What's the biggest mistake you've made in Gaming?

Kazeh54

Joining Steam because my friends forced me. Now I have like 60 games there which haven't played (because of Humble Bundle) and the community is full of *ith :P

Buying some used games from various resources (friends,Ebay etc.) and they didn't work.

Teasing my little brother when we were kids he got a angry and deleted all my saves xD

Buying Sims 3, playing Sims3, buying expansion packs for Sims 3..

Playing too much on my old Ps3, it died along with my saves and trophies (Ps3 wasn't connected to the internet very often back then and didn't have PS Plus either..)

Finding about the meta game in Pokemon (my childhood was over) T-T

My biggest mistake was often cut out games after finish main story. Want the plat, but not hurry and mostly do not have ehough time.

Not to mention, that some plats are terribly difficult and time-consuming...

P.S. example: AC:BF  took on D1, finished about 2 weeks and now barely I think about it, almost one year has passed and I still have a lot of '' work '' for this platinum !  :unsure:

Edited by Vynzen

There are a few:

1 - Getting hooked on World of Warcraft, this almost cost me my scholarship and marriage.

2 - Pre-Ordering Batman Arkham Origin special edition.

3 - One time I wanted to rent a quick platinum before I go on vacatoin, so I rented "Ben 10 Galactic Racing" Instead of the regular Ben10 game. I wasted the last two days before vacation trying to platinum the game and I was cursing so much that my family had to shush me several times since I suck at racing games.

4 - In "God of War I and II" there is a section where you have to rotate the L stick to raise a platform while you fight enemies. I thought that I had to rotate the L stick in sync with the arrow in the rotating tutorial. I spent hours on that section only to know that I only needed to rotate the L stick as fast as possible.

• Like 1

Played assassins creed 2 start to finish and got the platinum but did not sync trophy data :facepalm: 

i was trying to hide what i had done from a friend who i was having a plat war with and then i got hit by the leap year bug !

back in 2010 there was a clock related problem that effected fat ps3's and caused data loss for lots of people including myself,

i lost all my data for assassins creed 2 and all the trophies as i didn't do the sync :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm: 

had to the whole game again , this could be why i have never bought another assassins creed game :(    

Played assassins creed 2 start to finish and got the platinum but did not sync trophy data :facepalm:

i was trying to hide what i had done from a friend who i was having a plat war with and then i got hit by the leap year bug !

back in 2010 there was a clock related problem that effected fat ps3's and caused data loss for lots of people including myself,

i lost all my data for assassins creed 2 and all the trophies as i didn't do the sync :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

had to the whole game again , this could be why i have never bought another assassins creed game :(    

Same thing happened to me playing Resident Evil 6.

I was playing on a new generic account so the trophies won't sync, my plan is that once I get the platinum I would sign in my account in this generic account and sync. However, due to RE6 online feature, it tried to sign me in with some stupid account so I couldn't sign in with my original account

Two things that I can think of (don't know which one is bigger *that's what she said*):

>Only using one save slot in Skyrim. My save data got corrupted so I had to delete my level 65 character, which made me spend forever getting the 100%. 

>Saving Kaidan instead of Ashley in Mass Effect.

Lufia and The Fortress of Doom for SNES.  I'm gonna guess it's about 80% through this RPG that you come to 3 towers: green, blue and red.  I figured out the puzzles and the order but it wouldn't work to open the path to the next part of the story.  I started exploring trying to figure out what I was missing.  I basically backtracked the whole game, searching through dungeons and talking to everyone in every little village--nothing!!! After a few weeks I gave up.  Eventually my friend borrowed (and beat) the game, so I gave it another try.  There was a little old lady in the village right next to the 3 towers that I had somehow missed talking to every time.  Found her, passed the towers, beat the game with like a 4 month chunk of wasted time in the middle.  x_x

On the original Secret of Mana for the SNES, played through pretty much the whole game, reached the end and couldn't figure out how to get passed these spikes on the ground. Spent over 20 hrs trying to figure it out, then loaned it to a friend, who "accidentally" deleted my save file. When I finally for it back I started it over and realized that the axe one of your characters gets in the first 2 hrs of the game (and is practically useless thereafter) can be used to cut down bushes and small trees... And ground spikes. Beat the game like 3 days later.

My old ps3 bricked on me, I got it "fixed" so I could transfer my saves. I didn't do that for several games I had sold back. Now that I'm trying to clear backlog I have to start all these games over again.

• 2 weeks later...

