The Difficulty Archives

PunisherXD

15 minutes ago, Baker said:

Absolutely true. I’m not against it being on the list, although I think it shouldn’t be. I think it’s like a 6/10 at best.

But I like the discussions about it and if the majority (that actually know what difficult games are) thinks it should be that’s fine. 

I do think it ks very hard since Rock Blocked, Toxic Tunnels, Nitro Processing, Jetboard Jetty and many other levels have pretty tough lenghs and traps, also i know very skilled players who busted their asses on this. But like i said, opinions are opinions we got respect it

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Laxus-0 said:

What about Koihime Enbu Ryo Rai Rai, how would you categorize this game then? Before the dlc character came out, there was no real method to get the 12100 damage trophy unless you downgraded the game to 1.00 and did either the Kakoton combo (which is not possible anymore in current version) or the Bacho Exploit (Even as a exploit it is hard to do).

And no there should not be two list, this does not make any sense. The person who wants to use a glitch can do it and that's it. That is a choice the player makes for himself and not the game telling him to do so.

That makes no sense.

So someone that can use a script on a game for the hard trophy still considers that game an 8 of 10, yet someone using an in game glitch on a game is not playing an 8 of 10 game?  Doesn't the player have choice in both situations?  To choose to use the script/glitch or not.

10 minutes ago, bdias10 said:

I do think it ks very hard since Rock Blocked, Toxic Tunnels, Nitro Processing, Jetboard Jetty and many other levels have pretty tough lenghs and traps, also i know very skilled players who busted their asses on this. But like i said, opinions are opinions we got respect it

Yeah sure. Let me explain it from my perspective. Now if you would check my profile you would notice I haven’t even finished CB4. 

But I did the 10-12 hardest time trials already but the game just burned me out. Because, well, it’s long and repetitive.

Most time spend on a Perfect Relic is around 1.5-2 hours on Crash Landed. Longest time trial is about the same although I can’t remember what the level was called.

Now let’s compare that to another game I recommended: Action Henk. Where levels are at the very max 1 minute long. Some levels took me 8-10 hours to beat. Meaning hundreds of attempts, compared to 10-20 attempts in CB4. I mean, there is just no comparison imo. AH is so much harder. And so is SMB, SMBF and other platformers..

The difficulty in CB4 is overrated. Imo.

But in the end it’s all subjective.

Edited by Baker
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Baker said:

Yeah sure. Let me explain it from my perspective. Now if you would check my profile you would notice I haven’t even finished CB4. 

But I did the 10-12 hardest time trials already but the game just burned me out. Because, well, it’s long and repetitive.

Most time spend on a Perfect Relic is around 1.5-2 hours on Crash Landed. Longest time trial is about the same although I can’t remember what the level was called.

Now let’s compare that to another game I recommended: Action Henk. Where levels are at the very max 1 minute long. Some levels took me 8-10 hours to beat. Meaning hundreds of attempts, compared to 10-20 attempts in CB4. I mean, there is just no comparison imo. AH is so much harder. And so is SMB, SMBF and other platformers..

The difficulty in CB4 is overrated. Imo.

But in the end it’s all subjective.

Well most ppl take hours on these trials and perfecrs relics, i understand your pointview no problem,  but if you see most people experiences it is suffering and pain lol

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bdias10 said:

9 minutes ago, bdias10 said:

I know Angus as a beast player and personally has said that game is a 9/10. 

Also I know BBaker is a elite trophy in has own right but I look at his time on meatboy and had nearly 300hr's in it. Idk about you but to me time should foctor into difficulty.

At least when it's time spent doing difficult tasks. Because if it was just long and not that hard then Angus would have done it in like half the time. 

And I know some player's who in fact did Crash 4 in 40+. 

So the game being a 6 seems odd to me personally.

And again I'd like to say SMB took me under a 100hrs but I still strongly feel it's a 9.

Not trying to argue here, just these rating are not making sense to me(outside of them being based on the players anodic claims) witch is fine it was their experience after all. I'm not gonna tell someone how hard they found it. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

I know Angus as a beast player and personally has said that game is a 9/10. 

Also I know BBaker is a elite trophy in has own right but I look at his time on meatboy and had nearly 300hr's in it. Idk about you but to me time should foctor into difficulty.

