whether a given attempt is difficult or impossible.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Reinachii- said:

Dark souls 
Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite

My guy, you have so many games in your list, which could be considered hard and you go with dark souls, out of all things?

Edited by Laxus-0

4 minutes ago, Reinachii- said:

Weak, They are basically 3s for me.

Our personal opinions do not matter here dude. With they you also mean Koihime Enbu Ryo Rai Rai? Koihime Enbu Ryo Rai Rai is a clear 10, no question. The only fighting game which would have been harder, if it had the requirement to do all trials, would be The King of Fighters XIII, but that is not the case here.

Edited by Laxus-0

3 minutes ago, D-E-U-S-X said:

Max Payne 3 should be on this list. 8/10 would be a fair rating for The Shadows Rushed Me which is a permadeath + speedrun playthrough.

Max Payne 3 is a 6. Just like other "perma death" games wolf 2/shadow warrior etc. Really easy with so many guides/youtube vids etc to follow

Edited by Reinachii-

UPDATE LOG:

• Inferno Climber: Reborn - Added to the discussion section due to a lack of achievers and guides, so a clear estimate cannot be made
  • Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Moved to main list with the same 10/10 difficulty as Wrath Of The Righteous. This is a heavy estimate though, and might be incorrect.
  • Metal Gear Solid 4 - Moved to discussion for now, PST poll says 7.5, guide says 8, suggestion said below. once we get more clear estimates in here we'll change it accordingly.
  • Trackmania 2020 - Lowered to an 8 for now, alongside Trackmania Turbo. The skill ceiling compared to other 9/10 racing games is lower, hence they will be moved to this.
  • Crash Bandicoot 4 - Moved to the removed games section as a 7/10 for now, if lots of people disagree then we will move it back as an 8. Compared to other 8/10 difficulty platformers this is quite a bit easier, I can vouch for that myself.
  • The Evil Within - Added to the list (we somehow didn't have it!), rated 8/10 for now. If multiple people say its underrated/overrated it will be changed accordingly.
  • Max Payne 3 - Added to the list with the guide ratings and the red colour tag so people know it is unobtainable.
  • Medal of Honor Warfighter - Added to list with guide ratings. If said guide is inaccurate then we will change this accordingly
  • Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 + 2 -  Added with the guide ratings. If multiple people think that's inaccurate we will change it accordingly.
  • Spelunky - Added to discussion for now, I will ask around for estimates and see if it is worth putting on.
  • Downwell - Added to the removed games section as a 7/10. Most people seem to rate it around that range, most likely due to its very short length. I can also vouch for this one as it only took me 10 hours and didnt find hard mode bad after getting a run past Zone 2.
  • Elder Scrolls Online - Moved to discussion until we get more estimates of difficulty from people as it seems to be all over the place.
  •  Dishonored: Dunwall City Trials DLC - Added to the list at an 8/10 for now. Due to the RNG factor that seems to be surrounding the difficulty, we will try to factor a bit of that out of the equation. If multiple people start disagreeing, we will change it accordingly
  • Mirror's Edge - Moved to removed list with a "TBA" rating (see sheet for meaning). We will change this back if needed as none of the editors know much of this one iirc. @Manilu-08If you could give a rating of what it should be that would be very helpful 👀
  • Ninja Gaiden 3 - Name fixed and DLC considered. @Laxus-0if you could give us an estimate of what you think the DLC should be rated, it would be very appreciated :)
  • Koihime Japan Stack - will be removed from the notes of RRR for now, if it is a completely different game that deserves its own spot we will add it.

@BakerRegarding DMC 4, everyone I have talked to about the game has said that it is significantly harder than DMC5 due to the Bloody Palaces with every character (as well as clunkier controls, no save-scums, all S ranks etc.). And if we are rating DMC5 a 6/10, I feel like based on what others have told me, DMC4 deserves to be on there :)

@esstee11Regarding Outlast 2, We've been told by quite a few that it does not hit the same difficulty as other perma-death stuff like Wolfenstein 2, which is currently at an 8/10 on the sheet. So, I can't add it on for now, although if more people start claiming that it is as hard as wolf 2 then we will happily add it on. I also want to say that we didn't work on the sheet equally as much, so said A-Z search would've been really time-consuming for the more active ones. Not to mention that we would've had to scour through all the random easy games that appear in an alphabetical search, so we never thought of doing so.

@warrervenaWe are not going to put the Crew on due to exactly what you said, "Not hard but very time consuming". We are trying to stay away from games like those as they are more a mental challenge rather than requiring actual skill. On top of that we've been told the guide rating is heavily overrated, hence why it's not on there in the first place.

@victorrfuegoOlli Olli World's guide rates it at a 7 and is what we've heard other rate it around as well, so it will not be added, ty for the suggestion though (and hope you're doing well :D).