Lets see... I started as "PC-Masterrace"-retard ... Because I had no internet at this time (Guess Im the only IT-technician in the world that had no internet at Moms house... *sigh*) I wasnt able to form my own interests. I just saw at schools, in printmedia, etc ... AAA here, blockbuster there, OMG THAT GRAPHICS! PC-MASTERRACE! (well I guess this line wasnt invented back then, but the ideology existed back then already) ... blah blah ... But graphics are not fun for me and Im not a graphicswhore...

The next mistake was, as I tried to free me from that bullshit, I picked the wrong console... XBox360.

Because I had the wrong friends... well... after they left me, like Akira and Dante did (seriously, its interesting how similar that was... the one was "love", the other was a missunderstanding), I noticed they are no friends at all. I mean, they had rarely time or motivation to do stuff with me anyway. And basicly, I had the XBox just because Fable and Forza, because... meh... I had back then still no idea what stuff I really want to play.

Somewhen I started WoW and played it ... dunno, since Patch 1.7 or something like this, I guess. Some months before BurningCrusade started.

This was probably the biggest gamingmistake ever. I mean, the first paragraph wasnt my fault... because I wasnt able to change anything anyway. Because I had no information about the world beyond AAA.

The second paragraph was because I thought I had friends...

Well, this one... WoW was also because "friends", the feeling that Im somehow lost and dont know what I should do with the time and somehow it even wasnt fun after all. Dunno, I LOVED Warcraft, the strategiegames, but WoW was meh... probably because Im a loner and I wasnt used to internet-friends. ... And I really hate openPvP -.- People are SOOOOOOO annoying...  and childish. Eg, as I "fleed" with my little Witch... well, after 10 minutes of running I simply turned around and attacked the warrior that was chasing me and killed him. ... Eh, he wanted the fight, so, he died. Satisfaction? ... Nope, he logged on his main and ganked me. Stupid Kiddies... *rolleyes* Or back then as I played my Deathknight... Im always in Tank specc, because basicly TankDK can solo nearly everything. I got a attacked by a TankDruid... The fight took us half of an hour. We even had, from both factions people watching us ... EY! LOOK! Two tanks are fighting... FOR CENTURIES! ò_ó ... Anyway, half of an hour later, he tried to sprint away in his catform... I was like "Oh no, Kitty, you stay here! ... <Deathgrip>" I mean, he wasted an half of an hour of my lifetime, So we must finish that, right? RIGHT?! The other Allies there attacked me then... meh... meanies!

... So many mistakes and so much wasted time (and money) *sigh*

And there was even more...

There would be so much stuff I would change in my younger years, if I could... not just because gaming.

WoW is something I would erase completly out of my new life. That was really just a waste of time... Also, when the guild loves you because they think you are female and you havnt known that... well... thats not a nice situation when you join Teamspeak ... I really thought they were nice because they were nice. :( But after Teamspeak everyone just hated me... like it would be my fault... I have done nothing. I was just myself. :o

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I buy almost all my games on PSN sales, online on the PSN store and so there was Injustice,the complete edition with all the DLC characters and skins at 15€ and I was like: HELL YEAH, and I bought it and then I realized that it wasn't the PS3 version that I wanted to buy, it was the PS4 version and I didn't have a PS4 and so I went ahead and bought the PS3 version, but yeah I wasted 15€ for nothing :(
At least when I get a PS4 I'll get Injustice but I don't think that after already playing it on the PS3 I will want to play it again.

There are a few:

1 - Getting hooked on World of Warcraft, this almost cost me my scholarship and marriage.

2 - Pre-Ordering Batman Arkham Origin special edition.

3 - One time I wanted to rent a quick platinum before I go on vacatoin, so I rented "Ben 10 Galactic Racing" Instead of the regular Ben10 game. I wasted the last two days before vacation trying to platinum the game and I was cursing so much that my family had to shush me several times since I suck at racing games.

4 - In "God of War I and II" there is a section where you have to rotate the L stick to raise a platform while you fight enemies. I thought that I had to rotate the L stick in sync with the arrow in the rotating tutorial. I spent hours on that section only to know that I only needed to rotate the L stick as fast as possible.

lol that last one  :D

Playing wow for 6 years like an addict.

Caring about trophies, i still do but i know i wont be able to do that anymore soon.

Actually buying the remaster, only good one was last of us. God of war 3 is a terrible remaster because it isnt remastered at all. Doesnt even run 60 fps.

Pre ordering games, even though i know they will be buggy. I stopped doing that since unity.