At least when it's time spent doing difficult tasks. Because if it was just long and not that hard then Angus would have done it in like half the time. 

And I know some player's who in fact did Crash 4 in 40+. 

So the game being a 6 seems odd to me personally.

And again I'd like to say SMB took me under a 100hrs but I still strongly feel it's a 9.

Not trying to argue here, just these rating are not making sense to me(outside of them being based on the players anodic claims) witch is fine it was their experience after all. I'm not gonna tell someone how hard they found it. 

I meant more like on a sense that guy smokes every game really fast so it is very hard for me to believe people doing something 30h quicker than him lol, not saying it is not possible,  but listening from that guys mouth the game is a 9 means a lot to me, and i had a insane hard experience as well with 180h of pure suffering so yh I see what you mean

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, LegendExeter said:

That makes no sense.

So someone that can use a script on a game for the hard trophy still considers that game an 8 of 10, yet someone using an in game glitch on a game is not playing an 8 of 10 game?  Doesn't the player have choice in both situations?  To choose to use the script/glitch or not.

I am not talking about the script. I am talking about a game where a trophy, at his current state, was not possible without downgrading and using a glitch in the first place. I don't know what you are talking about.

This has nothing to do with the script but more of a question in what kind of list you would put Koihime Enbu Ryo Rai Rai, a game which was previously not possible without downgrading it. It is now with the dlc character, but that was not the case before.

Edit: I will say it again, two list are pointless unless you want to make a 100% only and platinum list.

Edited by Laxus-0

1 minute ago, bdias10 said:

I meant more like on a sense that guy smokes every game really fast so it is very hard for me to believe people doing something 30h quicker than him lol, not saying it is not possible,  but listening from that guys mouth the game is a 9 means a lot to me, and i had a insane hard experience as well with 180h of pure suffering so yh I see what you mean

Pretty sure this guy @Shroobadid do it 30hrs faster but maybe I was high. 😅

18 hours ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

Also I know Baker is an elite trophy in has own right but I look at his time on meatboy and had nearly 300hr's in it. 

Yeah I don’t know what causes it but tracking time on PlayStation is highly inaccurate for me.

My actual time for SMB is between 100-120 hours.

It also says I played SMBF, which is harder, for 40 hours. When that took me around 150 hours.

It seems PlayStation is extracting and adding time in games and I don’t know how.

Weird.

Edited by Baker
  • Like 1

Just now, Baker said:

Yeah I don’t know what causes it but tracking time on PlayStation is highly inaccurate for me.

My actual time for SMB is between 100-120 hours.

It also says I played SMBF, which is harder, for 40 hours. When that took me around 150 hours.

After I played Trackmania Turbo for about 20 hours my in game time said already 250 hours played. I was so baffled I even sent a screenshot to Floriss about it as we were playing the game at the same time.

Trials Fusion says 500 hours. But it is around 200 hours.

Ys origin says 40 hours again. But it’s around 110 hours.

It seems PlayStation is extracting and adding time in games and I don’t know how.

Weird.

Your exophase might be broken, i have seen that sometimes with me , really ass

3 minutes ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

It's possible that I've missed anyone else commenting on Wuppo, but I heavily advise that Wuppo be taken off of this list. At worst I wholeheartedly believe it's a 7/10. Anyone else who's done it can chime in though

So going for the platinum is not a ass wupping? 

Edited by Wild-Arms-R
  • Haha 1

Just now, Wild-Arms-R said:

So it going for the platinum is not a ass wupping?

Lol, I missed that at first. But the actual answer to this is "No" though. To be clear, the game is difficult but the only thing that makes it potentially an 8, as it is not even CLOSE to a 9, is the boss rush mode. I'm not any kind of expert at whatever genre of game Wuppo is but it did not take me a great deal of effort to clear the boss rush mode.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Laxus-0 said:

You all wanna know what is hard? Track 186 in trackmania turbo. Stupid sand track is hell and no one ever talks about it.

Yes! Hardest track for me. Unpopular opinion but it took me a marathon of 16 hours.

Edited by Baker

On 9/21/2023 at 8:47 PM, CelestialRequiem said:

It's really hard for me to see Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and Vanquish as high as they are, and The Wonderful 101 not being on there at all.