@MoriThank you! It really does feel like an impossible task but we'll try our best haha. I understand your point about the "try not to rate with prior experience" part of my original post, although I should've clarified tbh. What we don't want to see is stuff like "Oh Trials Rising is a 6/10 once you've done Fusion" or "Trackmania 2020 is easy after doing TMT" as this gives an inaccurate estimate. It's like if I was to give my opinion on glitchless Hollow Knight after clearing Pantheon 5 three separate times and getting radiant on all bosses. I'd say its a 6/10, but that's obviously inaccurate due to the comparison between it and other games of the 6/10 range. As long as people give it a fair rating without completely relying on prior experience for their rating, we are happy with it. Hope this clears some things up, if more people mention this I will update that part of the description to how I explained it here :D

@NiilismoDon't worry we didn't ignore what you said haha, sorry if it looked like that. We were discussing whether or not to add it as we were unsure of estimates and whatnot, but luckily your convo with baker here cleared a *few* things up, enough for us to consider it.

@Reinachii-Wow how did those two game go under our radars??? we will add them as 11/10 difficulty games straight away, tysm for the suggestion!! 💪

Once again, thank you all for these suggestions, it's helping the sheet a lot, so keep going :)

• Like 4

Mirror's Edge 7 because the difficulty is about the same as the Becomes the Master trophy in Titanfall 2 only you have to do it multiple times. I think the guide was honest at the time then has been discovered new paths to skip whole portions of a level and the difficulty dropped. I saw several recent world record videos to figure out what to do and it wasn't super hard, Dunwall City Trials is definitely harder and not just based on luck because I did it twice and the second time was much faster.

Edited by Manilu-08
  • Like 1

@PunisherXD2006 If i had to rate the difficulty for the dlc in Ninja Gaiden 3, i myself would give it a 10 out of 10, no doubt. However you need to consider that i was not good at that game. I struggled against many dlc bosses in this game.

As for Koihime Enbu, it is his own game, not a stack. The difference here, outside of balancing and gameplay, would be the difficulty. Koihime Enbu hardest trials, being trial 15, would be the equivalent of Koihime Enbu Ryo Rai Rai Trial 13. Trial 13 in Ryo Rai Rai are hard but not so much that i would go beyond an 8. And this is me considering those who never touched a fighting game in their life.

Edit: Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2 can be removed. Game is more tedious than hard. Same goes for Devil May Cry. More annoying than hard.

Edited by Laxus-0
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, PunisherXD2006 said:

@BakerRegarding DMC 4, everyone I have talked to about the game has said that it is significantly harder than DMC5 due to the Bloody Palaces with every character (as well as clunkier controls, no save-scums, all S ranks etc.). And if we are rating DMC5 a 6/10, I feel like based on what others have told me, DMC4 deserves to be on there :)

Well you haven’t talked to me. ;)

But I’m fine with it. But even me, someone who can’t string a combo together, did it quite easily.

Lady is so OP, all you have to do is jump around and charge your pistol shots.

Trish has Roundtrip + Collider combo. Really the only combo you need to learn to platinum this game.

Lady and Trish make the S Ranks trivial (although it’s also time based and you need a certain percentage of red orbs) and you don’t need to S Rank HAH.

The Bloody Palace with the super costumes for Vergil (you only need to spam Judgment Cut End), Dante (can’t remember the name of the attack but he can fly in the air and is pretty much invincible), and Nero (granted, a bit harder) are not difficult even though you can’t save scum like DMC 5.

With OP Lady you can just jump around and shoot again which leaves Trish. The hardest character for sure, but with one combo you can beat it.

I can’t really compare it to DMC 5 as I haven’t finished the S Ranks yet. Maybe I should..

But nice job with the list so far! 

• Like 1

I agree with most of your list, but Aliens Fireteam Elite being 8/10 seems wildly inaccurate. Even at launch with all the problems on the PS4 version, 8/10 is a stretch.

After the content was all released, I think the overall difficulty was around 6/10.

Otherwise, keep up the good work and thanks for the doc.

• Like 1

However Dishonored is not a Shooter but a Stealth, also there is GTA IV which is a 10/10 according to the guide. I didn't platinum it but I completed the base game 100% without problems. Maybe the difficulty is online...

Quì ora la guida è 8/10, è stata modificata di recente, l'avevo visto l'anno scorso

Edited by Manilu-08

18 hours ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

The Binding of Isaac, I'm not sure about this one, I don't think base game Rebirth alone qualifies IMO.

No, easy game, can be seeded on the vita and you can save on every room for PS4. It still takes 300 hours, but time is not difficulty.

18 hours ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

Vanquish, same issue I had with WipEout here. Outdated, will die on that hill xD

Not only that, but there is also a grenade exploit that makes the entire game a 3/10 at best. Look at how they massacrated my boy.

Props to everyone involved for putting this together. I'm weirdly happy to see so many high profile gamers gathered together in this thread. Would be nice if we had a Discord server for us too, I would get Hemiak and tmugs in it. Requirement 500 URs, maybe?

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Enzo_0684 said:

What makes Parace so difficult?

Mind you the clip if from AH3 and not Love Max but she's the same there aswell.

In Love Max there's a challenge where you have to fight her and she doesn't lose a tiny bit of health if you keep losing like she done in AH3 Score Attack.

Edited by Tosmasta00