What's the biggest mistake you've made in Gaming?

Kazeh54

I mean the Genesis, 16 bit console. I know it's a great console but back in '92 Snes was far superior and i haven't money for both consoles :(

Though perhaps the oldest and most heated console war of all time (Sony vs Xbox is nothing compared to Nintendo/Genesis circa 90's), it was also the time where the statement "own both" rang the most true. Though I agree that the SNES was superior, the Genesis was so good that it definitely deserved a spot in your living room. Some of the best games of all time came from it! Also, certain games sucked on Nintendo but were awesome on Genesis (Mortal Kombat, every Disney game, Jurassic Park, etc).

• Like 1

Though perhaps the oldest and most heated console war of all time (Sony vs Xbox is nothing compared to Nintendo/Genesis circa 90's), it was also the time where the statement "own both" rang the most true. Though I agree that the SNES was superior, the Genesis was so good that it definitely deserved a spot in your living room. Some of the best games of all time came from it! Also, certain games sucked on Nintendo but were awesome on Genesis (Mortal Kombat, every Disney game, Jurassic Park, etc).

You can add to the list street fighter 2

Sit down, children. Allow me to tell you a tale... of a great big mishap...

"Dragon Dead Stone"

Ch.1

I've made a mistake quite recently, actually, while playing Dark Souls (ps3)...

Ch. 2

In NG, I went through the trouble of defeating Smough before Ornstein during my encounter with the deadly duo so that I could later purchase the latter's boss armor from Domhnall of Zena, the only merchant in the game who sells unique boss equipment.

Ch. 3

Little did I know that I had the Dragon Head Stone, a powerful, exploitative relic that allows its user to don the head of a dragon and shoot fire from his breath, toggled in my quick-select command instead of souls, resulting in its untimely use. My dragon-hybrid knight unleashed a scorching wail that burned poor Domnhall to a cinder as he sat peacefully in the criss-cross position under the aqueduct bridge of Firelink Shrine. Not even his wicked helmet could muffle the immediate screech of pain that erupted from his burning agony. Albeit brief, his cry had branded my knight's soul, who more importantly was left with half of Ornstein's outfit due to a lack of funds before the blunder.

Ch. 4

Now I'm left with the difficult task of rectifying my mistake by completing the game at least through NG++ to earn all boss sets; Two more cracks at Ornstein and Smough (in which each's armor is only available depending on which of the two were defeated second per playthrough), once for Ornstein's set and once for his partner's. As a result, I have renounced my covenant with the Dragon as an act of my own reprisal and have become a sunbro, bro.

The End.

Edited by AdventCloud7

• 3 weeks later...

You know the last big choice in Mass Effect 1, where you have to choose in between letting the Council die or sacrificing human fleets to save them?

I thought that the third option in the corner was a completely different choice, so I selected it, mostly out of curiosity. As a result, the Council died when I would have rather seen them live. In all honesty, what made this a big mistake was less that decision, and moreso the fact I didn't reload my save and make the choice I wanted to make in the first place, so I lived with the consequences of the Council dying.

For the most part, I was fine with living with the consequences of my mistakes in Mass Effect, because that's a big part of the series' point. But that choice in particular bugs me because it was set up ambiguously enough that it misled me when it wasn't supposed to, and I just let it continue to mislead me instead of correcting that choice.

Buying Skyrim for a laptop that (I didn't know) couldn't handle it.  Slideshow... Uhg!

My newer laptop is still no gaming machine but, it plays Skyrim just fine and I am loving mods (player created houses, improved smithing, unkillable horse!)

There was a GT6 competition on the local mall, with a GT5 platinum under my belt, I crushed the 2nd place with 3-4 seconds in the prologue of a 1 minute long lap. In the finale I was the final one to race and I had a pretty comfortable lead of a 2-3 seconds, but while trying to make the perfect lap and increase my lead, I tilted the car in final turn :( The winner got a brand new PS3.

• Like 1

Trading in all 57 of my Gamecube games at EBGames/Gamestop on boxing day to be told "I'm not allowed to use my in store credit to buy an Xbox 360 on that specific sale day" and here I am now re-buying a majority of the games I've already traded in, I wasn't content with what I had which lend itself to a stupid amount of money being wasted.

Actually, all this talk of Destiny/money is reminding me of something else.

I keep on picking up FFXIV for a while, playing it for like 1-2 days, and then dropping it for like 3 months or so. Don't get me wrong, FFXIV is a VERY good MMO, but ever since I got into the 2.0 endgame, I've been thinking it just might not be the kind of MMO I want to get hugely invested into. So, how is this a mistake, per se?

Because, as you may already know, FFXIV is a subscription based MMO. So every time I wanna play, I need to pay like $20 for a 2 month subscription.

In other words, I've had several occasions where I pay $20 to play a game I'm personally "OK" about for 1-2 days, and then waste the rest of the payment by not playing that game, only to pay again and repeat this cycle later. Note to self, don't sub to an MMO any more unless you're REALLY sure you're gonna stick to it <_________________________<

• 8 months later...

Buying a New 3DS XL, having troubles with the weight of it when in bed and trading it in to GAME for a New 3DS.

Lost about £100 on it, I still hate myself for that, can't even use the excuse of being a kid either. It'll probably be one of the last Nintendo consoles I buy though if they're just going to focus on hybrids like the Switch.

Once I was in the final mission of Mass Effect 3, and when a loading screen appeared, I unintentionally disconnect the console cable with my foot while It was saving and the data corrupted. And with that also lost all the hours I put in that game and  my desire to play again sometime that game.

Also when I sold my Super Smash Bros. Melee and F-Zero GX, I made a big mistake that time.

• 3 weeks later...