Revengence I can kinda see, sorta, but not Vanquish. Vanquish is not as hard as people make it out to be. Only 2 tactical challenges from Vanquish really stand out as being annoying (if anything), 4&6, but with all the resources out there, both are doable within a few tries. Hard mode is a joke also.

As for Revengence, the VR missions and S-ranking Revengence difficulty can be ass, especially one boss fight in-particular (looking at you Monsoon's smoke bomb chip damage); however, again nothing a few tries will not fix.

Cannot speak for The Wonderful 101.

In the grand scheme of things it probably varies from person-to-person; though, I agree with Celestial here regarding Rising and Vanquish, as neither are very difficult and should not be rated so high. 

18 minutes ago, Baker said:

Yes! Hardest track for me. Unpopular opinion but it took me a marathon of 16 hours.

That one took me 2h while 180 took 30 lmaooo, worst experience ever 

I also forgot to mention MOH Warfighter should not be mention as a 8 , i have done that game and it is more like a 6 since you can save scumm on the permadeath run using a USB stick,  I have done this back in 2013 and didnt even have ps plus lol

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Laxus-0 said:

I am not talking about the script. I am talking about a game where a trophy, at his current state, was not possible without downgrading and using a glitch in the first place. I don't know what you are talking about.

This has nothing to do with the script but more of a question in what kind of list you would put Koihime Enbu Ryo Rai Rai, a game which was previously not possible without downgrading it. It is now with the dlc character, but that was not the case before.

Edit: I will say it again, two list are pointless unless you want to make a 100% only and platinum list.

We're not even talking about the same thing here.  I'm not talking about some game you have to downgrade to a previous update or use DLC for.  That is a separate issue entirely.

In general I'm saying a script is basically the same as an in game glitch or guide assistance from watching YouTube videos.  I don't see how FFIX stays on the list if other games like Wolfenstein 2 does not, or other games with in game glitches that can be exploited to greatly reduce the difficulty.  A script and a glitch are essentially the same so you either need to include both, exclude both, or have 2 separate lists.

#KillAllZombies I've almost finished just grinding the last trophy.  It's a 9 or 10 0f 10, BUT there is a way to use an in game glitch to get a majority of the hard trophies.  It's like a glitch plus some strategy.  Yet it's the same argument.  Should it stay on the list if there is a glitch, or should it be removed considering if you use the glitch it's not really 9 or 10 anymore?  If you keep FFIX due to players using a script then you keep #killallzombies because you can figure out the glitch and strategy.  OR you can choose to use neither and it's hard as hell.

I also think Cuphead should be on this list.  I see no glitches in that game that have somehow made that shit storm easier.  Repetition, some strategies shared online, but the boss attacks are random and multi staged, I don't see how it got easier.

6 minutes ago, LegendExeter said:

I also think Cuphead should be on this list.  I see no glitches in that game that have somehow made that shit storm easier.  Repetition, some strategies shared online, but the boss attacks are random and multi staged, I don't see how it got easier.

Main reason why this is not on the main list is due to the DLC giving you a character that can dash into parries, double jump, roll, and has an extra life, immediately making most of the base game manageable.

As for the bosses, I can tell you as someome who's done all S ranks, a lot of the bosses are very well telegraphed and you can tell what move they're going to do 95% of the time so even if its random, its not that difficult to predict (except Wally Warbles and Chef Saltbaker, those 2 were a nightmare to S Rank).

If you dont see Ms.Chalice as enough, then there's also the divine relic you can get through the DLC, which is about 4-5 other items combined with the catch that your weapons change every time you shoot. This is extremely helpful in most cases, especially speaking in terms of the platinum.

Hope you understand 🙂

And btw enzo (one of the editors) should be posting a new changelog soon enough, and we've decided to judge games based on how difficult they are with every exploit available, so if #KillAllZombies is made easier by a glitch, do explain further so we can potentially remove it 😁

25 minutes ago, PunisherXD2006 said:

Main reason why this is not on the main list is due to the DLC giving you a character that can dash into parries, double jump, roll, and has an extra life, immediately making most of the base game manageable.

As for the bosses, I can tell you as someome who's done all S ranks, a lot of the bosses are very well telegraphed and you can tell what move they're going to do 95% of the time so even if its random, its not that difficult to predict (except Wally Warbles and Chef Saltbaker, those 2 were a nightmare to S Rank).

If you dont see Ms.Chalice as enough, then there's also the divine relic you can get through the DLC, which is about 4-5 other items combined with the catch that your weapons change every time you shoot. This is extremely helpful in most cases, especially speaking in terms of the platinum.

Hope you understand 🙂

And btw enzo (one of the editors) should be posting a new changelog soon enough, and we've decided to judge games based on how difficult they are with every exploit available, so if #KillAllZombies is made easier by a glitch, do explain further so we can potentially remove it 😁

I actually did not have the same experience you did.  I have 100% Cuphead however I did the plat and my son tried as we went along, yet I ended up beating almost all the bosses.  We did 2 player but realized 1 was slightly less confusing.  

I found that Miss Chalice was too different to use after having done the majority of the game without her.  Also her parry is horrible and her different jumping was just ridiculous.  I actually S ranked Saltbaker on my first try it was insane.

Additionally we did not stick with the Divine Relic.  I had read somewhere that it did more damage however this we tested over and over and it was not true.  The changing of the weapons made it not worth its smoke dash.  I opted instead for the reliability of choosing my own weapons and using the PHeart?  The one where you gained life back every other or 1 3 and 6th parry.  I did use the Divine Relic for the Pacifist trophy I believe as that helped as it's weapon hindrance wouldn't affect me since I wasn't shooting.

I still think the game is brutal, but that's my opinion.

If we are including every exploit than FFIX is not a hard game, #KillAllZombies is kind of complicated.  There are no ultra rare trophies yet there is so few owners to.  I basically combined a strategy I seen, a glitch I heard about, along with a few things I thought up and got the hard trophies out of the way.  After doing this I still needed the destroy 100 cars trophy in a single match so you do have to get somewhat good at the game,  as that takes about 25 to 30 minutes of staying alive.  With this in mind I don't know what I would rate it.  Even with the glitch it's not fool proof you need a set of random perks to get the whole thing to work properly.  Maybe 8 to 10 is a fair score for it.

23 minutes ago, LegendExeter said:

I still think the game is brutal, but that's my opinion.

If we are including every exploit than FFIX is not a hard game, #KillAllZombies is kind of complicated.  There are no ultra rare trophies yet there is so few owners to.  I basically combined a strategy I seen, a glitch I heard about, along with a few things I thought up and got the hard trophies out of the way.  After doing this I still needed the destroy 100 cars trophy in a single match so you do have to get somewhat good at the game,  as that takes about 25 to 30 minutes of staying alive.  With this in mind I don't know what I would rate it.  Even with the glitch it's not fool proof you need a set of random perks to get the whole thing to work properly.  Maybe 8 to 10 is a fair score for it.

Yeah at the end of the day this is all subjective, so it'd understandable if you struggled a lot on it, it is indeed a hard game. It's just not hard enough compared to other 7s and 8s I've personally done IMO. I'm fairly sure quite a few people who are giving the fairer ratings to games will agree with me.

Yeah we decided to remove FFIX due to our decision, that should be mentioned in the changelog that should be up soon. As for #KillAllZombies, we might just leave it there for now in case someone else says its hard, but I'm unsure. 🤔

53 minutes ago, LegendExeter said:

We're not even talking about the same thing here.  I'm not talking about some game you have to downgrade to a previous update or use DLC for.  That is a separate issue entirely.

In general I'm saying a script is basically the same as an in game glitch or guide assistance from watching YouTube videos.  I don't see how FFIX stays on the list if other games like Wolfenstein 2 does not, or other games with in game glitches that can be exploited to greatly reduce the difficulty.  A script and a glitch are essentially the same so you either need to include both, exclude both, or have 2 separate lists.

#KillAllZombies I've almost finished just grinding the last trophy.  It's a 9 or 10 0f 10, BUT there is a way to use an in game glitch to get a majority of the hard trophies.  It's like a glitch plus some strategy.  Yet it's the same argument.  Should it stay on the list if there is a glitch, or should it be removed considering if you use the glitch it's not really 9 or 10 anymore?  If you keep FFIX due to players using a script then you keep #killallzombies because you can figure out the glitch and strategy.  OR you can choose to use neither and it's hard as hell.

Yeah no i get exactly what you are talking about.  For Wolfenstein 2, i can't speak for that. What i can say however is that using a guide and a script are two different things here. Even if they result is the same outcome. The thing with the script is it eliminates the difficulty for the jump rope trophy without putting any kind of effort. The guide only gives you direction and how to make things easier for you.... As for glitches there is still a difference.... 

Also which game was removed, which would have been harder, without glitches? I was looking through the thread for a few times now and i do not find anything about it. Games should be included where the glitch is not an indicator for how hard or easy it is. On that i agree with you.

• Like 1

Okay, back with another changelog, and this one's kinda massive I'm not gonna lie. Due to reading all of the comments we will be removing games from the list depending on the exploits and cheese methods prevalent in the game. The main example of this is Atari Flashback Collections. If anybody has any more games they would like to mention feel free to let us know. 

• Crash 4: Added 8/10
  • White Knight Chronicles: Added 8/10
  • Scatter: Added as 8/10
  • Saga Scarlette Grace Ambitions: Added as 9/10
  • Days gone challenge mode: Removed
  • Metal Gear Solid 4: Removed
  • Söldner-X: Added as 9/10
  • Frostpunk: Changed to 8/10
  • Mirror's Edge + DLC: Added as an 8/10, but this will primarily count towards the 100% and not just the platinum alone.
  • XCom 2: Changed from 9/10 to 8/10
  • Aliens Vs Predator: Removed
  • Shadow Warrior 1: Changed to 8/10
  • Hard Reset Redux: Removed
  • Hollow Knight: Removed
  • Celeste: Removed
  • Bound: Removed
  • Downwell: Added to games that need discussion
  • Amplitude: Added
  • Killzone 2: Added
  • Atari Flashback Collections 1 & 2: Removed due to save scumming making them exceptionally easier.
  • Atari Flashback Collections 3: Added as an 8/10 due to save-scumming but would be an easy 10/10 without.
  • Final Fantasy IX: Removed

For both Wuppo and Downwell, we would like more people to give their input on them if possible. We appreciate all the help coming in from the community, and if anything else should be changed or if you have any games you would like added please let us know. That's all for now, thanks everyone!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Enzo_0684 said:

Okay, back with another changelog, and this one's kinda massive I'm not gonna lie. Due to reading all of the comments we will be removing games from the list depending on the exploits and cheese methods prevalent in the game. The main example of this is Atari Flashback Collections. If anybody has any more games they would like to mention feel free to let us know. 

• Crash 4: Added 8/10
  • White Knight Chronicles: Added 8/10
  • Scatter: Added as 8/10
  • Saga Scarlette Grace Ambitions: Added as 9/10
  • Days gone challenge mode: Removed
  • Metal Gear Solid 4: Removed
  • Söldner-X: Added as 9/10
  • Frostpunk: Changed to 8/10
  • Mirror's Edge + DLC: Added as an 8/10, but this will primarily count towards the 100% and not just the platinum alone.
  • XCom 2: Changed from 9/10 to 8/10
  • Aliens Vs Predator: Removed
  • Shadow Warrior 1: Changed to 8/10
  • Hard Reset Redux: Removed
  • Hollow Knight: Removed
  • Celeste: Removed
  • Bound: Removed
  • Downwell: Added to games that need discussion
  • Amplitude: Added
  • Killzone 2: Added
  • Atari Flashback Collections 1 & 2: Removed due to save scumming making them exceptionally easier.
  • Atari Flashback Collections 3: Added as an 8/10 due to save-scumming but would be an easy 10/10 without.
  • Final Fantasy IX: Removed

For both Wuppo and Downwell, we would like more people to give their input on them if possible. We appreciate all the help coming in from the community, and if anything else should be changed or if you have any games you would like added please let us know. That's all for now, thanks everyone!

This is how a hard run mode looks like on Downwell.

This was really really painfull and it took me 50h to pull this off , maybe a bit more and i barely did it. The RNG on this is insane and it can screw a run on seconds. I really would like to see people here trying this we could see different experiences and opinions,  but boy this was hard for me lmao